Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

"Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtyRalli
Theirs car meets all over woodbridge/gta ... We could have the first ralliart lineup lol!!
I tried to have a meet at my place in july...nobody came

Originally Posted by rzrxn
when's the next meet? we should all go! that's a pretty sick idea man. but then again, it's not like the car meet that happens @ kennedy commons is it? civics all day...

lmk when you're going next! i'll try to tag along and see if anyone else is interested. it'd be pretty awesome. cheers bro!
LOL! I went to a kennedy commons meet years ago with RalliartRob and IanMaki...it stunk like weed, and the combined bass from 300 different sound systems, and 10 different genres of music created this constant low frequency drone that sounded like nothing, and there was so much rusty hoods and neon wheels, my eyes were figuratively bleeding...I mean my car is dirty, and not in great shape, but it's better than rusty hoods and a speed holes in the rear bumper.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nekkidlad
rust bubbles ussually mean the metal behind it is all gone and you need to cut and patch it somehow or use some sort of rust inhibitor and bondo it over...

i always thought about repairing mine....i had bubbles on my hood leading edge too...
but whatevs...never got around to it and it's been sold now for 2 yrs..(i wonder where it ended up)....

here's a pic of it...
not horribly bad...but always annnoying...
Mine are exactly in the same spots as yours but the rust is a lot worse. There are gnarly holes that go right through my hood. I can literally see a glimpse of my radiator cap through it. I know it sucks but I better do something about it before my whole hood goes to waste. Makes me sad just thinking about it...

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I tried to have a meet at my place in july...nobody came
I know bro. That's completely my fault...

I got all hyped up and ready to go but then I woke up late that day and that's when I messaged you what time I should be there. Sorry about that man. I really wish I made it there though. I've been meaning to just casually stop by and start a game of CS1.6 or CS:Source hahaha! No worries though bro. For sure some time before summer ends, I will come by but I will let you know in-advance as I don't want to disturb.

LOL! I went to a kennedy commons meet years ago with RalliartRob and IanMaki...it stunk like weed, and the combined bass from 300 different sound systems, and 10 different genres of music created this constant low frequency drone that sounded like nothing, and there was so much rusty hoods and neon wheels, my eyes were figuratively bleeding...I mean my car is dirty, and not in great shape, but it's better than rusty hoods and a speed holes in the rear bumper.
I remember you told me about your first and last trip there hahaha! That must have been awful man. But like I said, as long as it's NOT like the Kennedy Commons meet, I'm all good and down for it! But it doesn't really matter where we meet as long as we're all there together representing the Ralliarts of Ontario!

#RalliartLife #OntarioRalliart
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Lol no the kennedy commons meets are **** their all kids with their ricerockets/ immAture guys..The meets in woodbridge on thursday nights has everything from built civics to ferraris. We should try to get a few ralliarts their together!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Lol no the kennedy commons meets are **** their all kids with their ricerockets/ immAture guys..
Hahaha! That's so true man. Everytime I drive past there on Wednesday nights, all I see are slammed Civics with "SI" badges accompanied by matching "gutter guard" spaceship bumpers and air dams mounted on 26-inch "Giovanni" hub caps, LOL!

The meets in woodbridge on thursday nights has everything from built civics to ferraris. We should try to get a few ralliarts their together!
Yeah, the Woodbridge meet sounds like the type that we should all go to. It would be pretty awesome if we could have the four of us (Cranswick, RalliartN, DirtyRalli, and Rzrxn) make it there and start the first Ontario Ralliart line up. Let's plan it and make the best out of it!

#OntarioRalliartClub #ORC
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i'd say your hood is all but done..
if you can find a good body shop to do the job i'd suggest that...

you can try to bondo the crap out of it but it's gona keep rusting more...
unless you use some rust inhibitor after griding/sanding ALL the rust off...
which may be hard since the edge of the hood is folded over...you don't know if/how much rust is inside there and how far out it goes...

i'd suggest a new hood...
cf, fiberglass, new or used....whichever you want
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

yea i'd say your hood is all but done..
if you can find a good body shop to do the job i'd suggest that...

you can try to bondo the crap out of it but it's gona keep rusting more...
unless you use some rust inhibitor after griding/sanding ALL the rust off...
which may be hard since the edge of the hood is folded over...you don't know if/how much rust is inside there and how far out it goes...

i'd suggest a new hood...
cf, fiberglass, new or used....whichever you want
Awww boo...

Thanks for the heads-up man. I did notice that it would be a helluva makeover to get this hood in perfect, no rust condition. Because of that fact, I've been looking around for OE replacement hoods since last night. Hopefully I find something durable and affordable.

Thanks again for the input bro!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

After a few hours of research...

Here are two OE replacement hoods that I have found so far:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...gs+Best+Seller

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...130119ATG.html

I'm leaning more towards the $171 hood since it seems to me as if they're almost exactly the same item. The other one just comes with a 5-year warranty. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The "CAPA Certification" is also something I need to look into.

