Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 08:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i do offer a preassembled kit for this exact reason and because it comes with over 100 dollars in extra parts over what dynoflash sells the kit for (not to mention the time i put in to assembling the kits), thats why i am asking a little more for the kit, and if you paid 1000 for your kit, you missed out cause thats what i'm selling my preassembled kits for (although price can vary because i totally customize it to your vehicle)

i had no problem doing the install but i knew amatuers would be overwhelmed. thats why i went the extra mile to make it easy for everyone. the tanks i sell with my kits come with the fitting installed, and even leak tested. all the problems your having were addressed in my kit... you can still send me your stuff and i can assemble it for you if you want...

but to address you problems, installing the fittings isn't to bad, simply drill the hole, insert fitting, and tighten the nut down. don't over tighten. i get them right by starting to soft. fill it with water, when it leaks i tighten it up little by little until it doesnt leak anymore.

next, you don't need to worry about any of the wires at the relay. the big black wound wire with the red power wire is really a 4 pin insulated wire...(thats why the wires disappear in the heatshrink...) if you look at the end of the black one, you will see 4 wires inside it. that is what connects to the junction box.

hope that helps. and for all of those who have HFS-5 kits, opened the box and said hell nah!, PM me and i can make your life WAAAAY easier.

Originally Posted by Mellon
helpful guide but I'm confused, I looked at the layout in the pdf and in the guide that comes with the kit... both show a thin blue and red wire coming out of the relay and a green and yellow wire coming out of the float swtich, those 4 wires meet up in some shrink tube that's wrapped around them and the power and ground wire. The problem is that the drawings show the thin red, blue, green and yellow wires coming out of the shrink tube to the DDS3 box to connect to the p. relay + and - and the float switch and ground.

my wires go into the shrink tube but don't come out...what's the deal? I only have 3 wires coming out of my shrink tube, the battery power and ground and the fused power wire that goes to the pump.

help!

p.s. I'm not sure if I did the tank fittings for the float and supply plugs right, the guide needs to mention exactly how to do it. There's a couple of pics that come with each baggie but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I did something but I suspect it's wrong because I was guessing.

frankly I'm disappointed in this kit, so many pieces should have been assembled from the factory because it leaves way too many ways to screw it up to an amateur.

I highly suggest selling tanks with the float/supply already installed, the pump fully assembled, fuse in the fuse holder, relay in the socket etc... I mean cmon, for 1k it should come with fantastic documentation with pictures (NOT DRAWINGS) and everything that can be, pre-assembled. The lack of assembly and documentation is probably fine for someone that is familiar with your kits but it's a real deal breaker for me. I have some local friends that are looking to me for help installing theirs once I'm done with mine and I'm going to tell them not only no, but hell no.

- A very frustrated Mellon
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

I was confused a bit by the 4 wires bundled together as well. Took a few minutes to figure out too.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

F.Y.I. critique of the systems (feedback) will lead to improvements trust me on this, Aquamist is learning from user install feedback all the time.

Keep it coming but do not get disappointed when you stumble with something, once the system gets hooked up the effort pays off in spades and more.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KevinD
i do offer a preassembled kit for this exact reason and because it comes with over 100 dollars in extra parts over what dynoflash sells the kit for (not to mention the time i put in to assembling the kits), thats why i am asking a little more for the kit, and if you paid 1000 for your kit, you missed out cause thats what i'm selling my preassembled kits for (although price can vary because i totally customize it to your vehicle)

i had no problem doing the install but i knew amatuers would be overwhelmed. thats why i went the extra mile to make it easy for everyone. the tanks i sell with my kits come with the fitting installed, and even leak tested. all the problems your having were addressed in my kit... you can still send me your stuff and i can assemble it for you if you want...

but to address you problems, installing the fittings isn't to bad, simply drill the hole, insert fitting, and tighten the nut down. don't over tighten. i get them right by starting to soft. fill it with water, when it leaks i tighten it up little by little until it doesnt leak anymore.

next, you don't need to worry about any of the wires at the relay. the big black wound wire with the red power wire is really a 4 pin insulated wire...(thats why the wires disappear in the heatshrink...) if you look at the end of the black one, you will see 4 wires inside it. that is what connects to the junction box.

hope that helps. and for all of those who have HFS-5 kits, opened the box and said hell nah!, PM me and i can make your life WAAAAY easier.
Kevin, believe me I'm kicking myself for not buying it from you, but I didn't know you were doing this option until I already placed my order with Dynoflash. I would have gladly paid a little extra for your services. To his credit Al did offer to answer any questions I had after making the sale but it was Sunday and I didn't want to bother him plus I figured someone on the forum could benefit from my mistakes. I'm not too proud to demonstrate what a n00b I am at the Aquamist kits
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by aqmist
F.Y.I. critique of the systems (feedback) will lead to improvements trust me on this, Aquamist is learning from user install feedback all the time.

Keep it coming but do not get disappointed when you stumble with something, once the system gets hooked up the effort pays off in spades and more.
that was my thinking...I started and erased the thread a few times and finally decided it's for the best. 1) your customers will know before hand what they are going to be up against. 2) Aquamist might learn from this and reconsider taking the time to pre-assemble their kits.

When you open that box for the first time and see 50 individually packaged pieces the first words out of your mouth are "oh ****" haha definitely not the first impression you want your customers to have is it?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:03 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by littlebluegt
I was confused a bit by the 4 wires bundled together as well. Took a few minutes to figure out too.
no doubt, I feel like such a dummy now but it's comforting to know I wasn't alone in thinking it was a big black wire
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:34 AM
Former Sponsor

I am taking every comment as positive advice - especially a criticism... very vital information.

I chatted to all our distributors to ask their advice for improvement on all aspect of the product from time to time.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

I have updated the guide to include some new information about HSV placement and a couple other small things.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

I really think your HFS-5 install guide is invaluable for the HFS-5 equipped EVO community.

It should be a sticky. It may deemed unjust by non-aquamist users. But so far, I have not seem any contributions come close in details and clarity for others WAI systems.

Keep up the good work... irrespective of sticky or not.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mellon
that was my thinking...I started and erased the thread a few times and finally decided it's for the best. 1) your customers will know before hand what they are going to be up against. 2) Aquamist might learn from this and reconsider taking the time to pre-assemble their kits.

When you open that box for the first time and see 50 individually packaged pieces the first words out of your mouth are "oh ****" haha definitely not the first impression you want your customers to have is it?
I like to correct one thing on your comments, it has 53 individual items not 50

Happy holidays
Old Nov 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Richard L
I like to correct one thing on your comments, it has 53 individual items not 50

Happy holidays
awwwwl I was so close
Old Nov 22, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
I really think your HFS-5 install guide is invaluable for the HFS-5 equipped EVO community.

It should be a sticky. It may deemed unjust by non-aquamist users. But so far, I have not seem any contributions come close in details and clarity for others WAI systems.

Keep up the good work... irrespective of sticky or not.
Thanks Richard. I appreciate the feedback.

I don't know how I go about getting something to be a sticky but I will try and talk to the forum moderators.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

YEA!!! we are now sticky.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor

The installation instruction is very good for the HFS-5. I donlt know enough on the EVO.

Thanks again, it is good piece of work you have done. It make life so simple for all the HFS-5 user. Good reference document.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 09:40 AM

this is a great DIY!

goodjob dudical!!

Quick Reply: My Aquamist HFS-5 Install Guide