Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Boostin Performance Review {thumbup}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 07:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boostin Performance Review

Just wanted to share my latest experience with Boostin Performance.

It's been a little over a week since I got my 2006 Evo back from Boostin, and they have certainly wowed me this go around. They have really grown and matured a lot in the past 3 years since I had been there last. I was a bit hesitant to go back this go around, as my first experience, while not bad, had still left me a bit worried that the I would again not be completely satisfied with the end result of the tune. Boy, I was wrong, and I'm glad I was! It really speaks wonders for their workmanship and their tuning, as both are spot on now.

I had replaced my crappy RC1000 injectors with some FIC 1100 injectors and dialed them in to the best of my ability at home, which immediately solved my hot-start and rough idle issues I'd been experiencing for a few years. I was delighted, but still felt the car really should be retuned to match the new injectors and make sure everything was safe. I figured while the tune was being worked on, I might as well do something that I'd always wanted to do with the car - install camshafts!

I had made an appointment with Boostin to do the cam install. I went with GSC S2 cams, they installed the recommended springs/retainers as well. Cisco was in contact with me throughout the entire process, and called frequently to recommend or keep me updated. I ended up having them install ARP headstuds as well, since they were already in there, and while they were at it, convert the car over to speed density, which was supposed to originally include replacing the upper intercooler pipe, installing a Tial BOV, and a small battery kit. They didn't have the battery kit in, so instead they installed their SD intake, an Omni 4-bar map sensor, and vented my stock BPV to atmosphere.

I was told it would take roughly 3 days to do the work, and it took exactly that. I dropped my car off first thing Monday morning, and picked it up Wednesday after work. Car started right up, idled smooth, AFR's are great, and the speed density conversion is awesome!! The car has never driven this smooth before - ever! No more weird bucking under slight boost on the highway in 5th gear, no more choppy idle (even with the cams), no drivability issues (except for a *slight* amount of the Speed Density jitter around 2,500 mark).

All in all, the car is a completely different machine than when I brought it in. In fact, I didn't even really get on it on the way home, and it was almost a week before I did do a 2nd and 3rd gear pull and was instantly wow'ed by the gain across the entire power band - it really pulls hard up top now.

Thanks Boostin! I told myself I'd be done modding my car after this, but now you've got me wanting to toss a bigger turbo there! She sounds incredible and drives silky smooth! I couldn't be happier! I'm glad I went with you guys, and I'm very happy to see how much your shop has grown and matured over the past 3 years. I'll def be back when I'm ready for that turbo upgrade!

Last edited by acid7711; Sep 26, 2016 at 09:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Boostin Perform (Sep 26, 2016)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your car!! We love to hear the feedback!
When you are ready for more power, let us know!