Here's the full list of compatible hoods from "www.autopartswarehouse.com" for my 2004 2.4L Lancer Ralliart:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...ue=Replacement

Any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you all!!!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

I was also thinking of going for a CF hood but they are so expensive! Cheapest I found so far is around $500+ lol. I am planning on checking out the local wrecker and see if they have any Lancers in their yards.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd recommend the junkyard hood if available...cheap and OE...
cons: paint may not match and possible dings/dents/scratches and likely to have same rust problem since it's not brand new...

my next rec is the one with a warranty
but honetly unless you leave it primed it'll last more than that with no problems...think about your hood...it's 10 years old now...and still in good condition(aside from the front edge rusting...which took way more than 5 yrs to come up)

get wichever one...i'd personally paint it with some kind of rust inhibitor before painting to match the car...(may or not do anything but would give me peace of mind...)
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

i'd recommend the junkyard hood if available...cheap and oe...
Cons: Paint may not match and possible dings/dents/scratches and likely to have same rust problem since it's not brand new...
This is my first option. I really hope my local wrecker has one in their yard. I know they usually pull it, shelf it, and sell it for $150+. It sucks bc I can't just pull it straight from the car in the yard, which would cost me ~$50 max. And you're right about the rust problem. Even if I do find one in the yard, I will never know when and how the rust will build up. Still, after all these issues, I think this is still the best option to go for.

my next rec is the one with a warranty
but honetly unless you leave it primed it'll last more than that with no problems...think about your hood...it's 10 years old now...and still in good condition(aside from the front edge rusting...which took way more than 5 yrs to come up)
True. I was leaning towards the one with no warranty as I am pretty sure the OE replacement will outlast that, no problem.

get wichever one...i'd personally paint it with some kind of rust inhibitor before painting to match the car...(may or not do anything but would give me peace of mind...)
That's my future plans for the new hood that I grab. I will for sure put in a lot of effort in preventative maintenance before it rusts away on me again. I'm also doing the same thing with the whole body of my RA. I want to tackle all the rust and eliminate as much of it as I can before it eats too much metal away.

I'm just hoping for the best! Thanks so much for your help!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

[Hood Damage Update]

I didn't get around to getting the hood from the wreckers yet as I am still trying to see if I can salvage the one that I have.

[General Update]

1) Sunroof broke down. Motor detached from mount for some reason. Missing one bolt but luckily, I found it somewhere in my headliner.

2) HIDs had to come off as it broke after a massive rain storm here in Toronto. I went out @ 3 AM and my driver-side headlight was turned on for no reason while my car was off. After that, every time the car was off, my HIDs flicker, even when the car was just parked. Then a few hours later, they just won't turn on at all. After taking off the whole HID unit, I found out that water got through the hood seals and through my passenger-side HID headlight, which I'm thinking is what messed up the whole circuit. Have to use my spare 9007 stock bulbs for now.

I'm getting sad from all of this but I will be taking care of them this week so hopefully all these will be fixed by next weekend...

Last edited by rzrxn; Sep 8, 2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Man, it's been so long since I've posted anything here on EvoM. Life, work and random things have kept me so damn busy. I've been a lurker for a quite a while but I'm going to try my best to stay active in our community.

As per my RA (Tramp), he's not doing very well...

1.) I'm hearing squeaks and pops here and there. (Suspension)

2.) HIDs had to come off due to water damage. Womp womp.

3.) Hood is rotting like crazy due to rust. Seeing this is killing me softly...

4.) Water is leaking inside from just under the driver-side dash. Not too much but it's noticeable b/c I can feel it on my legs when it drips sometimes.

5.) I have strong suspicions that the rear driver-side brakes are not working. The rotors seem untouched by the pads as there are no signs of contact between them.

6.) Everytime I drive off from parking overnight, I notice that there's a bit of oil just under the engine bay. I think I'm starting to leak oil but I don't see any signs of it from inside the engine bay. Need to investigate this further.

7.) Sunroof is broken. One of the bolts that hold down the motor came off and I haven't found the time to repair it. The headliner is partly off already. I just need to bolt the motor back on and let it re-learn the opening and closing rotations. I did my searching on EvoM to figure this out.

I just hope and pray that my RA continues to have a fruitful life with me as I really love this car. I will do everything in my power to get Tramp to tip-top shape just like I have always dreamed of...

Last edited by rzrxn; Oct 15, 2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
also clutch and transmission...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

also clutch and transmission...
lol yes those too! i really really really need to make some time for my RA. for some reason, i just can't get to it...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

@crans:

this weekend or the next, i'm going to niagara with my family and i already put it in my itinerary to stop by rtm racing since they're in the same area. if you need anything picked up from rtm, let me know so i can grab it for you.

Quick Reply: "Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart