Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)

Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scene of the accident

So these where pics of the scene of the wreck.
Attached Thumbnails Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-scene-img_5006.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-scene-img_4917.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-scene-img_5005.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-scene-img_4997.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-scene-img_4941.jpg  

Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Assessing The Damage:
Ok So More of the Story here on out get everyone up to date. These are pictures from 2006 when the person I got my wrecked lancer from... Wrecked it lol.I had him and his dad send me pictures of this when I bought it cause this is a cool story. So Kid gets brand new car back in 2005, Mitsubishi Ralliart obviously we know these are rare only one around. Kids is going to college for engines and big rigs and such. So lots of car knowledge.
So he slaps on ---
RRM SRI v1
RRM Underdrive pulley
RRM DownPipe & High flow cat
Muff tip
Chrome Lancer Door Seems
RRm// Stickers
17'' Amp rims
Zex Smart Wet Nos kit(Which later looking he didn't have the Purge hooked up or the bottle warmer part set up either, not sure if he just didn't get to it before the wreck or not)
Also upon later finding I found ONE freaking CF eyelid not sure if the other one flew of at some time but I wish I had 2 lol. Anyway Right after the wreck in 2006 took pix of the car then it gets put into his storage never to see the light of day again.....
Attached Thumbnails Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_5019.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_5013.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_5012.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_5031.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_5025.jpg  

Last edited by kayouu; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Cleaning up
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

K so Step forward to 2010 I work at a car shop. I've been working for about 6yrs here, anyway im looking for a new car, new to me and ive always wanted a lancer. I knew about the different models, but didn't actually know that much.So obviously I did research. At the time knew quite a bit about the diff models and diff options they came with and such. So I had a Max of 3 grand to spend on my lancer craigslist here I come.

Searched for about 2 weeks I think maybe 3 looked at a few diff ones but they were wrecked $hit wrecked titles and such, gotta love craigslist lol. anyway, finally this really clean lancer pops on outta now where. Post is very vague asking 3400 Lancer 5spd with a number and one pic.... Seems odd.... So im inspecting the picture more and notice holy crap that a ralliart cause the rims and trimm and such and I'm trippin like no freaking way 2.4l!!! MIVEC!!! anyway I call the guy he's 2hrs away I ask him a few questions about it he wants to know if I'm interested so I talk him down to 3 grand on the phone. And I'm like damn whats gonna be wrong with the car only 3 grand it looked hella clean in the pic only one side pic guy says body is clean so I go look at it right when girl gets off to drive if I have to drive it back. Meet the guy at his apartments. Go walking to the car walk around the corner AND...

Sorry for no punctuation there lol anyway way tired the rest of the story and more pics to come.
Ill see if I can find that pic from his post too

Last edited by kayouu; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Cleaning up
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

wao...it's so sad to see those pictures...i'm in shock right now... :O
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Wait until you hear it all lol it's a great story all in all I think. Hey guys I'm looking for the TSB numbers for the manual trans input shaft issue can't find them. Had a long talk with my closest dealer service center and he's looking for them as well. ty in advance. I don't want this to happen to my new trans. my 04 had no recalls and my 05 had a recall on speed sensor for speedometer.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Go walking to the car walk around the corner AND...
Passenger door rear window is busted out and missing 2 rims on passenger side(found 1 rim in trunk so 3originals lol).
That's what I saw right off the bat, 'MI' plates on it so that makes me think snow and evil salt :s . Body was really clean. Goto drivers side some minor IMO paint issues, guy had a battery explode :O . Popped open the hood and as I expected lots of cancer. Checked oil looked good, inside engine under oil cap looked pretty clean too. Time to start it up. Sounded good upon starting. I find haha e-brake not working aswell. Interior was very clean. Inspected the running car no exhaust out the back and way loud, was to low and wet for me wanting to lay on the ground but obviously exhaust is broken or big hole in middle. Another minor detail for the price of 3000 so engine was at about 138ish.
Test run was great car felt so good to drive pulled great. So now to try to get him down more. Went thru how much it was gonna cost to fix everything, mind you I already talked him down from 3500 . The entire time I'm looking at this his phone is blowing up people wanting to come look at it. Almost got him to take 2800, but ifhis damn phone would of stopped ringing damn people wanting the same car lol. So he took 3000 and I drove it home. Car ran great had to drive it about an hour away. Once home got to look at it better so issues I found

Broken Rear Pass. Door Window 75$.
CANCER !BLEH!,
NEED Rims (lol) 200 w/ Tires,
Exhaust was broken right before bend (Temp fix),
Oil pan was way rusted and leaking - $80w/$10 shipping.

