Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Aquamist VS Snow Performance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aquamist VS Snow Performance

ok im not trying to make this a compatition but i just want some insight, just looking for some EDUCATED oppinions. I want to get a met kit and i think i have narrowed it down to the New Aquamist HSF-5 w/DDS3V8 failsafe or the Snow Performace Stage 2 w/safe injection + low level indicator. I am open to suggestion and trying to educated myself. Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

+1...i'd also like to add in the Perrin kit, looks like a great kit but almost twice as much as most kits
Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yoyo6999
ok im not trying to make this a compatition but i just want some insight, just looking for some EDUCATED oppinions. I want to get a met kit and i think i have narrowed it down to the New Aquamist HSF-5 w/DDS3V8 failsafe or the Snow Performace Stage 2 w/safe injection + low level indicator. I am open to suggestion and trying to educated myself. Thanks
funny how you ask for educated responses, yet you have spelling errors in your posts...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
funny how you ask for educated responses, yet you have spelling errors in your posts...
never said you had to be a good speller just want you to know a lot about meth kits thanks
Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

to me, the 2 most important criteria when looking at a injection kit is :

- a failsafe that will be able to keep your motor safe under all faults:no flow, low flow or too high a flow

- response time. the stock turbo is extremely fast spooling and you'll need a system that will be able to keep up!

26psi@3200rpm.......

Old Feb 8, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
The aquamist kit will be superior in many ways. far more acurate at getting a perfect A/F ratio. Plus no alky overrun or lag times, just perfect atomization all the time.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:10 PM

I would add that the the Snow Kit with a variable controller, safe injection and the proper nozzle size is hard to beat. Regardless of having the MAF or MAP setup, both setups work fine and you can not go wrong. If you have questions, send me or Ultimate CC a PM.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
Account Disabled

For the evo the stage2d is one of the smoothest kits out because it goes off both maf voltage (hz) and map (boost)...it feels like the car is on race gas, the way a car properly tuned for meth should be...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SlowCar
to me, the 2 most important criteria when looking at a injection kit is :

- a failsafe that will be able to keep your motor safe under all faults:no flow, low flow or too high a flow

- response time. the stock turbo is extremely fast spooling and you'll need a system that will be able to keep up!

26psi@3200rpm.......

good points and I believe both kits do these vary well, honestly both kits are great and there are subtle differences...my snow stage2 keeps up with my 36psi @2700 rpm while I am spraying nitrous, methanol and nitromethane...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

36 psi on what turbo? I thought you were still on the stocker? Or are you spraying enough to get that much extra boost out of it?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KartaRailed
36 psi on what turbo? I thought you were still on the stocker? Or are you spraying enough to get that much extra boost out of it?
nitrous and some other tricks allow stupid amount of boost out of stocker (I run the tme) but at the drag strip I have never seen more than 28psi...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Another point in selecting a kit is the customer/technical service that comes with it, so far no one has impressed me more than Richard@aquamist. They have been around for 20 years, they know a thing or 2 about how to put together a well engineered injection kit that will work as designed

He will even help out if you are not his customer!

Last edited by SlowCar; Feb 8, 2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:47 PM
Account Disabled

Another point in selecting a kit is the customer/technical service that comes with it, so far no one has impressed me more than Richard@aquamist. They have been around for 20 years, they have to know a thing or 2 about how to put together a well engineered injection kit that will realy do what it is designed for

He will even help out if you are not his customer!
There are others that do the same, I have spent countless late nights here in NY helping customers in CA install their kit the night before a dyno day for example...I think the point is that both kits are great...I am in no way as knowledgeable as Richard about alcohol injection but I certainly have a wealth of knowledge and know my snow kits like the back of my hand...much of what I learned initially from Richard...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
There are others that do the same, I have spent countless late nights here in NY helping customers in CA install their kit the night before a dyno day for example...I think the point is that both kits are great...I am in no way as knowledgeable as Richard about alcohol injection but I certainly have a wealth of knowledge and know my snow kits like the back of my hand...much of what I learned initially from Richard...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

Richard FTW ahahaha...

Quick Reply: Aquamist VS Snow Performance