Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buyer beware top level ny

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buyer beware top level ny

SO let me 1st start off by saying this is 100% out of character but this level of disrespect from one business owner to another is on a different level. The owner of top level Ricky Top Level Performance called me as a friend to take my Extreme Turbo Systems turbo kit that I was selling and in exchange he would give me a Brand New hot parts kit and a New turbo so that he didn't have to wait the 3-4 week down time. With my car being down and respect for the goal he was reaching for I gave him but entire kit no questions asked. That was January 17th 2015.

I was told middle of February I would have the Hot parts kit and new turbo kit giving him the $200 difference for the turbo. Last week of February I went to his shop and he said funds were tight so he was not able to order it but that day he would order it "even called ETS in front of me and said he would order it later in the day.
Two days later my gut told me to call ETS and they said no hot parts kit from that shop was ordered. Ricky did give me my new turbo but he had ordered the wrong one I needed twin scroll he gave me a open housing so I gave it back. I was told it was sent back two weeks ago and when I called precision they said the turbo was in stock and would have been shipped 2-4 days after getting the turbo. So another lie was told there.
Yesterday I finally got my turbo kit back that was used in this video here

How you chasing for records with parts you do not even own!!
Went to the shop two days ago, he looks at me in the eyes says "Hi Allen give me one second " then walks out the door and after waiting almost an hour never comes back. I sent him dozens of calls and text messages and not one answer in over a week. I also went to the shop 3-4 times and he was know where to be found.
After calling my builder and losing my mind he was able to get my Original turbo kit back but my $200 is in a black whole in top level space LOL
Moral of the story stay away from that shop!!!! all the guys who work over there are good guys sorry your leader ship there is WEAK!

If anyone else had problems with these guys let me know !!

See you at the track Boys
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll make sure to get a receipt every time I give someone my turbo from now on.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why wouldn't you just sell the turbo kit to him straight up? You could have then turned around and purchase a brand new kit and everyone would be happy. Am I missing something?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Points for being a nice guy. But nice guys get screwed over. Neither party handled this correctly, however, he is clearly in the wrong. A verbal contract is still a contract and I would take him to court. I have a strict YOU PAY NOW policy so things like this don't happen.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
If it costs more than gum I'm not giving it to anyone unless they are a blood relative. You're crazy. Nice, but crazy. No way I would do something like you did with anyone. Money talks.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lippy1306
Why wouldn't you just sell the turbo kit to him straight up? You could have then turned around and purchase a brand new kit and everyone would be happy. Am I missing something?
I wanted to sell it straight out , but because he was supposed to get me brand new parts I thought I could sell it for more money plus I got the turbo I wanted if it would have went threw.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sephiron
Points for being a nice guy. But nice guys get screwed over. Neither party handled this correctly, however, he is clearly in the wrong. A verbal contract is still a contract and I would take him to court. I have a strict YOU PAY NOW policy so things like this don't happen.
I have known this guy for Years so didn't think there would be any problems going forward that policy will be in forced
Old Mar 14, 2015, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NY Black momba
I have known this guy for Years so didn't think there would be any problems going forward that policy will be in forced
Good thing you put it out there to inform people about that shop, funny thing is i saw that video like last week and was thinking he seemed kidna douchey..especially the way he was commenting back to posters on youtube. I have the same policy as above poster mentioned. Its funny how people who are supposedly close to you are always the ones pulling some bull****.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ I know its crazy!!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:47 AM

bad things happen to good people, everyone wants to win/come up. can't really trust many. specially in nyc lol.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

lol so sad
Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Good luck with your setup look forward to seeing it at the track. Also good luck with the other build. I bet that will be fun when it's all put together.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 01:22 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Given all the boasting in the video and knowing the back story brings about a solitary comment - pathetic.

OP, very sorry you had to go through this. Best of luck to you.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you, excited to get both cars rolling waiting for parts to come in is killing me!.

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Good luck with your setup look forward to seeing it at the track. Also good luck with the other build. I bet that will be fun when it's all put together.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
My only experience with them is that I used to follow them on Facebook . I had to un-follow them because they were unprofessional, had terrible spelling, and pretty much seemed like they only parted out cars.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware top level ny