Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Jc's Lab Black Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 01:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jc's Lab Black Ralliart

Hey guys, I'm from Vancity, Canada.

The 2005 Ralliart you see below was purchased in July '14 from its original owner with 155xxx km's. It came with a bunch of modifications, but some of them was poorly done. It has 225/50/16 Continental DWS tires which it is why the car looks strange compared other RA's. This wheel/tire combination only rubs when I hit deep potholes, which are somewhat abundant in Vancouver.

HID lights were removed since they caused havoc with the electrical system and was replaced with OEM parts from the local pick n' pull. Being a student, there probably won't be much progress.

Mods include:
Megan Coilovers (lowered)
Injen CAI
Short Shifter
Stage 1 clutch
Crossdrilled Brakes + EBC Greens
Evo 8 Steering wheel
Momo Shift knob
Replica EVO 8/9 wing
HID headlights (removed) and HID fogs
Aftermarket Alpine Flip up Screen head unit + amp

I want the RA to be a reliable daily driver that's fun to drive as well. I feel that more torque is needed.

Future Plans are:
Maintenance items - suspension bushings, lighting, wiring
65mm Eclipse/Endeavor throttle body
RPW throttle body spacers
RRE Underpulley
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR 16x8 wheels
Performance 2.25" muffler
Hackish NA tune

Old Feb 7, 2015, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
is that seriously your license plate number? ROFL, awesome...

find out if/when the timing belt was done, if it needs to be replaced, replace it, and she should be good to go...I'm almost at 250,000km, and turbocharged for the last 60,000km. daily driven year-round, raced every second or third weekend in the summer, since being turbocharged, I've done two round trips to nova scotia, and one trip to the Evo/DSM shootout in ohio. I'd call that pretty reliable...change you oils and fluids when needed, and other than a few quirky little things like fan controllers, purge solenoids, APPS, there's not a whole lot of problems with these cars...suspension wear and bushing squeaks are common across all makes and models...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Feb 7, 2015 at 05:36 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 07:20 PM

nah, my license plate isn't only 9's, but it does have a couple in it. If I recall correctly, the previous owner replaced the timing belt at around 100k km. I have no doubt on the reliability regarding the Ralliart. We do regularly change the oils according to dealer scheduling. It's quite a fun car within the street limits due to its torquey motor and relatively short gearing.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Looks good! Black RA's always look sharp.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Looks good! Black RA's always look sharp.
except mine..
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

I think yours looks good! lol
Old Feb 9, 2015, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

mine has quarter panel cancer, and swirl marks so bad no amount of waxing will cure...it needs a new clear coat, but there's too many chips in the paint to bother with clear....end thread hijack
Old Feb 10, 2015, 01:03 PM

Thank you kind sirs! It looked much better when washed. I recently picked up a used replica carbon fibre evo wing to replace the replica fibre glass evo wing on the car. Why? Because the FG wing would vibrate when travelling at around 100km/h. The CF one i picked up is much sturdier in the middle wing section. It's missing a clear coat on the side winglets, but I'm going to rattle can that on. In the meantime, I need to source some thin double sided foam tape.

As well, I might purchase a set of ES red tail lights and maybe an ES parcel shelf from the local pick n' pull. I already have the OEM 3rd brake light. I've read that making holes on the RA parcel shelf requires a lot of precision, something I do not have so the ES parcel shelf might come in handy. I'm not a huge fan of the altezza tail lights that the RA has.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jcmaz
I need to source some thin double sided foam tape.
3M

Originally Posted by jcmaz
I'm not a huge fan of the altezza tail lights that the RA has.
they look better in black...I have the DEPO taillights, and they look much better...
Old Feb 11, 2015, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

Cutting the rear shelf isn't hard. I did it to add my 3rd brake light. But I guess swapping would be simpler.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good mate
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:44 AM

@Bakuro, yeah i do agree. Come to think of it, I might as well disassemble the rear portion of the interior once than to do it twice. I did make a template, but probably will input the dimensions into Adobe Illustrator and create a legit and accurate digital template.

@347-dis, thanks

Couple of updates so far.

I was driving around on the local highway when a Dodge Caliber flicked a small pebble from the road and made a spider web-like crack. Fortunately it was less than the size of a dime so it could be repaired at Speedy Glass in Burnaby by Imperial and Royal Oak. 30 minutes and 75 dollars lighter, the crack on the windshield is almost unnoticeable.

Yesterday, I finally removed the replica Evo FG spoiler. I like the Evo spoiler on there more though. It looks much more balanced. It's time for me to clearcoat the CF Evo spoiler and bolt it onto the truck.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the wind deflectors for the windows. How much did those run you? Thinking about putting a set on my RA. So far you car looks clean keep up the progress!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 02:55 PM

The wind deflectors came with the car. They are OEM items, so i would assume they cost 100-150$ for a set of four.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

I had a rock chip filled by speedy two years ago, it finally cracked this winter...not bad, considering all the chassis flex I put her through...

Quick Reply: Jc's Lab Black Ralliart