Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My Experience with Moore Automotive

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Experience with Moore Automotive

I have a 2012 MR with the MHI-18K turbo and supporting mods and wanted to get my car setup for Flex Fuel as around my area the closest gas station with E85 is around 30mins away. I also wanted my first full SST service (with SSP stainless filter) and also all the other serviceable fluids changed.

I called Moore and told them what I wanted and they suggested their Flex Fuel package that included the ID1300 injectors, DW300 pump and the I chose to go for the Innovate Flex Fuel gauge and sensor. I put down a deposit for the parts and booked my date (earliest 2 weeks away).

This was a 2 day job, so I made the 2hr drive up on Wednesday morning and found a good, but cheap hotel only 1mile from Moore. I arrived around 11:30am and was greeted by Paul and owner Bill. They told me that I was welcome to hang out at the shop, however I was super tired as I'd been working all night so Bill kindly gave me a ride to the hotel and I called it a night.

The next morning I gave Moore a call around 11am and Bill said he'd kindly come and pick me up. I arrived at the shop to see most of the parts in my car and Chris Hoover getting my V3 map setup. One thing I was pleasantly surprised about was they allowed me to freely walk around the shop and check on my car while it was being worked on. They also happily put up with me asking questions every few minutes .

Around midday Bill's Wife asked me if I wanted lunch so they picked up some lunch for me however refused to take any money when I offered it, again so very nice of them! After lunch the car was ready to start the full day of tuning. I get nervous when my Evo is on the dyno so I was lurking around and watching as Chris started the first few pulls. Bill's wife then came out and offered me a chair right next to the dyno so I could watch what was going on, again very thankful for that!

Chris started on the 93 tune and once he was happy with that he then emptied the tank and did the E85 tune. After that he then did tunes in increments of 10% adding in the 93 as he went. I was nervous the whole time, however he answered all of my questions quite happily.

The dyno tuning took pretty much 6hrs and by the time Chris was finished it was way past closing time, however I'd also booked an alignment so they stayed in total over 2hrs after the shop had closed and got everything finished up.

The 2hr drive home was amazing. My car pulls like a freight train and feels great cruising around town and having the map auto switch based on E85 is amazing!

I've been to 3 'major Evo X shops' in the past and overall this was the best experience I'd had. The customer service was top notch and they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Did I mention I left some of my old parts at the shop and Bill is shipping them to me, again no charge.

I can't thank the guys at Moore Automotive enough and I'll definitely be going back for the SST upgrades and MOORE POWER.

Last edited by CudaCores; Oct 26, 2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 07:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Businesses with that type of customer service will do nothing but thrive! Great write up!! It was pretty cool to read your positive experience
Old Nov 16, 2016, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
I've worked with Moore in the past on a few cars and they are very professional and friendly.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 03:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
I'm In NoVA and have been wondering how they are. Thanks for the review.