Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

FiTronic FlexFuel and TSCompUSA Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
Thumbs up FiTronic FlexFuel and TSCompUSA Review

I will start with the review of the tune and service that I got from Tom. My mods are Cosworth M2s, RRE Stealth TBE, SD, FIC1120s, Walbro 255 punched, gm bcs, a JB FP Green 73HTA in a MHI hotside and a FiTronic FlexFuel setup. For my car we did both an E85 and a 91 map and I am very pleased with the results. Tom went into the tune and helped me troubleshoot why the car wasn't firing up initally and then got it to make solid, safe power on both fuels. He can be a little hard to get a hold of sometimes but that is due to an extremely demanding workload for one person. Again, his tunes are top notch and on either fuel it drives amazing and makes safe knock-free power.

Now for the FlexFuel setup. When I contacted Tom wanting a tune I was looking at a map switching setup with an E85 and a 91 map. He asked what I planned to do with the car and when I told him mostly street driving he suggested that I think about this new setup. I was a little skeptical at first but after seeing a couple other cars running it at much higher numbers than I planned to make I decided it was probably worth the money and went with it. After having it in the car for 2+ months all I can say is that I am extremely impressed by this system. The install was very straight forward and on top of that it works amazing. The system adjusts for the fuel that is currently in the car so well that if the car is idling while filling up you can't even hear an hiccup of any sort. I recently took this car on a 700 mile road trip with some other evos and they were all worried about finding E85 while I simply filled up with whatever was at the pump and let the system adjust. I have had it mixed from 10% all the way up to 80% ethanol and haven't hit a spot where the system does something wrong. If you are looking at dual maps but want something more convenient this is the setup you want. I have been and will continue to suggest it to any evo owner that asks me if I like it.

If anyone has any more questions let me know and thanks again Tom for the awesome service and suggesting this awesome setup.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks for the awesome review Ryan! I just want to note I asked Ryan if he was willing to write a review on the system for us good or bad (honest unbiased opinion), but didn't expect him to go into detail as much as he did.

I would like to share the results of his final tune, but his clutch was slipping as we were increasing power on the full ethanol content, so we never completed entirely the full power potential of this particular car on the full e85 blend.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm assuming these kits are still available? I messaged you a couple weeks about it Tom, however I haven't heard back yet. I would love to get my hands on one of these kits.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

I have 10 kits available right now. They are on their way to me. I can get more whenever I need them, but there will be a little ETA in between each order of kits.

If you want to order a kit please PM me or email me at tom@tscomptuned.net

Sorry I didn't respond yet.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:47 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
i've been thinking of this setup. e85 is fun, but we have one pump in my town and there are none at the race tracks i go to. so there i am draining fuel, swapping fuels.. trying to catch all i can, replacing drain plug washers, being paranoid about stripping one out, etc LOL.
i'm too lazy to sit and guess how long it will take me to use up all my gas so i can fill up on an empty tank blah blah.
flex fuel would be the solution to all my e85 issues.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I have 10 kits available right now. They are on their way to me. I can get more whenever I need them, but there will be a little ETA in between each order of kits.

If you want to order a kit please PM me or email me at tom@tscomptuned.net

Sorry I didn't respond yet.
No worries, I know you're a busy guy. I'll pm you again and try to get things moving forward
Old Dec 2, 2015, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
Kaj, if you want e without all the hassle of switching maps this is perfect. I used my setup summer switching and mixing constantly to make sure there weren't going to be issues. It never missed a beat. Probably one of my favorite things I have done to the car.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor

If I am contacted and I don't respond back just send the email again.