Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS Ride Springs installed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We usually recommend at least having the alignment checked after a couple weeks of driving. Getting the EVO back within factory spec isn't difficult and most alignment shops should be able to take care of it. A custom alignment may require a visit elsewhere.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Does anyone have a good straight side shot with tires pointed straight on these springs? I just don't know if the .9 front is going to be enough for me and I don't think that the 1.2 front drop will hinder performance too much, but I'd rather stick with the recommended .9 if the look is there. Thanks.
Keep in mind I don't track or auto-X. Just mainly cruising fast on twisties.
Maybe WORKS can post pics of both .9 and 1.2 when the right EVO's come in to their shop.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

do you need to get the Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment kit to make these perform better than stock bilsteins on the street?

What would be the ultimate 'street' setup for bumpy / mountain roads - is there a way to improve the stock bilsteins or do you need to go with ohlins + softer springs? There are a ton of threads for track setups, but I just want my car to be faster on the street / mountain roads where it is used 99% of the time. Just to give a small example, as soon as I raise my tire pressures to above 34psi the front starts washing out (2f/1.5r chamber) and the car gets too bumpy for the kind of roads I like to drive in - unfortunately, alot of things that work on the track do not work on the street...

Last edited by Bosshog; Apr 30, 2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old May 1, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks to WORKS & IA PERFORMANCE

Got the WORKS Ride Springs installed today....it took about an hour & 1/2

I can't get over how the drop looks...way more dramatic than I expected...I didn't think it would make it look as low as it does...I can't imagine how low 1.2 would be.....So on that front I am stoked!!!

Overall impressions from the last hours drive is that in normal driving the ride is not compromised at all....in fact I think it feels better

I haven't yet taken to the twisties or hard 90 degree stuff but I am definitely pleased!

Thanks also to IA PERFORMANCE in Tucson for the install!!
Old May 4, 2007, 09:45 PM

I'll have to add my $0.02 to this thread:

I have the WORKS stage I suspension (Ride springs and rear sway bar). On top of this, I've installed their rear strut bar with frame brace and the RS trunk bar.

My IX MR is a radically different machine now. Cornering is so much flatter that it truly feels like a different car altogether - in a good way. My commute to work is 50 miles each way - I can choose to extend that to about 65, 30 of which take mountain-pass roads. With the stage I and frame stiffening, the drive is incredible. Corners that are marked recommended 35, I am hitting 70+mph post-apex. Before the springs and sway bar, I would top out at 60ish, possibly as high as 65, before the tires would start squealing. Now, the weight-transfer & settling are so quick and precise, my exit speeds are significantly higher.

I really couldn't be more pleased with the setup.

The one downer of stiffening up the back so much is that you actually notice the twisting of the unibody when you load up on corners. I'm guessing that the croxx plate or some other front chassis stiffening product will address that.

For those of you who've become used to the MR-super-smooth daily driver experience, you will definitely notice more road feedback, not all of which is welcome. Like a poster above stated, the "float" is gone, but so is the compliance that I had gotten used to over the past 15.5k miles. This is definitely not a deal breaker in my book - the increased cornering prowess is more than enough compensation for a slightly less-compliant ride.

If you're considering the springs, also be aware that if you have the zero-lift kit with the front airdam, you will be scraping on just about everything. I can't imagine how the coil-over/super low spring guys actually make it around town.

The springs/SS-I plus some bushings and roll-center adjustment bits will satisfy demanding HPDE's, non-competitive autocross, and hard (7/10ths) mountain driving. I know it'll keep me happy until my evo becomes a dedicated track car.

Big thanks go to John and Oliver at WORKS for fitting me in!

-Chris N.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have pictures other than the one posted on page one?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

why dosnt anybody from works reply to this?

Fail.