Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Lanzerralliart's RALLIART

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
So here's my clutchmasters stage 2 kit that I need installed like a diabetic needs insulin. I'm still searching for a local reputable person or shop.

that looks so nice. i bet my clutch is garbage compared to that. i don't even know if it's been replaced. i think i have a "STAGE ZERO" lmfao. i have ~240k km on my RA now but she still runs like a champ

i'm planning to keep her for the rest of my life. even if i get another car, i will never let her go. first up, trans rebuild. then somewhere down the road, engine rebuild. then somewhere WAYYY down, getting an EVO to compliment my RA

but again, first things first: MAINTENANCE & SERVICE
Old Apr 19, 2013, 07:36 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
nice...that's what i was going to get if i didn't get an ACT 2100 kit for $100

seriously dude...pull the transmission on jack stands, lol
Honestly I feel confident I could remove it, and tag/bag the bolts so I would know where to put them upon install. The things I'm doubting is first, I think my input shaft or some bearing inside is shot , or something else that I might not recognize as needing replacement. The last thing I want is to have to do it 2 or 3 times to get it all right Then I don't think I can install the trans solo, it has to be level and lined up perfect etc. Finally the bleeding process I can't do by myself.

As for a shop I just always picture them driving my car like a bat outta hell once the new clutch is in, possibly ruining it and later blaming me when I return saying its their fault. My car isn't the fastest or the nicest but it is mine and I love it like one of my kids.

Originally Posted by rzrxn
that looks so nice. i bet my clutch is garbage compared to that. i don't even know if it's been replaced. i think i have a "STAGE ZERO" lmfao. i have ~240k km on my RA now but she still runs like a champ

i'm planning to keep her for the rest of my life. even if i get another car, i will never let her go. first up, trans rebuild. then somewhere down the road, engine rebuild. then somewhere WAYYY down, getting an EVO to compliment my RA

but again, first things first: MAINTENANCE & SERVICE
Yeah I too plan on keeping my RA forever that's most of the reason why I picked the stage 2 Kevlar for its long life over oem, and the stocker lasted me 8+ years even with nitrous use. So I'm sure I can get another , dare I say 10 years from this one
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by rzrxn
where and how? $100 for an ACT clutch kit...that's a steal bro!
Same guy that sold me an unused Quaife LSD for $350...once in a lifetime i would imagine...the pressure plate surface was rusty, but only because the vacuum sealed package was ripped a bit, and was probably left in a garage/basement for some time...but it had never been out of the package...i had the machine shop buff it off, when i got the flywheel turned...

Honestly I feel confident I could remove it, and tag/bag the bolts so I would know where to put them upon install. The things I'm doubting is first, I think my input shaft or some bearing inside is shot , or something else that I might not recognize as needing replacement. The last thing I want is to have to do it 2 or 3 times to get it all right Then I don't think I can install the trans solo, it has to be level and lined up perfect etc. Finally the bleeding process I can't do by myself.
You doing the tranny too?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Only if I have to crans , I'm hoping I don't see anything that requires it. I get a really jerky feeling when I start off in first gear, I'm not sure if its trans or axle related. It only happens at 1st
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Only if I have to crans , I'm hoping I don't see anything that requires it. I get a really jerky feeling when I start off in first gear, I'm not sure if its trans or axle related. It only happens at 1st
that could be your clutch...what's your mileage again?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:24 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

69k with oil changes at every 30k with bg2
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

how often were you put'n the boost to her? might not be a bad idea to overhaul the tranny...
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:16 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I haven't sprayed it in years probably last when then the mileage was in the 45k range.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

i would just hate to see an input shaft bearing or something act up a few thousand miles down the road...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I've been surprisingly nice to her for quite a while , it's probably because of the city speed limit being 30mph and cops pulling people over and giving tickets for going 5 over
Old May 10, 2013, 08:00 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

2006RA here's what I installed on the galant , the ebc red stuff pads and EBC oem replacement rotors. The extra set of red stuff pads is for the ralliart (my 3rd set for the ralliart) but the ralliart has the ss brakelines and ultimax rotors The redstuff pads are great , I fell in love with them years ago, when you want to stop they grab so hard they force the abs to kick in. It's a balance thing , they are working great on the galant, I honestly haven't slammed on them in the galant as I haven't needed to. It's much better to have an not need than need and not have

Old Sep 28, 2013, 05:53 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Ok so a small update , I finally installed the clutchmasters stage 2 kit. It's nice really smooth engagement and much softer than the stock one even. That's the good news.

The bad news is its still making a rattling noise coming from the trans, I think it's a bearing around the input shaft or something to that nature. It drives much better than before the clutch kit install but still not 100% I'm thinking about swapping out the final drive to one from the older mirages since a trans rebuild looks to be in my future.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Lanzer, that's a tough one to swallow having to pull the trans twice.

If it's any consolation, the 2 IPS bearings are not expensive, but the labour sure will be.
I looked into buying a used gearbox to rebuild, but up here they are too expensive to be worth it.

Good luck.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Ouch.. that sucks...

Wasn't it the Mirage LS that has the better final drive? Back when I was thinking about swapping my car to manual I was going to build the tranny with that same final drive, and one of those phantom grip LSDs or a cheap Quaiffe if I could find one. But that plan is on the back burner for now. LOL

Good luck getting this sorted out. Im interested to see what you think of the Mirage gear if you end up swapping it.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

i told you i would rebuild your tranny for you when i was in charleston

time for an overhaul buddy...find yourself a hydraulic press, a bearing separator, and a some decent sized snap ring pliers...if all your synchros are good, just bearings is easy...you don't even have to disassemble the shafts...

Quick Reply: Lanzerralliart's RALLIART