Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

"Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart

Old Aug 8, 2014, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HAPPY BDAY!

IMO...the evo wing looks good in pictures...but IRL it looks a bit big...
i like the OE one best...it's big enough to look functional, small enough to flow with the rest of the car's lines, not small enough to just be a lip(absolutely useless and stupid looking IMO), and not huge and completely out of place liike one of those erector set "race" wings(unless you race)...

there is one wing that looks like the OE one but is just a bit bgger they offer for the evo and (i dont remember who) somebody put one on a RA in here somewhere...and i think it lookgs good(since it looks very similar to the OE one

that's just my opinion...if you wanna put a giant wing, a lip, or 3 wings stacked on each other...its your choice for your car...

if you like it and it's on YOUR car, it's nobody else's issue....if they don't like it, too bad...
Old Aug 8, 2014, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I got the notification on Skype, lol happy birthday dude!
thanks man! it's been so long since we got together! damn work and school is always keeping me so busy these days but i really gotta get things straight and start putting more attention to my RA. i'm slowly putting the time in to do "this and that" so hopefully everything comes together soon.

how's work and life for you my friend? meet up is imminent!

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Happy BDay!! My GF didn't like when I took the wing off my RA either. I really liked it. And kinda still do when looking back on those pics. Evo wing is alright. Its a big attention magnet tho.
hahaha! my gf kept bugging me while i was uninstalling the wing. she's like "you're not gonna like it. i'm telling you that you should leave it on or else you'll regret it." but then i took it off and...VOILA! i'm in love!

also, thanks for the bday greet bro! take care!!!

Originally Posted by nekkidlad
HAPPY BDAY!

IMO...the evo wing looks good in pictures...but IRL it looks a bit big...
i like the OE one best...it's big enough to look functional, small enough to flow with the rest of the car's lines, not small enough to just be a lip(absolutely useless and stupid looking IMO), and not huge and completely out of place liike one of those erector set "race" wings(unless you race)...

there is one wing that looks like the OE one but is just a bit bgger they offer for the evo and (i dont remember who) somebody put one on a RA in here somewhere...and i think it lookgs good(since it looks very similar to the OE one

that's just my opinion...if you wanna put a giant wing, a lip, or 3 wings stacked on each other...its your choice for your car...

if you like it and it's on YOUR car, it's nobody else's issue....if they don't like it, too bad...
thank you!!!

and yes, you're right! everyone has a different preference and that's what makes our RAs so special. everyone's RA is unique based on their personal taste. that's what i love about it. you can slap on whatever you want but in the end, what matters is how much you love and enjoy it!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by rzrxn
thanks man! it's been so long since we got together! damn work and school is always keeping me so busy these days but i really gotta get things straight and start putting more attention to my RA. i'm slowly putting the time in to do "this and that" so hopefully everything comes together soon.

how's work and life for you my friend? meet up is imminent!
get a clutch!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

get a clutch!
i went on A LOT of unexpected trips these past few months and the money that i saved for my clutch went towards that. i've been debating whether i should order it from a local parts store near my place or if i should get it somewhere else. i know you were suggesting that i grab it from where you got yours near Niagara. i'm looking into that as well. i really need to set time aside to plan all of this. i've been getting side-tracked and it sucks...

can you help find a good clutch that i can put into my RA? i'll contact the stores around me and see how much they go for.

thanks so much man! i really appreciate it!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

btw...quick update!

i touched up and re-did most of the zip ties that kept my lip and bumper attached to my car. it looks very clean and it's also very sturdy. doesn't seem like it'll fall off anytime soon to me lol. i'll take pics and i'll also describe the steps that i took to get it to look like how it does.

it literally looks like the accident never happened. the only things that give it away are the scratches on the bumper and lip...womp womp...
Old Aug 9, 2014, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

i went on A LOT of unexpected trips these past few months and the money that i saved for my clutch went towards that. i've been debating whether i should order it from a local parts store near my place or if i should get it somewhere else. i know you were suggesting that i grab it from where you got yours near Niagara. i'm looking into that as well. i really need to set time aside to plan all of this. i've been getting side-tracked and it sucks...

can you help find a good clutch that i can put into my RA? i'll contact the stores around me and see how much they go for.

thanks so much man! i really appreciate it!

