Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Paging TSComp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Also keep in mind, When you work with me remote/email based I dedicate the entire day to you only. Real time we communicate and tune the car. Sometimes it can be done in 1-2 hrs, (5-6 pulls) sometime it takes 5-6 hrs. The main thing to understand here is, When I schedule a remote/email tune on my calendar that persons actually getting FULL attention from me and I have nothing else to do that entire day other then their car.

Most people cannot do that due to other scheduling and work they have to perform.

I am not going to keep doing this service forever however. We are moving into a larger shop soon and a dyno will be at the new facility and I will slowly stop offering this service, But for now just understand what I offer is pretty rare for remote/email style tuning. I halt my entire work day and focus strictly on your car and yourself.

I no longer drag tunes out for days/weeks anymore. Its not efficient. I learned that the hard way many years ago.

Sorry you had to make a thread just to get my attention. The reason I seen the thread is because my buddy showed it to me on facebook.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by seven10
Thank you, this is what I would like to get done. I got your email and responded as well.

Just to re-state here I wasn't going to have someone else attempt to tune the car without guidance from TSComp or other FiTRONIC provider, that also wasn't my first option for resolution.
I will respond further with your follow up emails. Sorry for the inconvenience I caused you.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No worries, I'm not on a time crunch. I'm just at least glad to get the conversation moving forward.
The following users liked this post:
tscompusa (Aug 22, 2016)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
That is the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the fitronic kit yet from Tom.
Worried I'd be stuck in the same situation. I also have a bunch of customers who would love to have the same kit. Please let us know how the kit is once she is all tuned.
I have already discussed with you in detail that I would accommodate you and you would not have any delay times with me anymore as opposed from prior. I know how you work, And you can get logs very very quickly, So I would love to work with you on whatever you need done remotely/email based, Whether its Mitsubishi, Nissan, Or any other platform.

Just send me a Skype message and we will go from there.

I've tuned more cars on FiTronic then anyone in the US to date. We have done around 50~ cars to date on FiTronic. I also tuned the very first FiTronic car in the US also.

They Range from stock block to built block making anywhere from 400WHP to 870WHP.

Originally Posted by Tekniq
I too am having this issue with Tom. I do think he does good work. But at some point you have to realize you can't be a one man show.
A simple response to email is all some folks need.
I got tuned by tom initially and now need a retune and I seriously have to start considering contacting English Racing for a remote tune.
If you sent an email to me resend it and put your name in the subject title please so I can track you. I will be following up with mostly all of my pending emails today as well, So I may respond that method.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I have already discussed with you in detail that I would accommodate you and you would not have any delay times with me anymore as opposed from prior. I know how you work, And you can get logs very very quickly, So I would love to work with you on whatever you need done remotely/email based, Whether its Mitsubishi, Nissan, Or any other platform.

Just send me a Skype message and we will go from there.
Thanks, I'll add you on Skype and the responses here and in email have been much appreciated.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Sorry I'll respond.

Let me give a very stern warning also to others. Not just anyone can tune the FiTronic good. If you go elsewhere and it performs poorly its not the software's fault.

Tom
hummm... not sure what to make of that...

Anyway, tom and i have had our disagreements...
In the end, and after i posted a thread about it on the forum, he refunded my money.
no complaints on my end.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 09:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hutch959
hummm... not sure what to make of that...

Anyway, tom and i have had our disagreements...
In the end, and after i posted a thread about it on the forum, he refunded my money.
no complaints on my end.
There are multiple ways to mess a car up with blending tables or not understanding how to blend maps.

The post was made to protect the FiTronic so people don't write it off due to tuner error, Which I've seen occur in the past and they get listed for sale on Facebook groups.

I sell and invest a lot of funds into the program, So I want to make sure its being done properly.

If its not being done properly, My post is simply there to show it is not the hardware or software's fault. Just like the full blown not tuning correctly wasn't its fault either.

Sometimes a tuner needs to go outside the box to get a car to work properly, Which i've learned since I do this for a living not a hobby, And can figure out anything that's put in front of me because of that simple fact.

Not everything is cookie cutter style in a car, Every car is different in its own way. Voltage varies on almost every car, and Dictates how a lot of things function & how maps end up.

A really good experienced tuner will let the car communicate/talk to them via the logs they are looking at. As the tuner is viewing the logs, They understand the language that the cars speaking and the maps shape themselves naturally just based on what the cars telling them to do.

FiTronic is relatively a new thing still, So people need to build trust for it based on what they see. I personally would never push something that didn't work good, And I was completely against the product at first, Because letting the ECU have that much control and trusting it to just self tune based on ethanol % sounds insane to a normal person. Once you actually see it working infront of you and viewing all the data its spitting back and seeing it can literally tune the car as good or better by itself after both maps are calibrated is crazy. Its an awesome program.

