Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Service Review: Mad Scientist Motorsports - Jacksonville, FL

Old Nov 17, 2014, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Review: Mad Scientist Motorsports - Jacksonville, FL

I drove to Jacksonville 2 weeks ago to have Mike @ Mad Scientist Motorsports install my new-to-me Exedy Twin Disk clutch. The install went smoothly and I was back on the road same day. After getting back home to Tallahassee, I noticed a leak under the car: transmission fluid. I contacted Mike and explained what was going on. He quickly diagnosed the issue, saying it was most likely one of the seals between the transfer case and transmission. He then offered to buy new seals, bring more Redline Cocktail to replace the fluid I lost and drive 3 hours to my home and replace the seals for free.

This is the epitome of customer service and very few shops would go as far as Mike went to stand behind their work. If you are anywhere in the southeast and looking for a mechanic that will treat you and your car like family, contact Mike @ Mad Scientist Motorsports.

EvoM Name: mdsctst904

Last edited by qiksilver; Nov 18, 2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: adding evom handle
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:00 PM

Sorry bout the confusion on names lol, you can find me as madscientist904. Thanks a ton for the great review.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always great service from Mike.
Just to share my experiences, he has helped me troubleshoot many issues and assisted with helping me fix them on my built 2.3l.
He is not only willing to go the extra mile to get things right for his customer but also willing to take the time to explain what is going on and/or why something happened the way it did.
Two thumbs up for the man!!!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 01:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So who's fault was it?
Why did the leak start in the first place, all of a sudden the seals failed?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 09:17 PM

The small o-ring had slipped out of its spot on install of transfer case. Sometimes they stay put,sometimes they don't. I stand behind my work, warranty if you will. Thats the message I think that was most important. As a shop owner/operator I didnt want to risk any damage to the trans by asking him to return to Jax, 3 hour drive.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by madscientist904
The small o-ring had slipped out of its spot on install of transfer case. Sometimes they stay put,sometimes they don't. I stand behind my work, warranty if you will. Thats the message I think that was most important. As a shop owner/operator I didnt want to risk any damage to the trans by asking him to return to Jax, 3 hour drive.
is there no way to tell that they slipped out before the customer takes the car and goes home on a long 3 hour drive?

When they don't like you say stay put sometimes.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
is there no way to tell that they slipped out before the customer takes the car and goes home on a long 3 hour drive?

When they don't like you say stay put sometimes.

Bump

Maybe another shop knows the answer??