Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Dress Up Parts Review

Old Oct 19, 2005, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2004Ralli//art
Looks good but doesn't really fit. It sits up about 1/4 in. higher than the body, the rubber stoppers didn't fit. Had to use electrical tape around a couple screw holders for the license plate frame. But looks good though besides the fact that it sits high,which causes it to leak when it rains or i was the car. Not too much water, but enough to soak 1/4 of the carpet.
I give it a 5/10
Just curious, but did you try to instll the trunk yourself? If so, do you know how to do body work? We have sold a lot of these trunks with no problems, even fitted here at our shop and fit was perfect. If adjusted and fitted correctly it will fit perfectly, guaranteed!!!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

does that mean you DO have to do body work? thats means it wouldnt fit pefectly.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I want one of those Trunks but am curious if you need anything else for the plate to mount. My trunk is chipping, fading and not covered under warranty . A CF trunk would solve those problems very easily
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by drucea
does that mean you DO have to do body work? thats means it wouldnt fit pefectly.
I meant the overall fit is perfect, not like some parts you see(VIS) that are impossible to fix due to being warped or impropperly molded. All it takes is a little adjustment(preferably with 2 people) to adjust the latches, adjust the bump stops, and possibly file out the holes for accessory mounting pieces a little. If you have no experience with this I recommend a professional to install because they will have experience installing hoods and trunks. But overall if you have some basic tools and knowledge of aftermarket parts you can get a perfect fit with this trunk, no real body work(molding, filling) is required.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

ok that sounds good, I just thought you meant like modifying the CF trunk, but yeah i understand with the stoppers and all that. thanks, I will be waiting on that GB though
Old Oct 20, 2005, 02:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Cerious CF hood

Beautiful hood just a lit smaller than stock,holes for sprayer needed to be drilled out just a tad more.No holes to put the brackets back on for the hose that goes to your sprayers.There was no holes to put your factory foam on either,But for the price awesome upgrade.
8/10
Old Mar 17, 2006, 03:30 AM
Evolved Member

Accolade Evo 8 spoiler

I dont know if it's the company that should take the blame or the people I've spoke to.

First off, the sales division of Accolade is almost disturbing. Inquired for a CF evo 8 spoiler, got quoted, made the payment, sent the confirmation email, ONLY to get an email back saying they quoted the wrong spoiler and do not produce the CF evo 8 spoiler no more. The company had about a week and a half to go over the email while we were constantly IN TOUCH. Disturbing. Then after everything was confirmed, it took forever to get a shipping number, or better yet, it took them forever to just have it shipped out! 3-4 days of emails not returned about whether they even have my payment, inquired about my status, just asking my status with a polite manner, but no dice no response. Had to talk to [email protected] on these forums to get it figured out. Why is it so hard to figure out the status of my transaction? Only up here is the minimal help I've received from the shipping department.

Sales Service Division: 1/5

So I got my product finally, FRP Evo 8 spoiler. Looks good in the box. Go to my body shop, and things are downhill from there. The 3 piece didnt fit itself! What I mean is that the middle strip where it connects to the 2 side pieces doesnt even fit inside the creases made on the sides of the side piece. Is sanding the problem? Nope but when you make a spoiler, IT SHOULD AT LEAST FIT ITSELF. THen another problem, the side pieces ARE NOT FLAT on the trunk. THe bottom tips at the front of the side pieces flare upwards when put on to the trunk. I'm 100% sure that it's not supposed to do that. IN the previous emails of inquiry I had with Accolade, they told me I need to drill 1 hole on each side to make it fit. Uhhh, OK NONE of your predrilled holes line up with the ones made on my trunk, I have to drill fresh holes to just mount it properly.

Evo 8 Spoiler: 1.5/5 POORLY MADE.

Overall, I am not happy with Accolades product, I'm not vendor bashing, only expressing my experience with EVERYONE what I had to go through to get just the spoiler on. It's not the best way to do business when you tell your customers false information.

Overall Vendor/Product rating: 2.5/10

Last edited by k3lv; Mar 17, 2006 at 03:34 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Greddy counter weight shift knob.

This part looks really good. It is a direct fit. No fitment screws like cheaper knobs. the part number is for ralliarts is 14520561. If you don't plan on installing a short shifter this is a nice add on part.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Perrin 4" antenna

It looks a lot better. A lot less (as they say) like a remote control car witht eh 12" antenna. I have not lost radio reception but I live in an urban area and I listen to sirius more than free radio anyway.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Accolade mesh grills

Good fit the finish not so good. I noticed the paint on the mesh was not the best. After I put them on they chipped up after a day of driving. So I repainted the mesh and clearcoated it. Now there are no chips on them. for forty bucks they are still a much better deal than the dealer.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
S2000 Antenna

Looks 100% better than stock. Took it off my 350Z when I traded her in and went right on the Evo before I drove her off the lot. Looks like it should've been on there from the factory. 10/10
Old May 22, 2006, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Auto Glow LED underglows

I just took these off b/c one broke and i never really used them so it wasn't worth replacing.

These were great though 15 patterns and really bright. got them alot cheaper then a set of street glows and no one knew the difference.
Old May 24, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

My uncles hookin me up with some under glow, its not street glow though, its somewhat cheaper, but he said it was just as nice, if not nicer because the outside is like non-breakable. =D have some pics up soon. I also might be sellin some on here cheap to if anyones interested. Save taht for the private sales section though. PM me if u need hookups.
Old May 27, 2006, 06:39 PM

I picked up a "non smokers box insert" for my VR-X. Saw them on the Aussie Evo website, so I called the number on the site, they gave me the part number and I ordered it thru my local Mitsubishi Dealer.

Overall, I like the insert; it looks good, holds coins nicely and stops them from rattling.

I've also picked up some official peddles. They took about 10mins to install. Once again, I love the look of them.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Dress Up Parts Review-non-smoker-box.jpg   Dress Up Parts Review-peddles.jpg  
Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:15 AM

Unhappy Accolade Mesh Grill

From the experience I have had with Accolade so far, is quite a disturbing one. When I received my mesh grill, I couldn't wait to put it on. It was properly shipped and the contents inside were wrapped in bubble wrap.

So, sounds good right?

Wrong.
When I opened the box, and peeled back the bubble wrap, the housing that holds the mesh in, was scratched to hell and back. Even the mesh was somewhat scratched. The parts on the back that hold the mesh grill on were falling off.

The holes were big enough on the top to even hold it in place. And I also have a little bit of a fitment problem on the left side of the mitsu symbol.

(I will post pictures tonight)

Now, I didn't report anything to Accolade because I figured it would be a waste of time and money sending it back.

In my mind, why would I spend a couple hundred bucks to get a body kit that might not fit right, if I have so many problems with a small $50 grill.

2/10

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dress Up Parts Review

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.