Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buyer beware top level ny

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please have a read on my nightmare with these scammers, as long as people keep doing business with them, they will keep doing it. Plenty of other threads about these rip offs. They sold me a 2.3L with mismatched rods, no clearances looked at, a PTW clearance that would have siezed the pistons when they got hot, and rings gaps that nearly touched. They blamed everything on me saying I ran the engine hard for 1000s of miles when the engine never started.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-start-up.html
Old Mar 16, 2015, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insane honestly!!

Originally Posted by okevolutionVIII
Please have a read on my nightmare with these scammers, as long as people keep doing business with them, they will keep doing it. Plenty of other threads about these rip offs. They sold me a 2.3L with mismatched rods, no clearances looked at, a PTW clearance that would have siezed the pistons when they got hot, and rings gaps that nearly touched. They blamed everything on me saying I ran the engine hard for 1000s of miles when the engine never started.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-start-up.html
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry for your loss. We aren't all like that in NY.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FX11
Sorry for your loss. We aren't all like that in NY.
I believe that
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top Level is the worst shop I have ever went to. They are un-professional and don't own up to mistakes they make. Stay away and go to a shop that backs there work and doesn't make excuses.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gmilonas85
Top Level is the worst shop I have ever went to. They are un-professional and don't own up to mistakes they make. Stay away and go to a shop that backs there work and doesn't make excuses.
Im at a much better place now this statement is 100% true
Old Mar 26, 2015, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Top Level is a joke. Always has been, always will be.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

you could say that again

Originally Posted by DSMdynamic
Top Level is a joke. Always has been, always will be.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 07:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=NY Black momba;11411014]SO let me 1st start off by saying this is 100% out of character but this level of disrespect from one business owner to another is on a different level. The owner of top level Ricky Top Level Performance called me as a friend to take my Extreme Turbo Systems turbo kit that I was selling and in exchange he would give me a Brand New hot parts kit and a New turbo so that he didn't have to wait the 3-4 week down time. With my car being down and respect for the goal he was reaching for I gave him but entire kit no questions asked. That was January 17th 2015.

How you chasing for records with parts you do not even own!!
Went to the shop two days ago, he looks at me in the eyes says "Hi Allen give me one second " then walks out the door and after waiting almost an hour never comes back. I sent him dozens of calls and text messages and not one answer in over a week. I also went to the shop 3-4 times and he was know where to be found.
After calling my builder and losing my mind he was able to get my Original turbo kit back but my $200 is in a black whole in top level space LOL
Moral of the story stay away from that shop!!!! all the guys who work over there are good guys sorry your leader ship there is WEAK!

If anyone else had problems with these guys let me know !!

dont let their high horse power vidoes fool you, " Bait and switch ALert"

what is even worst many people have got jerked and scammed by them
but they choose to stay quiet smh, how are we to grow as a community if you stay quiet about a shop that has done you wrong, i know there are exceptions to the rule but do you people see a trend here?
every time i think about it smh soo sad.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Exactly people can not stay quite they must speak up

[QUOTE=vtec fever;11420440]
Originally Posted by NY Black momba
SO let me 1st start off by saying this is 100% out of character but this level of disrespect from one business owner to another is on a different level. The owner of top level Ricky Top Level Performance called me as a friend to take my Extreme Turbo Systems turbo kit that I was selling and in exchange he would give me a Brand New hot parts kit and a New turbo so that he didn't have to wait the 3-4 week down time. With my car being down and respect for the goal he was reaching for I gave him but entire kit no questions asked. That was January 17th 2015.

Nyce1s - Top Level Performance BBW Mitsubishi EVO X 796 WHP.... - YouTube

How you chasing for records with parts you do not even own!!
Went to the shop two days ago, he looks at me in the eyes says "Hi Allen give me one second " then walks out the door and after waiting almost an hour never comes back. I sent him dozens of calls and text messages and not one answer in over a week. I also went to the shop 3-4 times and he was know where to be found.
After calling my builder and losing my mind he was able to get my Original turbo kit back but my $200 is in a black whole in top level space LOL
Moral of the story stay away from that shop!!!! all the guys who work over there are good guys sorry your leader ship there is WEAK!

If anyone else had problems with these guys let me know !!

dont let their high horse power vidoes fool you, " Bait and switch ALert"

what is even worst many people have got jerked and scammed by them
but they choose to stay quiet smh, how are we to grow as a community if you stay quiet about a shop that has done you wrong, i know there are exceptions to the rule but do you people see a trend here?
every time i think about it smh soo sad.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 09:44 AM

Ricky if your reading this, this is Hassan.
i can tell you guys about this shop, a-z but i wont. i will just talk about the last time he called me.
I had a HP tuner because i had a corvette . I showed him how it works compared to evo scan/ecuflash and aem. he also needed a laptop (because his was outdated and did not work properly) so i told him with my laptop (worth $1200) and hp tunerpro (worth$650) i would charge him $1200 total including me teaching him out to use the program. i also told him i need another evo so if you know anyone let me know. Ricky called me one day and asked if i can come with the my lap top and program and help him tune a customers srt4, and maybe teach him how to do corvettes and chargers etc with the HPtuner. I am sure he was not trying to pay for it. i was at work and didn't really feel like doing free bees. so i declined
then all of a sudden he calls me cause there is a customer who is trying to get rid of his evo. the guy is asking for 12k for his evo. i told him if he really knows the guy, if he can try to lower the price for me. he said "what would you give me in return". i said if u get it to $10k i will give you the laptop and the hptuner. he said nothing to the guy and put him on the phone with me. we talked and settled on $11k for the car if i liked it (never bought it cause it was in terrible condition). ricky takes the phone and tells me that he wants the laptop and HPtuner because a deal was worked out between us. that was so funny!

