Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Snow Meth Kit for Evo 9s

Old May 30, 2015, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow Meth Kit for Evo 9s

So I just bought an Evo 9 and it is running the full snow meth kit. I am getting it retuned in a couple weeks and my tuner said that they are no good. Basically he said cylinder 3 and 4 don't get enough meth equally and slowly go bad. Anyone have experience with the snow kit on their 9? Or have any advice as to keep running it or pull it?
Old May 31, 2015, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Then switch it to pure water. Tune it as a safety feature instead of it being added fuel.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 08:50 AM

My tuner stands by these kits. It is all in how you use them. You shouldnt really run 100% meth by having this be injected in right before the throttle body because like your tuner said it can be thin in a couple of cylinders. A better flow intake exhaust can be better for it but you wont have the true potential of the system.

The best way if you want to run 100% meth is to have them directly injected into each cylinder like the fuel injectors. It cost more money but you have the reliability that each cylinder get equal amount of meth injection. Running 100% meth is dangerous too since flash point is much lower than gasoline. A tiny leak can be catastrophic if it catches on fire.

The way most street users use this system is that you use a mixture of water meth. The whole premise around this is that the water cools down the cylinders which in turn decreases detonation. From what is usually best for street that reliably work is a mixture of 1/4 or 1/2 meth water ratio. This is where you are not relying on the meth to totally make power but you'l be able to advance the engine more safely.

Running 100% water too can be beneficial. You can still be able to advance timing and see some HP/TQ gain. You should also see engine temps lower than usual too.

Unless you are building a full out race car I would suggest having the mixed ratio. As such you would not have to drill into you intake manifold and spend more money on the meth injectors too.

If properly set up you should have no problems. The key is to know the limits of the system you are using.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 09:00 AM

The thread link will show you more about what water meth kit can do. Good read.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/wa...res-101-a.html
Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Learned a good bit from reading that link
Old Dec 7, 2015, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
All those people pro water mixing are just using shoddy parts and old technology. Get a knock failsafe and run 100% meth for max power.