I have a contaminated disc, lol...but that's no good, I DO however have a spare flywheel, so a fresh one will be ready to go, when the time comes...also consider that an OE replacement clutch from autopartsway.ca is $438, and RTM sells one for $318...they are $219 on rock auto, but with the exchange rate plus taxes duty and shipping, you probably won't save any money...when the Canadian dollar was strong I did save considerable money on rock auto, but I don't think it would be worthwhile now.

btw...quick update!

i touched up and re-did most of the zip ties that kept my lip and bumper attached to my car. it looks very clean and it's also very sturdy. doesn't seem like it'll fall off anytime soon to me lol. i'll take pics and i'll also describe the steps that i took to get it to look like how it does.

it literally looks like the accident never happened. the only things that give it away are the scratches on the bumper and lip...womp womp...
I know how you feel, I just recently filled my transmission mount with 3M windo-weld, and used the left overs to glue my lip onto the bumper...so far, so good...
Old Aug 9, 2014, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

I have a contaminated disc, lol...but that's no good, I DO however have a spare flywheel, so a fresh one will be ready to go, when the time comes...also consider that an OE replacement clutch from autopartsway.ca is $438, and RTM sells one for $318...they are $219 on rock auto, but with the exchange rate plus taxes duty and shipping, you probably won't save any money...when the Canadian dollar was strong I did save considerable money on rock auto, but I don't think it would be worthwhile now.
alright, well it's decided then! i'll go for the one that RTM is selling. iirc, the name of the guy that runs RTM is Ziggy, right? should i order the clutch online (add to cart) or should i contact him by phone/email and personally order it through him? what do you think the better approach would be? i really want to get this all done before winter comes around. i think my RA deserves this after what it has been put up to through the years that i've had it.

again, many thanks for all the support!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

alright, well it's decided then! i'll go for the one that RTM is selling. iirc, the name of the guy that runs RTM is Ziggy, right? should i order the clutch online (add to cart) or should i contact him by phone/email and personally order it through him? what do you think the better approach would be? i really want to get this all done before winter comes around. i think my RA deserves this after what it has been put up to through the years that i've had it.

again, many thanks for all the support!
you can call him, tell him I sent you
Old Aug 9, 2014, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Smile

you can call him, tell him I sent you
nice! i'll give him a call first thing tomorrow and i'll let him know that you sent me.

when i get the clutch, let's try to figure out when we can meet and maybe we can finally start on this lol. it's been a long-awaited overhaul!!!

cheers bro! thank you!!!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you guys want more company when you hook up, pm me.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartN
If you guys want more company when you hook up, pm me.
Woohoo! That's for sure man! I will PM you as soon as we have a set date and time. See you soon bro!

Old Aug 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Theirs car meets all over woodbridge/gta ... We could have the first ralliart lineup lol!!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirtyRalli
Theirs car meets all over woodbridge/gta ... We could have the first ralliart lineup lol!!
when's the next meet? we should all go! that's a pretty sick idea man. but then again, it's not like the car meet that happens @ kennedy commons is it? civics all day...

lmk when you're going next! i'll try to tag along and see if anyone else is interested. it'd be pretty awesome. cheers bro!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

another update re: Tramp...

i went to tackle the rust bubbles that were forming at the front tip of my hood this morning. i have had it covered with a leather-ish hood cover for quite some time now.

when i took it off to sand off the rust, the bubbles were everywhere. so i took off as many as i could but now the rust literally put holes at the tip of my hood. this sucks. i'm either going to need to use body filler and paint it OR i just grab a used hood from a wrecked RA. another option would be to buy an aftermarket hood (eg. carbon fiber) but i would like this option to be my last resort as i am saving funds for a new clutch from RTM.

i'm feeling a bit down as i've been uncovering a bunch of nasty stuff on my RA recently...

*sigh* at least i'm doing my best to keep the RA in tip-top shape...i'm really putting in my best effort to make my RA as close to perfect as i can. i'll keep on doing what i'm doing and just hope for the best!

#RalliartLife
Old Aug 11, 2014, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another update re: Tramp...

i went to tackle the rust bubbles that were forming at the front tip of my hood this morning. i have had it covered with a leather-ish hood cover for quite some time now.

when i took it off to sand off the rust, the bubbles were everywhere. so i took off as many as i could but now the rust literally put holes at the tip of my hood. this sucks. i'm either going to need to use body filler and paint it OR i just grab a used hood from a wrecked RA. another option would be to buy an aftermarket hood (eg. carbon fiber) but i would like this option to be my last resort as i am saving funds for a new clutch from RTM.

i'm feeling a bit down as i've been uncovering a bunch of nasty stuff on my RA recently...

*sigh* at least i'm doing my best to keep the RA in tip-top shape...i'm really putting in my best effort to make my RA as close to perfect as i can. i'll keep on doing what i'm doing and just hope for the best!

#RalliartLife
rust bubbles ussually mean the metal behind it is all gone and you need to cut and patch it somehow or use some sort of rust inhibitor and bondo it over...

i always thought about repairing mine....i had bubbles on my hood leading edge too...
but whatevs...never got around to it and it's been sold now for 2 yrs..(i wonder where it ended up)....

here's a pic of it...
not horribly bad...but always annnoying...
"Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart-zn8ltfx.jpg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart