Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Fill in the license plate area or no?
Fill it in!
52.00%
Don't fill it in!
48.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Extreme Dimensions needs your 04-06 Ralliart!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good point!!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:51 AM

Go to this link. I post my pic in there. You can see a really big different between the OEM one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6821519...n/photostream/
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:30 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I see the difference but cutting, sanding , and how you attach it is normal work for aftermarket bodykits. It will very rarely ever fit like oem but I think it can be fit pretty well. My hood and front bumper are from ED , some fab work was required for them also, but nothing drastic. The material that they use is pretty flexible. Did the front bumper line up better?

Do you have any pics of the entire car, and or a little history on it ?? I'm always interested in seeing yellow lancers.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cashfang
Go to this link. I post my pic in there. You can see a really big different between the OEM one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6821519...n/photostream/

Whoa, I can see the reason for complaint. I'm certainly glad I didn't buy that part. I would have had to graft it to the top part of the OEM bumper, which I was aware of anyways (Sportback has a wider trunk opening area). However, the "diffuser" section does not look like it has any stability, and would look like crap (warped, etc).

I will reserve my ultimate judgement until I see the install completely finished, until then I'm not too keen on the look.

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Oct 1, 2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

holy bejesus... that looks horribly off.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
it's not that far off, from the pics, it looks like there is a beveled corner instead of what should be a shrp angled corner, where the rear quarter panel meets the bumper at the tail light assembly...never expect an OEM fit...that's why they call it customizing, lol.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

too much work for me...lol i can handle mechanical, but steer clear of bodywork. it makes me nervous.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i went thro the same crap with the accolade kit.. being i have a 03 lancer, we do share the same issue in common, the fitment.... it will bolt right in where the oem was but was it exact , no.. no kit will ever be..
even using the oem brackets from my old bumper i still had to make adj after the fact. the areas below the tail lights had gaps like a ****.. and the bumper had almost no meat in some areas where u had to mount it to the car....

so i had to use some bondo glass to fillin the gaps and then smooth it out.. now it looks alot better than before... if u wanna see a examp of what i went thro send me a pm and ill show u

roblaza i can understand your point, were like exact opp im more comf doing body work than mechan work....

Last edited by OZR_Lancer; Oct 1, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

i had a similar gap like this, what i did to fix it was build it up with bondoglass then sand it down smooth. its ok if u cover the mounting holes in the process u can always drill it out

how much room did thy give u to mount it? ie top part of that part of the bumper, was their enough?

Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
i had a similar gap like this, what i did to fix it was build it up with bondoglass then sand it down smooth. its ok if u cover the mounting holes in the process u can always drill it out

how much room did thy give u to mount it? ie top part of that part of the bumper, was their enough?

Do this get your bumper where it needs to be purchase a filler from a body shop not bondo something that is meant to bond metal to plastic then bondo over it and finish it off blend all that in to the body and done with the ****ty fitment issue. Paint it and your done my dad is a body man and iv'e seen this done on alot of cars getting body kits modified to the vehicle.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AMSOIL-LANCER
Do this get your bumper where it needs to be purchase a filler from a body shop. not bondo something that is meant to bond metal to plastic then bondo over it and finish it off blend all that in to the body and done with the ****ty fitment issue.
Paint it and your done my dad is a body man and iv'e seen this done on alot of cars getting body kits modified to the vehicle.
cant under stand the elemtry writing here...

no need to buy the filler from the shop .. you can buy the same filler the body shops use at pepboys/autozone etc, s---- the same. and pay less

metal to plastic? derp i fixed mine like that and for close to 2 years and not a single crack at all .... i built up mine with a gap like that with bondoglass [ contains short strands of fiber ] then i sanded it smooth and shaped it like the oem was... that worked perfectly. once u sand it down and paint it u cant tell the diff period.
the only time i used the bondoglass product is on my bumpers the other gold premium bondo body filler, i used on my roof to fix a dent and it worked out perfectly

if i took my rear bumper to the shop localy thy all would of done the same thing i did to mine.. i know cause i asked them and thy said the same thing

Last edited by OZR_Lancer; Oct 1, 2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
cant under stand the elemtry writing here...

no need to buy the filler from the shop .. you can buy the same filler the body shops use at pepboys/autozone etc, s---- the same. and pay less

metal to plastic? derp i fixed mine like that and for close to 2 years and not a single crack at all .... i built up mine with a gap like that with bondoglass [ contains short strands of fiber ] then i sanded it smooth and shaped it like the oem was... that worked perfectly. once u sand it down and paint it u cant tell the diff period.
the only time i used the bondoglass product is on my bumpers the other gold premium bondo body filler, i used on my roof to fix a dent and it worked out perfectly

if i took my rear bumper to the shop localy thy all would of done the same thing i did to mine.. i know cause i asked them and thy said the same thing
No need to be rude i wasn't rude with your post i was just giving my 2 cents!!!!!!!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:57 AM

BTW theres not much room between the bumper with the rear. I crack mind when i try to put it on..
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cashfang
BTW theres not much room between the bumper with the rear. I crack mind when i try to put it on..
I crack mind when I hit the pipe.

So you're saying there are many fitment issues? I am disappointed, I was excited for this product.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:17 PM

also a let down. been waiting awhile for this