Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Drew WRX: Accessport vs. XEDE

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finnrex
Just to let you know, it ain't the AP's fault. Yeah that car was using the AP, but I've seen an EcuTek tuned motor wave bye bye too. It ain't the tuner, if anything it'd be the motor blowing due to oil starvation.

Mika(Subaru tech)
And your point was?
Old May 7, 2005, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Drews_WRX
And your point was?
He was trying to clarify that the engine did not 'grenade' because of the AP. There are way too many factors that contribute to knock to attribute it to the AP alone.
Old May 7, 2005, 05:47 PM

The guy who blew his motor with the AP road racing went to the track after not having changed his oil for 3,000 miles. There's a general consensus that oil starvation, not the AP, killed his motor.
Old May 7, 2005, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Drews_WRX
And your point was?

Wow, you're a real genius. I mean, wow. I tried to make it pretty simple by saying that it wasn't the AP's fault that the engine grenaded. It was most likely caused by oil starvation. I thought I made that pretty clear.

Open your eyes, or get your head out of Shiv's @$$.

Edit: Here's one right back atcha... . Make it two, 'cuz you deserve it...

Mika
Old May 7, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, you're a real genius. I mean, wow. I tried to make it pretty simple by saying that it wasn't the AP's fault that the engine grenaded. It was most likely caused by oil starvation. I thought I made that pretty clear.

Open your eyes, or get your head out of Shiv's @$$.

Edit: Here's one right back atcha... . Make it two, 'cuz you deserve it...

Mika

Go back to nasioc please.

Shiv
Old May 7, 2005, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Borti
This really doesn't prove a ton, as there are plenty of people out there (on Nasioc, and other Subaru forums) that dyno large gains from stock vs. Cobb Stage 1. This is 1 instance (one car with AP), and should be taken with a grain of salt (as Cobb is a direct competitor of Vishnu.)

On another note, is this XEDE a custom tune, or off the shelf map?

Good numbers out of the XEDE nonetheless.
the Harman Dyno day last june (04), check out the posts on www.awjunkies.com

NONE of the Cobb guys were happy. the highest ones were putting out a whole whopping 5hp more than stock. some where lower!
Old May 7, 2005, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Go back to nasioc please.

Shiv

Stick to bagging your competition.

Mika
Old May 7, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Stick to bagging your competition.
Mika
Stick to defending ECU reflashes that make less power than stock? Reality sucks. I'm sorry to bring it to your attention.
Old May 7, 2005, 11:27 PM

I'll leave it at this. It's really hard to swallow that an aftermarket form of engine management will yield less power than a stock ecu'd vehicle with same mods. Not saying that it didn't happen, but it's really hard to swallow.

Borti and sachin understood it pretty well. Some of you folks didn't. My first post was to reply from the jabroni that said that AP caused the motor to grenade. It didn't. It was oil starvation due to either 1. lack of oil or 2. oil that lost its viscosity. It wasn't the AP's fault.

Oh, and flashes that make less power than stock. I made 273 hp/293 ft.-lb. on a mustang dyno with my STi. Whereas a stock STi makes roughly 255-260 hp/tq. Yup, I lost power. Sure did. Did I make as much power as I could have? No. But I am happy with it.

Mika
Old May 7, 2005, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, and flashes that make less power than stock. I made 273 hp/293 ft.-lb. on a mustang dyno with my STi. Whereas a stock STi makes roughly 255-260 hp/tq. Yup, I lost power. Sure did. Did I make as much power as I could have? No. But I am happy with it.

Mika
I dont supposed you dyno'd at FIS, did you?

shiv
Old May 7, 2005, 11:31 PM

I dont supposed you dyno'd at FIS, did you?

shiv

Yeah, I did. Why?

Mika
Old May 8, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mika
wow that dyno reads really high for being a mustang dyno. but yea every local cobb flash i've seen hasn't made good power on the dyno and most were knocking.
Old May 8, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I did. Why?
Mika
Because after I reflashed an STi there a couple of months ago, the dyno operator said that he's never seen those kind of results before with the Cobb stuff. IIRC, the STi I tuned made close to 310whp on pump gas. With just an exhaust and reflash. 300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact.

Shiv
Old May 8, 2005, 12:16 PM

Because after I reflashed an STi there a couple of months ago, the dyno operator said that he's never seen those kind of results before with the Cobb stuff. IIRC, the STi I tuned made close to 310whp on pump gas. With just an exhaust and reflash. 300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact.

Shiv
A guy with a STi, turboback and an AP flashed to stage 2 made 298 hp/308 ft.-lb. torque. That's with the 93 octane. Did you tune the STi yourself(w/ 310 hp on pump), or was this an off-the-shelf map?

I got 273 hp/293 ft.-lb. with just a flash. Stock exhaust, stock everything. Shell premium gas(before V power was).

Shiv, I don't doubt your tuning abilities. If I came across as such, I'll man up and apologize. But think about this for a minute here. Do you really expect to see folks with certain mods make less power than with a stock ecu? I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but something like that definitely raised eyebrows.

It certainly didn't help that someone said that an AP'd car blew up while racing. If you say stuff like that(not you, but in general), you better put all the facts out there. The fact that he omitted that the guy who's engine blew up was due for an oil change kinda makes his credibility questionable. I just said that I've seen an EcuTek car blow up too(engine grenaded big time), and I get the rolleyes. I guess it's hard to keep an open mind on some situations.

Danavon, we got 93 octane here. I guess the Cali 91 is more or less the pisswater that you guys say it is(eye opening to me).

Mika
Old May 8, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact.

Shiv
straight from the horses mouth

Quick Reply: Drew WRX: Accessport vs. XEDE