My Evolution Ralliart - Page 4 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evolution Ralliart

Old Apr 6, 2017, 06:42 AM   #46
Evolved Member

Drives: on curvy roads

Shaved, Plugged, and Wrinkle blacked manifold is complete!

Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:26 PM   #47

Drives: 2005 Lancer 2.4L

Cool build so far man! Since I joined and have been browsing around it seems these Ralliart motors are pretty popular... If you don't mind me asking what makes these better or different compared to the other Lancer motors?

Old May 2, 2017, 10:00 PM   #48

Coming along nicely! That wrinkle black intake is amazing, think I'll steal that idea lol!

Old May 3, 2017, 06:38 AM   #49
Evolved Member

Thank guys! I appreciate the kind words. I wish I had more time to work on this project...

@cmartin - Its personal preference or availability I think. There are people who will debate one is better than the other until they are blue in the face. Personally I used the Ralliart's 4G69 because I have had several of them now. They have been good to me so far. And I had multiple ones in my garage begging to take the place of the 4G63 block that **** itself. LOL

@schmitty - Go for it man! I love the wrinkle black! I have another Valve cover that I am going to strip, shave, modify and then wrinkle black as well. Then my strut bar, and power brace will get it as well.

-------

In the mean time I have nearly fully reassembled the motor. Awaiting a banjo bolt that decided to grow legs and wondered out of my shop. And to install my fuel injectors.

My volks have also been disassembled and sent off for powder coating. The lips have been scrubbed and brushed, and will be getting clear coated. Should look pretty awesome when they are finally back together. Waiting to get everything assembled before I post pics.

Old May 3, 2017, 08:57 PM   #50
Evolved Member

Drives: 03 OZ

sick man...this is pretty much my goal for my project...keep it up

Old Jun 7, 2017, 07:37 AM   #51
Evolved Member

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Let me try to catch up on some stuff here.

I took my volks apart and had them sandblasted and powder coated. I sanded down the wheel barrels and left them brushed looking. They actually turned out a lot better than I expected.

From there I borrowed an engine hoist from work and had some friends come over and help me connect the trans and engine and get it mounted in the engine bay.

I finished up connecting everything and filling fluids. And fired it up. She fired up quick and easy. But while I was checking everything I noticed there was an oil leak from somewhere. I got pissed and just let it sit for a week cause I couldn't find where the leak was coming from. But last night I went over to give it another shot. And I found that the leak is coming from behind the manifold where a plug is installed in the head just above the EGR port. So next week I'll be dropping the manifold off of the engine and fixing that problem. Hopefully, I'll have it on the road by next weekend!

Old Jun 7, 2017, 08:50 AM   #52

****ing awesome man

Old Jul 1, 2017, 06:15 AM   #53

Is your Ralliart Evo up and running

Old Oct 9, 2017, 02:11 PM   #54

Hope you update this thread, I did wind up stealing your wrinkle black idea! haha this picture is about 2 months old now, engine is back in the car lol

Old Oct 11, 2017, 06:57 AM   #55
Evolved Member

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay...

@Schmitty that is an awesome looking setup. The wrinkle black looks really good on there! What manifold is that?

As for an update on my car... Its down all over again. I had a shop assemble the bottom end for me. And 3 miles into driving the car for the first time, two of the rods melted the bearings out... I have the car back at Haltech. My motivation is virtually dead for this car now. Ive spent so much money and nothing works out for this thing. Im going to put it back to stock for now. And maybe I'll try a whole new build in the future. But for now I just want to have the car running again. So thats why I havent updated. Kinda been in the dumps about the car since everything fell apart again.

Old Oct 12, 2017, 01:57 PM   #56

@bakuro117 If you're talking about my exhaust manifold, its custom! That sounds almost like my luck, I had my car back for 2 days and then my brand new ACT throw out bearing went out, not sure why or how, but my trans was missing 3rd gear anyway. Just picked up a 20k mile trans ill be dropping in this weekend though, with a new OEM tob. Lets hope we both see some better luck with our vehicles haha.