Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Lanzerralliart's RALLIART

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wao...that's pretty crazy stuff right there...any expected HP gains????

could that setup work for turbo applications???

Last edited by manolo2011; Mar 30, 2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:39 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not really 100% on the hp gains from it but I'm heard estimates from 25whp up to 50whp from my n/a Honda friends I'm not to sure about the ladder, lol. None the less it will be much better than it was before .... And then once I tune it via PSI Tuning , the gains should be much more pronounced...

As for working for turbos I know the head would be a great addition as for the cam talk to Ken at Delta Camshafts , it might be fine but he might recommend a different profile for turbo.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
did you increase compression ratio? that might not be so good for turbo

i just wanna hear it...the gain is good too...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Mar 30, 2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 02:41 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Compression wasn't changed, but here are some more and better pictures. The car is going to the shop on thursday to install the p&p head, delta camshaft, new timing belts/ pulleys, new accessory belt,and a thicker intake manifold thermal gasket

Old Apr 4, 2011, 04:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
purdy...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:34 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Update ****

Ok so I drove to my shop guy that I've known for about ten years, that is about 2 hours from where I live, that's no big deal. I drop off the car at 6:30 am Thursday , and I called him later that afternoon to see how everything was coming, only to hear him say "your car's not here" , I waited a second expecting him to laugh joking with me but it didn't come. I thought that it was stolen right then. I then asked if he moved and he said yea I have a piece of paper on the door..... His shop has 3 big bays and a single door. With a big sign with his company name on it the size of a car out front.....so I got my car back but my weekend sucked. I have to wait at least another week before I can have fun with my new head and cam,then drive down and do it again
Old Apr 8, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

You're lucky nothing else came out of that situation!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

head looks good man, did you just clean up the old valves? did you tear down the head yourself? if so is there anything i should be aware of during disassembly? i'm trying to keep headaches to a minimum...thanks
I think i'm going to try lapping mine myself, and just get the head resurfaced, i'm not even sure i'll port it, i just want it running again...

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I waited a second expecting him to laugh joking with me but it didn't come.
lol, you must have been ****ting bricks at that point...glad everything is ok...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Apr 11, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Ya I probably would have passed out and smashed my head on the coffee table on the way down lol
Old Apr 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
head looks good man, did you just clean up the old valves? did you tear down the head yourself? if so is there anything i should be aware of during disassembly? i'm trying to keep headaches to a minimum...thanks
I think i'm going to try lapping mine myself, and just get the head resurfaced, i'm not even sure i'll port it, i just want it running again...

lol, you must have been ****ting bricks at that point...glad everything is ok...
I took out the rockers and the cam to sell it, but the rest of the dissassembly was done by my machine shop, all of the parts were cleaned and heat treated before reassembly. You could get the valve guides replaced with bronze ones since your in there. Just be careful to not take to much off of the inside when porting and polishing , your wanting to increase flow and bigger isn't always better. My machine guy was calculating the sizes before ,during, and after for best flow.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

too bad you weren't selling valves

thanks for the info...i've taken a head down before, but this thing looks intricate...took me like 20 mins to figure out how to get that thing out that sits on top of number 9 head bolt...looks like some kind of actuator, we figured it was something to do with MIVEC maybe?..top right looking at the front...i was scared to pull on it, tried looking it up in the manual, get fed up and pulled harder, lol...
Old May 11, 2011, 05:52 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I'm finally getting the work done guys!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! I'm excited as hell, here are a few pics pre-op , I removed the header heat sheild , the strut bar, the zaklee damper,and the plastic cover to help get the easy stuff out of the way for my mechanic.

I have a video of reving the 2-step but YouTube is being gay and it won't upload it from my iPhone for those that have seen my last video it's idential except I have the 22" magnaflow resonator now. I made this video as a before vid for the p&p head and delta cam.

Last edited by lanzerralliart; May 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old May 11, 2011, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

good stuff, i'm not any further along with mine, still waiting for parts...can't wait to see how yours turns out...wish you were up here, would love to go for a romantic cruise down the 1320...

Best of luck...
Old May 11, 2011, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
good stuff, i'm not any further along with mine, still waiting for parts...can't wait to see how yours turns out...wish you were up here, would love to go for a romantic cruise down the 1320...
Best of luck...
oh man...
Old May 12, 2011, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

what? lol

Quick Reply: Lanzerralliart's RALLIART