Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Water Injection Setups

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thought I would bump up this old thread of mine to get some new pics from peoples setups. Hopefully help give people ideas on the setup they might want. I am still rocking the same HFS-3 and tank! No leaks or issues.

Lets see them!

Aquamist and Howerton Engineering FTW!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a couple pics mine

Old May 7, 2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by 05blue8
3 - 6 quart tanks is my old, 1 4 gallon is my new c

I loomed all the wires so it's a little neater now also

I love both setups. how long would the 3 -6qt tanks last? I really like that setup. and I'm assuming youre using the aquamist setup
Old May 29, 2012, 08:51 AM

Here's a Picture of my setup. I have the 1 gallon tank in trunk and the pump is in the engine bay by the mini battery. Im not running meth no more im gonna have it spray in the intercooler.
Attached Thumbnails Water Injection Setups-evomr008-2-.jpg  
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by HREEvo
Here's a Picture of my setup. I have the 1 gallon tank in trunk and the pump is in the engine bay by the mini battery. Im not running meth no more im gonna have it spray in the intercooler.
Nice install! Clean Bay too
Old Mar 2, 2013, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mt057
Ok so I have had my tank in for almost a year now and am just now getting around to getting a photobucket account because I am tired of attachment lol.

The new FC has been nothing but awesome. It is extremely easy to fill up and seems to last forever. One of my favorite features are the baffles inside of it. When my tank is low and I come to a stop the fluid low light will slowly come on then slowly go back off. Now, I do not ever get the quick pulsing on off on off anymore. Which I used to see all the time when my tank made it to about 1/3 full. I can make to about an 1/8th tank, before I notice it and it comes on/off slow and smooth. Basically the methanol is not sloshing around in the tank anymore. I love my fuel cell from Howerton Engineering and HFS-3.

Please excuse the black smudgeing. My kido helped my with that one...

How much did that FC set you back?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

I can not find my old invoice, but I believe that it was around $400. Contacting Jeff at Howerton Engineering is the best bet. He makes that style to order. I have been kicking around sending it back in to have the neck replaced with a stainless steel neck option with screw on cap. I decided to try out the black hatch instead at the time, but have always loved the look of stainless.

The thing that I love the most about the kit is the baffle. It helps out a ton with sloshing of fluid. My failsafe used to kick on, once the boost hit if my fluid level was low, going up a hill, or taking a corner too aggressively. Now I can drive it normally to virtually the very end of the tank if I wish. I also like that I can easily see all of the pump. Just in case it developed a leak around the fittings.

It also has a check valve in the vent line to prevent leakage upon vehicle roll over.

I did take the top off of the pump and put some rtv sealant around the edge. I also put a little rtv on the threads of the fittings go into the pump. I did this because I always run 100% meth and with my HFS-1and I had developed a leak over time. Applying the rtv fixed the leak on my HFS-1 and it never happened again. I have never had a leak with my HFS-3. Although I believe that the pump uses new seals (vs. old model) and should not need any extra sealing. I am just paranoid.

Here is a link to some of his off the shelf tanks (still awesome though)...http://howertonengineering.com/produ...neering-tanks/

This shows some of what I am talking regarding fluid sloshing in the tank...

Last edited by mt057; Mar 2, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks. Do you think it's worth getting the optional fan for track days/HPDE's?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

That tank sure does look cool but, what is the dry weight of it?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilTechnology
Thanks. Do you think it's worth getting the optional fan for track days/HPDE's?
I would think that it would be worth the extra insurance to keep the pump cool. It is also not that much for the upgrade. Though, you could possibly mount a fan yourself. Although it might be worth simply having it done already.

Originally Posted by gear head
That tank sure does look cool but, what is the dry weight of it?
lol, I did not measure the dry weight of the tank. I think that it is a few pounds, but that is a guess from when I installed it a few years ago. For those who are worried about every last oz and pound, then simply running race gas or E85 would be a better solution. That way you would not have to worry about the extra fuel cell weight (dry or full).

Having a simply bare tank would also weigh less, obviously.

I like it for the added protection, baffles, and a vent with a check valve.

Last edited by mt057; Mar 2, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

I'm really liking that set-up man. Did Jeff supply it with the mount for the pump as well? If you don't mind me asking, can I get your name(PM me if you want) so I can ask Jeff for a quote for a set-up just like that?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilTechnology
I'm really liking that set-up man. Did Jeff supply it with the mount for the pump as well? If you don't mind me asking, can I get your name(PM me if you want) so I can ask Jeff for a quote for a set-up just like that?
Yes the whole thing came together. It has mounts for the pump in two different places. He has a good website. Some of the stuff he has done for other cars is sick. He can make tanks to fit specific areas. There is one I saw on his website that fits into a cars spare wheel area. I think that it was for a BMW. He offers the full Aquamist line and can create a solution for any platform, from full custom to off the shelf parts.

I will shoot you a pm.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mt057
lol, I did not measure the dry weight of the tank. I think that it is a few pounds, but that is a guess from when I installed it a few years ago. For those who are worried about every last oz and pound, then simply running race gas or E85 would be a better solution. That way you would not have to worry about the extra fuel cell weight (dry or full).

Having a simply bare tank would also weigh less, obviously.

I like it for the added protection, baffles, and a vent with a check valve.
Haha, I wasn't putting it down in any way, just curious that's all.

But, yes I believe that since it's an additional fuel system every pound you can shave off counts..that's why I have stuck to a simple 1 gallon tank.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:42 PM

great work!! nice set up!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 05:45 AM

beautiful setup!

Quick Reply: Water Injection Setups