Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Paging TSComp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Paging TSComp

Tom, (Mods, I'm sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, but I think this needs to be easily seen by Tom as well as being a public issue now)

I have tried to no avail to get a response from you to schedule the tune for my FiTRONIC kit that I purchased from you. You have said on your site and in emails that you're busy, but I think even still you should take the time to respond to customers like myself who have already paid you in full, not just for the kit, but the tunes as well.

Below is a brief history of events along with screenshots to the receipt, emails, pm, and text message.

July 1st 2016 - Sent payment for FiTRONIC Kit, Grimmspeed EBC, and tunes

July 13th 2016 - Inquired how long I should allow for lead time to schedule the tune so I could plan based around when I expected my engine to be ready

July 28th 2016 - Reached out to ask about tuning potentially August 5th

August 9th 2016 - Still had not heard anything from you, asked what I could do to expedite the process

August 11th 2016 - Again, suggested new dates that I would be available.

August 15th 2016 - Now trying to contact you more frequently and via PM here on EvoM

August 16th 2016 - Sent you a text as well since your own site says to try that if there hasn't been a response

August 17th 2016 - Finally picked up the car to break in the engine. (This would have been done sooner if there was a confirmed tune date)

August 22nd - It has been 25 days since my first attempt to get scheduled for a tune and haven't even received a response. At this point I'm not even sure I'd want to get tuned by you as the lack of communication is a serious concern if I were to ever have issues post tune.

Now I think there are a few options on how to resolve this and I'd like us to settle on one of them:

1. We get the tune scheduled and you let me know the fastest ways to get support after if needed.

2. You refund me for the tuning portion and tell the tuner of my choice how to setup the FiTRONIC in my car

3. I send everything back and you give me a full refund.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
If I paid 1k and never heard from someone within a month... Im showing up with a baseball bat. Im sure he was just busy with the shootout, etc but still, that is no excuse to "forget" to email someone. It takes maybe 2 mins to do.

All the more reason to learn how to tune yourself.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerrally45
If I paid 1k and never heard from someone within a month... Im showing up with a baseball bat. Im sure he was just busy with the shootout, etc but still, that is no excuse to "forget" to email someone. It takes maybe 2 mins to do.

All the more reason to learn how to tune yourself.
I likely would have used a local tuner, however the FiTRONIC kits are currently only done through English Racing or TSComp.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
That is the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the fitronic kit yet from Tom.
Worried I'd be stuck in the same situation. I also have a bunch of customers who would love to have the same kit. Please let us know how the kit is once she is all tuned.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I too am having this issue with Tom. I do think he does good work. But at some point you have to realize you can't be a one man show.
A simple response to email is all some folks need.
I got tuned by tom initially and now need a retune and I seriously have to start considering contacting English Racing for a remote tune.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by seven10
I likely would have used a local tuner, however the FiTRONIC kits are currently only done through English Racing or TSComp.
I know your money is tied up but I would definitely think about English Racing.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetLethal
Agreed. They're actually pretty reachable. Seem to see a lot of things on here about TScomp being hard to get a hold of.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let me put my 2 cents in this... Fitronic = very good idea and system especially when we have crap 91 and stations that guarantees up to e70. I got the fitronic with Tom and am still working on my 91 and blend tune. Im still trying to get my tank to be true 91 before scheduling for another tuning session. But in reality nothing gets done the way you want, and when you want. Tom is a great guy and tuner. It is tough to get ahold of him which is a draw back but when i needed anything or when there was issues with my car he was there for me and supported me with next day parts and rescheduled based on when i wanted to or what dates that was blank on his calender. He waited for hours so i can drive out the rest of my tank of 91 and e85. I know he is doing what he can to help me out when i need it and that's why to me the time waiting for him was worth the outcome because he knows his stuff on these cars. But again that's my 2 cents.

You tried to get scheduled without knowing exactly when your car is ready. Now you got your car back and kind of broken in and want a tune. No tuner will get you a tune in a day or 2. You might be lucky to get a tune in a week but you need to let him get back to you now that you got your car ready. Just because you are ready doesnt mean he is ready to fit you in. Goodluck and i hope you can get this worked out.
The following users liked this post:
tscompusa (Aug 22, 2016)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stefenboy
Let me put my 2 cents in this... Fitronic = very good idea and system especially when we have crap 91 and stations that guarantees up to e70. I got the fitronic with Tom and am still working on my 91 and blend tune. Im still trying to get my tank to be true 91 before scheduling for another tuning session. But in reality nothing gets done the way you want, and when you want. Tom is a great guy and tuner. It is tough to get ahold of him which is a draw back but when i needed anything or when there was issues with my car he was there for me and supported me with next day parts and rescheduled based on when i wanted to or what dates that was blank on his calender. He waited for hours so i can drive out the rest of my tank of 91 and e85. I know he is doing what he can to help me out when i need it and that's why to me the time waiting for him was worth the outcome because he knows his stuff on these cars. But again that's my 2 cents.

You tried to get scheduled without knowing exactly when your car is ready. Now you got your car back and kind of broken in and want a tune. No tuner will get you a tune in a day or 2. You might be lucky to get a tune in a week but you need to let him get back to you now that you got your car ready. Just because you are ready doesnt mean he is ready to fit you in. Goodluck and i hope you can get this worked out.
I would have been ready by August 5th if he would have confirmed. Since he continued to not respond I kept updating the shop and let them take more time getting the car done.

When I requested my second group of dates I still left him 2 weeks from the date I made the request to when I wanted to have it done.

The issue it not that I'm not tuned yet, what is unacceptable are the total lack of responses. I'm all well and good if someone I do business with is able to do that, then at least I know what the timeline is.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by StreetLethal
I should have, though I guess I was under the impression from other posts here that they didn't do remote tunes.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sub'd
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
FYI Boosted Tuning is also a vendor for the Fitronic System and do remote tunes. I hope you can get a hold of Tom and get this resolved though.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...flex-fuel.html
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by seven10
I should have, though I guess I was under the impression from other posts here that they didn't do remote tunes.
Judging from the threads on here I'm sure Tom will get back to you and you guys will get it resolved. I understand your frustration though totally!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Sorry I'll respond.

Let me give a very stern warning also to others. Not just anyone can tune the FiTronic good. If you go elsewhere and it performs poorly its not the software's fault.

I've seen people uninstall and sell it due to tuning issues that are not the softwares fault, but tuning related.

One thing I can say with confidence, You wont have any issues with the tuning side of it with me. I work with something until I can make it to the customers spec.

I will send a follow up email now. I should probably invest in a email secretary at this time, Since we get so many inquires regarding stuff its hard for me to handle it all, And I'm the only one that does emails at this time.

Tom
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
One thing I can say with confidence, You wont have any issues with the tuning side of it with me. I work with something until I can make it to the customers spec.
Thank you, this is what I would like to get done. I got your email and responded as well.

Just to re-state here I wasn't going to have someone else attempt to tune the car without guidance from TSComp or other FiTRONIC provider, that also wasn't my first option for resolution.

Quick Reply: Paging TSComp