Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)

Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)

I finally got this kit done!!! This is my second Evo and second Aquamist system. First I had the system 1s (very basic and straight forward) I just installed the system 2d. I’m going to give links and pics and as much info as possible so bare with me…

2006 Evo 9 RS (white)

Mods-
JIC header
AP dp and catback
Apexi air filter and turbo timer
Hallman MBC
Ebay hardpipe kit (works great!)
AP lower motor mount shifter bushings and short shifter.
Flash back to stock by Mitch
Aquamist system 2d, 24-25 psi, and no tune as of now.

After much decision making I decided to go with the 2d kit inspired by my good friend Abner aka Slowcar. When I got this kit I didn’t want to do a halfway job. As most of you know the RS do not have ABS so there is extra space at the fire wall, and I utilized the space for the pump, FiA2 and relay.

Also the RS does not come with a rear windshield wiper or pump so I used the spot on the water tank for a windshield pump as a priming pump.(note if you use a priming pump on an aquamist system you will need a pulse extender made by aquamist)

Most this installation is straight forward and easy but when it comes time to do the injector much care and time is needed. Note stock evo injectors are low impedance and have resisters in the wire. Make sure the red wire is connected to the ecu NOT the injector itself. The green wire can be connected to the injector (orange wire on cylinder 1)

To test the system simply pull off one of the wires off the boost switch and that acts as full boost activating the system. The green l.e.d on the FiA2 should pulse with the injector when the car is running and the red l.e.d should pulse when activated. Also don’t worry when installing the pump if it comes on, just make sure the water pressure switch is installed as well as the HSV (high speed valve) The pump will activate to build pressure then shut off… NEVER run this pump dry!

After installation I went for a test run and was amazed at the smooth delivery of this kit not to mention the better power I felt… I’m running a windshield fluid (50/50) for the ease of tuning and 1$ a gallon is a hard price to beat. This kit is amazing because it delivers water smoothly and consistently just like your factory injectors not to mention Aquamist customer service is unbeatable.

I was trying to figure out why the system would not come on, After PM’ing Richard at Aquamist for about 2 hours he called me… and continued to call and help until I fixed the problem… He spent from 2:30 pm until 7:00 pm on the phone with me. That’s AZ time that means from 9:30 pm until 2:00 am UK time!!!! Now that’s customer service!!!

Abner also was on the phone with me for a week helping and giving ideas and was the overall inspiration for this project! I hope my write up will save many from these problems that I had. If you have any doubts about this system don’t! Cause there is no replacement for the best! Good Luck!!!

Next on the list
O2 housing
Forged wastegate
A Good Tune
Full suspension.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/ (forum)

THANKS AGAIN RICHARD AND ABNER!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)-1.jpg   Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)-2.jpg   Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)-5.jpg   Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)-7.jpg   Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)-9.jpg  

Last edited by esevo; Feb 13, 2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
booooooooooo I hate you NOW hahah.... j/k Looking good tell me when you come down to get tuned or w/e, wanna ride in that thing woot woot Good job.

Brian
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

How is this setup different from the Aquamist group buy that was posted a while back? The HFS-5 w/ DDS8v3 or something like that?? Also, what UICP is that on your car? Who sells it? Thanks

Last edited by cij911; Feb 13, 2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks! I hope all is well with the RS Brian...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cij911
How is this setup different from the Aquamist group buy that was posted a while back? The HPS-5 or something like that?? Also, what UICP is that on your car? Who sells it? Thanks

HUH...? I have no clue, I have searched high and low for all this info I just want to help everyone else... As for the uicp I got all the IC pipe kit on ebay $100 shipped works great!!!! When it comes to ebay for pipes (test pipe and IC pipe) I have had good luck... But its no name brand sorry... note it was sold with no hoses or clamps.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Very neat install Evan!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowCar
Very neat install Evan!
Thanks Abner!!!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Very neat install Evan!
hey man did you see my PM.....
Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cij911
hey man did you see my PM.....
oops sorri abt that, i'll work on it now
Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by esevo
Thanks Abner!!!
Abner FTW!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Yo Manny!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Richard / Abner -- What is the difference between this kit and the HFS5 + DDS (or whatever it is called ?) ? The pumps look different and it does not appear that this kit has the failsafe. Am I missing something? Which kit is better? Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Chris, the difference between the 2 system is the pump.

HFS-5 - a 150watt diaphgram pump custom built by shurflo to aquamist specs
Evan's system - aquamist's design piston magnetic pump.

You can easily add a DDS3 failsafe onto the Evan's system to make a 2D/DDS3 combo. I had this combo on my evo viii, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=173854

The both system do EXACTLY the same thing, it will accurately maintain a ~1:1 fuel to injection ratio at a CONSTANT line pressure - made possible by the HSV

The HFS-5, due to its ability to flow insane amount of injectant, is better for high powered applications.

Check these videos out if you havent, note the lightning speed reaction of the HSV:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...4&postcount=12
Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Chris, the difference between the 2 system is the pump.

HFS-5 - a 150watt diaphgram pump custom built by shurflo to aquamist specs
Evan's system - aquamist's design piston magnetic pump.

You can easily add a DDS3 failsafe onto the Evan's system to make a 2D/DDS3 combo. I had this combo on my evo viii, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=173854

The both system do EXACTLY the same thing, it will accurately maintain a ~1:1 fuel to injection ratio at a CONSTANT line pressure - made possible by the HSV

The HFS-5, due to its ability to flow insane amount of injectant, is better for high powered applications.

Check these videos out if you havent, note the lightning speed reaction of the HSV:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...4&postcount=12

Thanks Abner -- I have seen the videos. I thought the magnetic / piston pump was supposed to be the best? What is the cost difference between the two setups and why did Evan not get the failsafe? Thanks again for your help.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

How much does one of the kits cost?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evo 9 RS Aquamist 2d (pics)