The only downfall to the stock ecu is, Its OPEN LOOP in boost pressure, Meaning the ECU reads directly off the fuel map and has no fuel trims to auto correct, So you get what you get. We can still keep a car pretty accurate from day to night though with AFR. Of course at night air is more cooler/dense so you will run slightly more leaner vs during the day time.

Sorry for writing a book.
The following 2 users liked this post by tscompusa:
infam0usndn2nv (Aug 22, 2016), seven10 (Aug 22, 2016)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There are multiple ways to mess a car up with blending tables or not understanding how to blend maps.

The post was made to protect the FiTronic so people don't write it off due to tuner error, Which I've seen occur in the past and they get listed for sale on Facebook groups.

I sell and invest a lot of funds into the program, So I want to make sure its being done properly.

If its not being done properly, My post is simply there to show it is not the hardware or software's fault. Just like the full blown not tuning correctly wasn't its fault either.

Sometimes a tuner needs to go outside the box to get a car to work properly, Which i've learned since I do this for a living not a hobby, And can figure out anything that's put in front of me because of that simple fact.

Not everything is cookie cutter style in a car, Every car is different in its own way. Voltage varies on almost every car, and Dictates how a lot of things function & how maps end up.

A really good experienced tuner will let the car communicate/talk to them via the logs they are looking at. As the tuner is viewing the logs, They understand the language that the cars speaking and the maps shape themselves naturally just based on what the cars telling them to do.

FiTronic is relatively a new thing still, So people need to build trust for it based on what they see. I personally would never push something that didn't work good, And I was completely against the product at first, Because letting the ECU have that much control and trusting it to just self tune based on ethanol % sounds insane to a normal person. Once you actually see it working infront of you and viewing all the data its spitting back and seeing it can literally tune the car as good or better by itself after both maps are calibrated is crazy. Its an awesome program.

The only downfall to the stock ecu is, Its OPEN LOOP in boost pressure, Meaning the ECU reads directly off the fuel map and has no fuel trims to auto correct, So you get what you get. We can still keep a car pretty accurate from day to night though with AFR. Of course at night air is more cooler/dense so you will run slightly more leaner vs during the day time.

Sorry for writing a book.

Woow very good explanation
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Tom invest in help you are growing which is great. I remember when you started on here with 150.00 dollar tunes. Now you are one of the biggest name in the business. Great to watch you grow and even more so with a shop that offers full builds now.
The following users liked this post:
tscompusa (Aug 24, 2016)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Of course at night air is more cooler/dense so you will run slightly more leaner vs during the day time.
Hence why Im leaning against it. Being I like to daily my car, I find it hard to accommodate Michigan weather with one tune for the entire year. (That is, if I do not mess with the settings as the average joe would not.)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 03:14 AM
Former Sponsor

If you're referring to the FiTronic, Its actually safer on temp swings then it is traditional dual map tuning due to the active blending / modified scalers.

I would offer a summer/winter tune for anyone afraid of needing a retune due to temp changes or free followup touch up adjustments if no mods are changed.

I'm going to work on making something so anyone can adjust fuel or timing to an extent though on the system so it opens the market place up more for others who want to play with their tune and not be jailed away from it.

We have a lot of cars on FiTronic that are daily drivers and no issues, But me personally being a tuner, And before I started doing this for a living and was a hobbyist only, I personally would never purchase this due to the fact Id not have access to changing the tune myself.

So im going to work on trying to get that changed so it appeals to everyone and not just people who don't like to do their own tuning, Because I know we are losing sales because of it.
The following 2 users liked this post by tscompusa:
lancerrally45 (Aug 24, 2016), RUDEBOY77 (Aug 24, 2016)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 03:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo8vz
Tom invest in help you are growing which is great. I remember when you started on here with 150.00 dollar tunes. Now you are one of the biggest name in the business. Great to watch you grow and even more so with a shop that offers full builds now.
I have some help, But not enough yet! Thank you for the kind words. If I could, I would still only charge that price, But its hard to cover all my bills and expenses with that amount, So I had to change it!

Thanks a lot I appreciate the positive feedback! Couldn't have done this without the customers at the end of the day they are more important then anything else.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have some help, But not enough yet! Thank you for the kind words. If I could, I would still only charge that price, But its hard to cover all my bills and expenses with that amount, So I had to change it!

Thanks a lot I appreciate the positive feedback! Couldn't have done this without the customers at the end of the day they are more important then anything else.
lol charge 500.00 per tune to weed out certain customers.

people im sure wouldnt mind paying this could open up time for serious customers.