any one in NYC are or his customers can pm me to get a full list of shady isshhhhh
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:58 AM

The sad thing is so many people in the industry of cars try to get over when they can instead of just being honest and straight up. i see it everyday in my line of work. always go with your gut, and u can't trust people as far as you can throw em sometimes. i had a guy try and sell me a car that had a whining trans with trouble trying to get it into gear and turbo that was spooling right with 59,000 miles for 25k. i wasn't born yesterday nor am i stupid. Oh and i was in the passenger seat and didn't even have to drive the car to see all the problems.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Surprised by this lmao0ooo0 Man is always trying to pull a fast one

Originally Posted by Shinzon
Ricky if your reading this, this is Hassan.
i can tell you guys about this shop, a-z but i wont. i will just talk about the last time he called me.
I had a HP tuner because i had a corvette . I showed him how it works compared to evo scan/ecuflash and aem. he also needed a laptop (because his was outdated and did not work properly) so i told him with my laptop (worth $1200) and hp tunerpro (worth$650) i would charge him $1200 total including me teaching him out to use the program. i also told him i need another evo so if you know anyone let me know. Ricky called me one day and asked if i can come with the my lap top and program and help him tune a customers srt4, and maybe teach him how to do corvettes and chargers etc with the HPtuner. I am sure he was not trying to pay for it. i was at work and didn't really feel like doing free bees. so i declined
then all of a sudden he calls me cause there is a customer who is trying to get rid of his evo. the guy is asking for 12k for his evo. i told him if he really knows the guy, if he can try to lower the price for me. he said "what would you give me in return". i said if u get it to $10k i will give you the laptop and the hptuner. he said nothing to the guy and put him on the phone with me. we talked and settled on $11k for the car if i liked it (never bought it cause it was in terrible condition). ricky takes the phone and tells me that he wants the laptop and HPtuner because a deal was worked out between us. that was so funny!

any one in NYC are or his customers can pm me to get a full list of shady isshhhhh
Old Apr 1, 2015, 04:59 PM

You can say that again!!!!!! I got ripped off for 8k an a nightmare

Originally Posted by NY Black momba
Surprised by this lmao0ooo0 Man is always trying to pull a fast one
I brought my rx7 to them in September had to have the cops get involved just to get my car back from this thieving bunch of liars. Ricky is a scam artist. He basically took my car destroyed the interior, tried to sell parts off my car. Chop shopped my engine parts. Used my uncle as a welder and then charged me massive labor fees... Every month that went by was another story of what was wrong in his and his staffs lives. His entire roster changed 4 times in 5 months. This guy is a scumbag. So is every lying douchebag that works for him including the "honest" jay rivers. Telling me he ordered parts and never did. Tried to sell my transmission off my swap without asking and when I called the shop pretending to be someone else he was all sure I'll sell it to you cheap..... Of course you would it doesn't belong to you scum bag!!! 8k in receipts changed the paperwork the second I Sao I've had enough I'm coming to get the car. Left my tranny outside in an ice block. All my rotary parts missing and to top it all off at bottom level performance... Ripped the rx7 badges off the side of the car. And for good measure and an added f me.... Grease oil and an ac compressor on my passanger seat on a mint interior.... Grease stains and oil everywhere.... Oh thanks so much you hacks. I now have to go back and fix everything they've touched. F you ricky f your wife who really owns the company and f ur shoddy employees that lie for you and I hope you get a-hole cancer and die. D-bag. Real classy fellas down at that chop shop... I could build a car with those resources in a month. He couldn't do it in 5 with 4 people and cash up front.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

See, I was going to stay out of this thread, but seeing the stories that are coming from those dealing with him, I think I ought to share mine.

In 2011 I made one and only one purchase from him, and it for what was advertised as a used Driveshaft Shop center driveshaft. I felt the price was good and agreed to buy it. What I got was definitely not a DSS Driveshaft (or quite what was pictured originally in the for sale thread), but what may or may not have been a used AWD motorsports modified driveshaft. I tried to verify if it was with AWD motorsports to no avail as Mike never responded. There were no distinguishing markings on it to tell who modified it.

I paid about $50 less than what AWD Motorsports sold them without a core, and I was not happy about that. I questioned Ricky on this and while I did get somewhat of an apology as he apparently had more than one at the time (alledgedly), he would not agree to either take it back or refund some of my money to me. I bought a used driveshaft for almost what it would have cost me new.

I did file a dispute but Paypal ended up ruling in favor of him. They felt what I received was "close enough" and that it was not an issue of non-receipt of goods or services. Paypal has since tightened their rules but at the time he got away with it. I also learned to always save a picture of the parts in the for sale thread so they can't take them down on you immediately after sale. Never was an issue until I dealt with him.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware top level ny