Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Lancer Ralliart 2006 to evo IX body kit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always leave it to Mexicans to do crazy conversions. But this one is beyond my expectations! Great work! It just makes me and eceryone that owns a legit Evo value what they have more. Great work! Can't wait to see it completed! Are
You guys going to do a 4g63 swap too?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
this is looking promising so far - nice work. you need to be very brave to do this - not many people would do this type of thing but it's coming along good from what i can see.

as others have recommended - take a look at the 4G63 DOHC head swap on the 4G69. i'm in the middle of the Outlander AWD swap now and will make sure to document the process and can help answer any questions. my goal is about 350 to 400hp as well.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:13 AM

Nice to see this amount of work being put into this chassis. Much respect for that. I cant imagine the amount of hours this takes. Could have probably had a real evo by now or brought a shell in lol. Still, respect for the hard work.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by darkknightsw20
Nice to see this amount of work being put into this chassis. Much respect for that. I cant imagine the amount of hours this takes. Could have probably had a real evo by now or brought a shell in lol. Still, respect for the hard work.
In his first page he states that Mexico only recieved 100 evo's. He was fortunate enough to own one but his friend did not. So they are converting his. And this thing is turning out very nice!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 07:56 PM

Loving your work so far. Can't wait to see how this turns out
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could have probably had a real evo by now or brought a shell in lol. Still, respect for the hard work.

thinking about it that wouldv'e been quite probably a good option...(provided it's legal i suppose..since IIRC the OP mentioned earlier it's illegal to import an evo for soem reason which i can't remember..)
i wonder if simply buying a body in white(aka bare shell) for an evo...and any other the necessary parts...and swapping the RA stuff to it making a kind of RA evo hybrid(sorta like now where it's more RA than evo...but more evo than RA since the base IS an evo)...then converting that into a evo...making it a kit car evo in a sence?

either way it's coming out quite nice...buen trabajo y buena suerte!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by nekkidlad
thinking about it that wouldv'e been quite probably a good option...(provided it's legal i suppose..since IIRC the OP mentioned earlier it's illegal to import an evo for soem reason which i can't remember..) i wonder if simply buying a body in white(aka bare shell) for an evo...and any other the necessary parts...and swapping the RA stuff to it making a kind of RA evo hybrid(sorta like now where it's more RA than evo...but more evo than RA since the base IS an evo)...then converting that into a evo...making it a kit car evo in a sence? either way it's coming out quite nice...buen trabajo y buena suerte!
it would still be considered an evo lol
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dookiedang
Always leave it to Mexicans to do crazy conversions. But this one is beyond my expectations! Great work! It just makes me and eceryone that owns a legit Evo value what they have more. Great work! Can't wait to see it completed! Are
You guys going to do a 4g63 swap too?
Thanks for the comments!!,
About the swap, we don't consider it for the moment, we want to get all
the possible power form the Ralliart's oem engine, but maybe in the future it could be an option why not
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doncarbone
this is looking promising so far - nice work. you need to be very brave to do this - not many people would do this type of thing but it's coming along good from what i can see.

as others have recommended - take a look at the 4G63 DOHC head swap on the 4G69. i'm in the middle of the Outlander AWD swap now and will make sure to document the process and can help answer any questions. my goal is about 350 to 400hp as well.
Thanks man!, I have read your work on your Lancer and is excellent!!!
Your work on the AWD swap will be very interesting, we will follow it for future references.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kevinlambchops
In his first page he states that Mexico only recieved 100 evo's. He was fortunate enough to own one but his friend did not. So they are converting his. And this thing is turning out very nice!

You are right, that's why my friend decided to start this complex work but it is going good, I can say that his Lancer will look more aggressive than my car but in acceleration no yet , I'm thinking in order a wide body kit for my car too
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RaCh3T8G
Loving your work so far. Can't wait to see how this turns out
Thanks man!, the body work will be done on this week, I hope so, then we will take pics for the completed job on the phase number 1
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nekkidlad
thinking about it that wouldv'e been quite probably a good option...(provided it's legal i suppose..since IIRC the OP mentioned earlier it's illegal to import an evo for soem reason which i can't remember..)
i wonder if simply buying a body in white(aka bare shell) for an evo...and any other the necessary parts...and swapping the RA stuff to it making a kind of RA evo hybrid(sorta like now where it's more RA than evo...but more evo than RA since the base IS an evo)...then converting that into a evo...making it a kit car evo in a sence?

either way it's coming out quite nice...buen trabajo y buena suerte!
The problem is that we cannot import a car that was not made in USA or Canada,
we can buy an EVO in USA and then drive it in Mexico using an special paper but only for 6 months, then after that time the car will be ilegal , but the day
that Mitsubishi decides to build the EVO in USA, we will be very happy , while
here the Eclipse guys are importing 06 generation from USA.

We know that this car never will be a real Evo, it will looks like one and maybe it will run like one too, but for my friend is ok.

Thanks for the comment!!! Gracias por desearnos buena suerte!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

how are you going to paint this when you are done? what color do you think?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Could have probably had a real evo by now or brought a shell in lol.
Why do we always get this predictable comment?

Just amazing work. Love following this thread.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo2809
we can buy an EVO in USA and then drive it in Mexico using an special paper but only for 6 months, then after that time the car will be ilegal
but i wonder if you went to a mitsubishi dealer and buy just the empty shell..

like this...but for an evo...
then build from there

but i suppose technically it's still not built in the usa/canada i guess....

Quick Reply: Lancer Ralliart 2006 to evo IX body kit