So all in all looking good after fixed those things. So after driving for a little while I was curious about the 'ralliart input shaft bearings issue TSB' so wanted to pick up low mileage engine to put in here since body is so perfect. I figured with all the cancer and the guy I got it from only had it for a short time didnt know much. I got ahold of some mitsu. shops around close to me and they were talking thousands in repair for something like that. so I was now on a search for parts car. Before I found this car I remember a lancer parts car post but no pic about 6mnths earlier looked and finally found the number still had the car so I set up a chance to come see it. Cruise up in the lancer and check it out pics following.
1st pic this isnt the pic that was in the post for my car but one I recreated to be similar to give you and Idea but I knew it had to have some issues for a price like that I love projects.
Attached Thumbnails Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-lancer.jpg  

Last edited by kayouu; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Cleaning up
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

So talking to the guy I learn more about the car he tells me about the upgrades and such he did on it but didnt remember to much cause it had been so many years. But I def. could tell he was getting excited reminiscing about it all.
So he tells me car wont start because inertia switch... No inertia switch as far as I know. He goes on to say that the firemen cut the power to the starter because it was flipped said they cut it from underneath... There is no power wires to the starter underneath... Odd. But he says honestly to this day doesn't exactly remember the whole wreck. So I meet with him we head to the storage of my lovely parts car I'm gutting out.

Looking nice so far lots of parts I see I can use. Look at the wire that goes to starter fine... turn to the right, lol it was cut neg. right at battery. I touch together the freaking lights come on. The guy trips cause he was thinking it was something more but never tried to start it after wreck. Engine showing 32k and change. I check drivers side make sure transmission didnt get hurt in the wreck but everything is looking good. now time to set a selling price.

After lots of talk we come to 1350 and I tow it to my garage where it rests until I get a chance to start. Few months later just as I expected starting to hear trans making noise glad I made the decision to get a backup so early. So anyway here we are with everything engine is out just have to get rest of dash off, carpet out, rear suspension, and brake stuff then chassis will be pulled out to get good pics of everything.
Attached Thumbnails Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_3344.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_3337.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_3341.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_3349.jpg  

Last edited by kayouu; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Cleaning up
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

So engine/trans Is out cleaning it all up and then gonna take everything to the shop to use the lift make life easier on us.
What we did was connect up the CPicker undid all the mounts, undid sub frame on bottom, lowered everything down to rest disconnected CPicker, Strapped up front of car lifted it up and slid engine out then lowered it all back down.
Attached Thumbnails Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-1300583893936.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-1300583953208.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-1300583878798.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-1300584153130.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-1300584161404.jpg  

Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Once again sorry didn't have the good camera for nice pics but these get the job done to give you an idea of everything
Attached Thumbnails Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_20110319_183420.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_20110319_183440.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_20110319_183453.jpg   Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)-img_20110319_183507.jpg  
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

great job bro...you work pretty fast...keep us posted...interesting thread...
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks manolo glad to see I have a follower lol. Getting everything done before summer gets here. Project was put on the back burner for a long time. Now things are rolling fast cause I wanna get this all said and done ASAP. That way I can start on other mods :P. After I get this chassis out of my garage large weight off of my shoulders. New pics after the break.

Last edited by kayouu; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

4-13-11/4-14-11 lol

So FINALLY got time and room in the shop to work YAY!
K so pulled in my good 'ol rusted RAlliart pulled off hood then front bumper off.Main reason with the bumper removal is because we had no lift available ATM, and we gotta get this thing done. I wanna see what it can do lol. Anyway so this is Tuesday night,
after body parts come off
we undid did all the wiring (except the negative battery one that wraps to the alternator I already left that on new engine so unneeded)
hoses
power steering pump
shift linkage
slave cyl.
--
next drained
transmission/Oil/and Coolant.
Jacked up car and put on stands.

next disconnected passenger hub pulled off where attached to strut and pushed to the side undid half shaft popped out axle with shaft attached removed from hub then slide it out by oil filter and set to the side.

next did same on drivers side but had to remove caliper for a little more room, popped axle out and set to the side.

next connected to the picker to support engine and had to remove drivers side mount top of trans,
removed A/C and alternator just to try and make things easy alternator wanted to grab on fan shroud when lowering it. and obviously a/c is in the way. Removed exhaust manifold, undid front exhaust hanger, and undid 1st exhaust sensor.
When pulling the grommet on it wire just came out not connected hmmmm... so thats why my service engine light is on hahaha. K so next I un did passenger side mount, rear mount, then front mount and dropped crossmember under engine. slowly dropped engine to the ground then lifted car higher slide out old and slide in the new dropped frame back down and reversed everything.

Also I replaced my slave cyl. cause I had the brand new one so might aswell lol and bled it all. OMG it was the longest night of my life no sleep lol. and I had to work at 8 lol. but I was fine I was running off love for my ralliart these cars are the ****. lol. Anyway took car for a test drive. everything seems fine so far need to recharge a/c, put front bumper back on. OMG this car only has the rrm underdrive pully and my rrm OG sri on it but o my it feels and sounds WAY beefier More info after the break

Last edited by kayouu; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Cleaning up
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

few things we ran into were mainly rust lol. But shift linkage bushings were stuck from being so old, partially broke too. After I put the Nos setup on I'm gonna do the solid mounts I will make them here soon put just gonna wait to install. the other Exhaust goes on tomorrow, can't wait I feel big benefits in my future lol. So I got an airbubble in my coolant BLAH!!! was right down from my shop thank god I ran there and flushed the system held great pressure and now running perfect temp.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
man skimming through your story and looking at the pics reminds me of when my car was garaged for like 4 months lol. but glad to see that you got the car up and running
Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

good to know you're gettin work done. I just want to say that its great you're documenting all this on here, but please split it into more paragraphs, extremely hard to read for me.

Good luckw ith everything

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kayouu's Silver Surfer (Update)