Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Body shop for Evo X in Bay area?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Body shop for Evo X in Bay area?

Yeah, I got into a minor accident in the parking lot today with my blue evo x.

I am with AAA and wanted to do things in network, but from the few I called they are all not Mitsubishi certified, while a few seems to have worked on a few evos before.

Because I got hit in the rear right (rear driver's side) of the bumper, and I am told that is where possibly the AYC pump sits at, I want to have an auto body shop that can at least know there may be an issue so I can get that looked at by either a dealer or some where else.

Anyone have any idea on where that could be? Even ones not with AAA if needed? Or is there won't be too much of a difference, as long as I just get it inspected myself afterwards anyways by a dealer or by a mechanic?

Anyone got any idea? I have never gotten into an accident before, so this is kind of new to me and I am trying to find out as much info as I could before doing anything.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in the Bay Area are you looking? I was in the business (painter) for 10 yrs. I'm not in the trade anymore, but I still know some good Shops in the SJ area. BTW they don't have to be Mitsubishi Certified to do a good job. I've seen dealerships have bad color matching. You really want to go off people's recommendations. Any good shop will also make great repairs, you can even mention what your concerns are so they can check it out. I'm super picky with my body and paint work, so I'd only recommend the best IMO.