Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Pros and Cons of E85 & WMI

Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Pros and Cons of E85 & WMI

Well there has been some of talk about E85 vs. WMI so I thought we should have a place to get it out in a civilized manner...

I personally prefer WMI injection over E85 for my application. I have to drive alot. So for me to have to fill up my tank anymore or have to go to specific gas stations for gas would be a pain in the but. I do have it in the area but don't feel like hunting it out constantly. I understand map switching is availble but this would require draining my tank or running it near dry both of which to me sound inconvient at best. With WMI I can simply use my map switch at any time to change my tune and then turn off the WMI or vice versa. There is no need to run my gas tank low, etc. I only use WMI when I want to the rest of the time I just run off the pump gas. It is important to have good failsafes when running auxilary fuel injection though.

Both E85 and WMI offer great power gains over simply running pump gas.

E85 is cheap to purchase and makes great power. It is great for people who have a ready supply. It is able to work with the stock fuel components with some basic upgrades to the fuel system, where WMI requires a auxilary pump, jets, trigger, failsafe, etc. So this makes it far simplier to prepare the car to use and less componets (variables).

I think that both are great fuels it is just which one suits your preference and application.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 02:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with you. Wmi user community is often very peaceful people. They don't interfere with e85 users, in fact wmi can be used as a minor role on induction air cooling on e85 as the CAI does.

More major role allows user to switch fuel when e85 station is onwhere to be found in an unfamiliar area. This means the power potential of an tuned engine is retained at all time.

Last edited by Richard L; Sep 17, 2010 at 02:05 PM.