Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My review of Extreme Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My review of Extreme Dimensions

As per my "Choose my bumper" thread i went ahead and ordered the evo 8 front bumper from Extreme Dimensions. My only question about the bumper was if i used my factory brackets or do they provide some. He said i would have to use my own. Ok,no biggie. I had to use my factory brackets for my Accolade bumper so it was not a surprise.
The bumper was delivered in about a week to my body man.(pretty fast shipping imo). I went over to the shop and dropped off my Accolade bumper to have the brackets switched. About two days later i get a call from my body man saying that it was sprayed but there was a problem with the brackets. Well i show up about a day later to take a look. Well first off they painted it the wrong color lol. Then he goes to show me that he cant attach the brackets. It didnt sink in untill i went out and inspected the bumper. Here is a pic of the bumper. Where i am pointing is where a lip should be to attach a factory bracket to mount.

This is a pic of my Accolade bumper. Notice there is a lip to rivet the bracket to.

Since there was not a spot to mount the bracket i was forced with a decision. I could mount it by the four points provided or i could have him fabricate a lip around the whole bumper to mount the bracket to. I really only had enough money budgeted to switch the brackets and spray it,not to finance a fabrication project. I opted to just have him mount it at the points provided. I was really uneasy about this because the only mounting spots were at the fender well an on top under the hood through the fiberglass. I have to say that this angered me because i specifically asked about the brackets. Granted i was told i have to use my own but i was not told i would have to fabricate the whole bumper to make it work. There is NO possible way to use your metal factory brackets on their bumpers unless your body man fabricates a lip to attach it. Now without the brackets installed this created fitment issues. Since the bracket could not wrap around and bolt to the body the part where it curves. This created an issue pictured here.

Notice the bumper sticks out now where it curves. There is no bracket to shape it correctly.
The only other issue that i seen was the way they shaped the top beside the headlight. They curve it in an up which creates a little hole which i am sticking my finger in here.

It ended up looking like this on my car.

Overall the bumper looks decent besides the issues i stated. The material is top notch. Prices are VERY decent. I was able to bend and shape this stuff any way i wanted to. Customer service was decent. I was given instant reply's to my questions and the process went somewhat smoothly. (Be prepared to send a pic of your license and CC.). He was quick to start the refund process until i told him i had already painted it.(Which is no fault of theirs) I just wish customer service was a little bit more knowledgeable about their products because the bracket thing really irked me..

If you want to use your factory brackets then be prepared to pay some money to your body man. If you are comfortable not using the metal brackets to mount it to your car then i say go for it.

My personal overall experience 6/10

Last edited by GearDownSon; Jul 1, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:27 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So your going to replace that one with the evo 9 ? Your 1st statement kinda confused me. It looks pretty good overall, do you like it better than your last one?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
So your going to replace that one with the evo 9 ? Your 1st statement kinda confused me. It looks pretty good overall, do you like it better than your last one?
Opps,that was a typo.
Good catch. I had switched it out with this front bumper.

I do like the bumper because it sits a little higher and it seems a lot more durable. I have animal issues where i live an i couldn't stop finding things laying in the road. I also don't like how it lines up with my side skirts an rear. The only uneasiness i have is the fact its not mounted with metal to my car. If something hits this its going to fall off.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the evo 8 bumper still looks good minus the few issues I'm installing my accolade evo 8 bumper in a week or 2 - waiting to see what fitment issues come about on that...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by blaire
the evo 8 bumper still looks good minus the few issues I'm installing my accolade evo 8 bumper in a week or 2 - waiting to see what fitment issues come about on that...
I have no complaints about Accolades fitment. I just didnt like the material they used. Im sure it will fit your car well.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Geardown, how long have you had your car boosted?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

2 years ish?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GearDownSon
I have no complaints about Accolades fitment. I just didnt like the material they used.
i agree with that.. the mats acco used seemed like dogg poo... i hope thee ed kit will be better

nice bumper btw
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I was fine with Acco side skirts an rear bumper. The front is what got me. The material was just too stiff. It could not take any kind of impact at all without cracking.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Ya my acco bumper feels like it will crack if i flex it. Its been sitting for about 1 yr in my garage and i know it has 1 crack already just from being moved around. I couldn't image how it would shatter if it smacked a curb even lightly...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

From a distance its hard to notice the issues u have with the bumper. Overall I like it, and the issue with extreme's customer service would make me more irritated than you seem to be lol.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:31 PM

I like it! Very aggressive looking. How much did it cost you?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:05 PM

woaw. Do you think an Evo 5 Kit comes without the brackets also :O ? -_-
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I wouldn't expect brackets with any of them...