Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide

Old Oct 25, 2007, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my install doc I mention that you can install the jets in the inlet or outlet of the IC. I think this is enough documentation for this location. The install process for installing the jets where you installed them is the same process as where I showed.

Drill, tap, install adapter, install jet.

I don't think it would make it any easier for the users to show more than one location.

By the way, looks like you did a nice job on that install. Got any more pics?
Old Oct 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

I got more pics, they will come.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Pics of the custom aluminum bracket I made to fit over the WWF container.
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-bracket-dynamat.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-custom-bracket-1.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-custom-bracket-2.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-custom-bracket-3.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-custom-bracket-4.jpg  

Old Oct 26, 2007, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Two more
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-custom-bracket-5.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-custom-bracket-6.jpg  
Old Oct 26, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

That looks really nice, I love how tiny the race pump is. You can make some really cool setups with such a small size pump.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Just got back from holidays, and was going to post the rest of the pics.
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-controller-1.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-controller-2.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-controller-3.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-controller-4-install.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-controller-5.jpg  

Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Some more on the gauges.
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-controller-6.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-controller-7-adapter.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-gauge-1.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-gauge-2.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-gauge-3.jpg  

Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Now for the hook-ups.
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-1.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-2-injector.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-2.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-3.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-4.jpg  

Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Rest of the hook-ups.
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-5.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-6.jpg   My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide-hook-ups-7.jpg  
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Pump location is very ingenious -really nice. Not many people go to that much trouble in detail.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
Pump location is very ingenious -really nice. Not many people go to that much trouble in detail.
Only took a measly 13 hrs for the install.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

looks good!!
Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
helpful guide but I'm confused, I looked at the layout in the pdf and in the guide that comes with the kit... both show a thin blue and red wire coming out of the relay and a green and yellow wire coming out of the float swtich, those 4 wires meet up in some shrink tube that's wrapped around them and the power and ground wire. The problem is that the drawings show the thin red, blue, green and yellow wires coming out of the shrink tube to the DDS3 box to connect to the p. relay + and - and the float switch and ground.

my wires go into the shrink tube but don't come out...what's the deal? I only have 3 wires coming out of my shrink tube, the battery power and ground and the fused power wire that goes to the pump.

help!

p.s. I'm not sure if I did the tank fittings for the float and supply plugs right, the guide needs to mention exactly how to do it. There's a couple of pics that come with each baggie but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I did something but I suspect it's wrong because I was guessing.

frankly I'm disappointed in this kit, so many pieces should have been assembled from the factory because it leaves way too many ways to screw it up to an amateur.

I highly suggest selling tanks with the float/supply already installed, the pump fully assembled, fuse in the fuse holder, relay in the socket etc... I mean cmon, for 1k it should come with fantastic documentation with pictures (NOT DRAWINGS) and everything that can be, pre-assembled. The lack of assembly and documentation is probably fine for someone that is familiar with your kits but it's a real deal breaker for me. I have some local friends that are looking to me for help installing theirs once I'm done with mine and I'm going to tell them not only no, but hell no.

- A very frustrated Mellon

Last edited by Mellon Racing; Nov 18, 2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:34 PM
Account Disabled

pics of my problem, I have no blue, red, green, yellow thin wires coming out of the shrink wrap to go to the DDS3 box.

Old Nov 18, 2007, 08:05 PM
Account Disabled

the end of the coiled up (pictured) wire is cut flat and I just happened to walk up to it from another angle and see the yellow/green/blue/red wires bundled up in there, pfft and here I thought that was a big thick ground wire. I guess if I would have cut open the shrink tube it would have been obvious that the skinny wires were going into that black tube and saved myself tons of time staring at drawings.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide