Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MAP was a nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 03:40 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAP was a nightmare

I placed my order on the 9th last month.
The order was a MAP manifold, ETS intercooler and licp.

The intercooler ended up coming on the 27th with an UICP even though I told them to correct the order receipt they had emailed me. It could have been there fault or ets not a big deal wasn't worried a simple mistake in the shipping process. They fixed it quickly which was reassuring.

Then the manifold arrived a few days ago and did not come with the cam angle sensor heatshield. Still waiting on it while my evo is in the shop.... they wouldn't overnight the part because the original order was regular shipping.

Just a giant pita. Will not be getting my business again.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Sounds like they are doing there best to make it right though.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
That's a nightmare? I would hate to see what a really bad experience is. LOL.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I understand your frustration because you didn't get what you ordered, however, I don't think a cam sensor shield will hold up your build. Therefore I wouldn't of over nighted it either. Just my two cents.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha wow... that sounds like such a PITA.... sounds more to me like you have no patience and live in a perfect world which none of us are familiar with lol. i very much understand being frustrated with things not going as planned, but being flexible and understanding really helps, hell, ive had three people send different packages to california (i live in georgia), even after i exagerated ny current address multiple times. **** happens, nothing to bash MAP for, theyre a good company and life isn't perfect.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

In the OP's defense, that is pretty slow shipping for a non custom order these days.

That being said, the cam angle sensor shield is a useless 1 bolt dress up item, you can safely run your car without it in the meantime. If they had forgotten to send you a gasket that you need it would be a much more urgent item considering you car is waiting in a shop
Old Feb 5, 2015, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
I think this happens everytime MAP messes up OP is upset because he did not receive his full order that he paid for, everyone else defends MAP... Mistakes happen, MAP should have shipped that shield faster since they messed up. Pretty simple solution for a careless mistake.
MAP does not get to judge how fast the customer needs the parts that he paid for, they should have just rushed that last item.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 07:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by scopy
haha wow... that sounds like such a PITA.... sounds more to me like you have no patience and live in a perfect world which none of us are familiar with lol. i very much understand being frustrated with things not going as planned, but being flexible and understanding really helps, hell, ive had three people send different packages to california (i live in georgia), even after i exagerated ny current address multiple times. **** happens, nothing to bash MAP for, theyre a good company and life isn't perfect.
Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
That's a nightmare? I would hate to see what a really bad experience is. LOL.

I definitely don't live in a perfect world and have a lot of patience trust me you don't even know me

It was a pain in the *** considering that i had to send back a package that was supposedly corrected also had to take off work to sign for the package, had to verify my paypal with my id because they cant just do a regular paypal account, had to make multiple phone calls and emails to remind them to fix it . Overall not a very pleasant experience for any customer i would say.

They did sincerely apologize to me but sometimes sorry isn't enough in this world actions mean more than words. I've worked in sales before and i'm sure that overnighting a part to save a valuable customer is worth it especially after all the hassle and on top of also it being my first order there.

If it was your hard earned money i'm sure you would feel some sort of frustration too.

Out of every company i have bought from ,Car performance or not, they have been one of the worst to deal with that is just my experience and MY opinion.

I'm not one to give bad reviews ever or bash anyone this is a first trust me i was shocked at how i was treated. I definitely wont be returning my business.

As for the part not being necessary and only visual that is incorrect. I was told by STM that they HIGHLY reccomend it and would not run it without it.
i will be doing a tuning session and road racing this summer, which will generate a lot of heat and my manifold is not wrapped so it is a crucial part.

Anyways It's all done and over with now and the manifold is excellent quality , but i just thought i would post up my HONEST experience.

Last edited by Dan_585; Feb 5, 2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 07:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
I think this happens everytime MAP messes up OP is upset because he did not receive his full order that he paid for, everyone else defends MAP... Mistakes happen, MAP should have shipped that shield faster since they messed up. Pretty simple solution for a careless mistake.
MAP does not get to judge how fast the customer needs the parts that he paid for, they should have just rushed that last item.
Thank you, you understand perfectly!!!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 09:57 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
MAP screw ups are so rare that I guess a thread gets made each time
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
This is true.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:42 AM

the shipping part would of been the biggest pita for me, i hate waiting. gl
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ikt
MAP screw ups are so rare that I guess a thread gets made each time
I have ordered from MAP 3 times/ every single time they have delayed my order by weeks. Any time they drop shift ship something, they don't have a system to communicate that those items are ever shipped. It ends up in me calling them to check, them calling the 3rd party , and my parts showing up 8 days late.

Last edited by E46HamannM3; Mar 22, 2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM

4/7 I made the order, 5/4 I received the second half of my shipment

map2 by Robert.Apostolec, on Flickr
Old Mar 30, 2015, 02:47 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by E46HamannM3
I have ordered from MAP 3 times/ every single time they have delayed my order by weeks. Any time they drop shift ship something, they don't have a system to communicate that those items are ever shipped. It ends up in me calling them to check, them calling the 3rd party , and my parts showing up 8 days late.
I am a person who wholesales/drop ships things for resellers, and I can tell you that sometimes things get overly complicated/confused. I've shipped things to wrong customers before, or sent out shipment forgetting to bill for it, etc. I wish there was an easier system, or something automated that all vendors used, that would relay that kind of information but there just really isn't :/

Manufactures would use it, too. For example, one time I ordered an Extreme Dimensions lip, but cancelled the order because of wait times. I bought a VIS one instead. 3 months later, an Extreme Dimensions carbon lip showed up on my doorstep...I checked to make sure I'd gotten refunded, and I had...but their system still shipped me one anyways! I had to get ahold of the reseller and arrange for UPS to come pick it up, and they had no clue that the order had been cancelled and refunded.

tl;dr-resellers would love an easy system as much as customers!

Last edited by ikt; Mar 30, 2015 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: MAP was a nightmare