Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

2005 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Ralliart

Hello Lancer aka Evolution forums...
So this past weekend I purchased a 2005 Ralliart (I hope... not to sure on the different sub-models and there are no tags on the back)... So as far as I know its 2.4l with a 5 speed trans, has no performance mods that I am aware of and is pretty much bone stock with little to no rust. Which I am ok with! Like a blank canvas!

I know it has some problems some of which maybe you guy/girls can offer some suggestions or just point and laugh.. either way is cool w/ me
1)Driver seat belt is gone (the SRS wiring is cut too)
2)Driver Door Lock Actuator is broken (door lock doesn't respond to key fob) I have no idea where to find this part...
3)Climate Control system is trashed (knobs ripped off and the controls that they attach to are stripped)
4)Carpet under driver pedals was either completely worn out or cut for some reason
5)Stereo Doesn't work at all... That's not a priority right now seeing as I cant lock my doors anyway.

So that's about it for the issues...

Now, what I would like to do is make this a little tuner/street racer but also keep it a DD. I am thinking I want to start off with suspension and brakes first. Make it handle and stop like a champ. Then after that idk... I guess I would start with an engine build and design it for a turbo setup, then keep adding performance parts as my budget and I go... I don't plan on going heavy with the appearance for a while kinda want to make it a sleeper style then when I get it all tricked out Ill start looking into body kits, wheels, lights, etc.

That's about it... Thanks for looking and feel free to offer suggestions, or as mentioned before point and laugh...

Old Apr 19, 2017, 03:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
3)Climate Control system is trashed (knobs ripped off and the controls that they attach to are stripped)
You can find that part from 2002-2006 Lancers. Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2003-20...-/272633112237

The AC button is known not to work that well; you have to push it from a certain angle for it to work.

Suspension wise, I highly recommend Whiteline sway bar, better tires, and lightweight wheels.

Btw, why does your Ralliart not have front/side/rear lips? Seems shady
Old Apr 20, 2017, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good looking car man! Sucks your missing out on the Ralliart lips though. Some lowering springs, whiteline sway bar, stickier tires, and stiffer bushings and motor mounts will make that thing a handling champ.

If you need any of those missing parts shoot me a message. I have a whole parts car that I could dig things out of for you.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jcmaz
You can find that part from 2002-2006 Lancers. Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2003-20...-/272633112237

The AC button is known not to work that well; you have to push it from a certain angle for it to work.

Suspension wise, I highly recommend Whiteline sway bar, better tires, and lightweight wheels.

Btw, why does your Ralliart not have front/side/rear lips? Seems shady

Awesome thanks for the advice!

What are these 'lips' and why is it shady that they're missing?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Good looking car man! Sucks your missing out on the Ralliart lips though. Some lowering springs, whiteline sway bar, stickier tires, and stiffer bushings and motor mounts will make that thing a handling champ.

If you need any of those missing parts shoot me a message. I have a whole parts car that I could dig things out of for you.

Thanks man! I am pretty happy with it as well!

I'll look into those parts you guys suggested! I'll also send you a PM cause I have a laundry list of OEM parts that I need....
Old Apr 20, 2017, 02:23 PM

So its been a couple days since I have been on thought I would throw an update out there... Unfortunately I didn't take any pics...

Ordered a driver seat belt off Ebay... That went in nice however still having an issues with the SRS light... I was able to get the wiring hardwired back to the little pins inside the retractor assembly but the light still remains...

I do have a question though... Do any of you guys have issues with getting your cars into 1st and Reverse? Seems like I have to pull/push really hard on the shifter to get it into these gears... Also noticed sometimes when I up shift a little to early or little to late that I will get a bit of grinding... Does this happen to anybody else? Owned a little 5 speed Protégé a while ago and it never had this problem... So idk maybe I am just a little rusty behind the manual and need to get it 'used' to me??? I don't know.....

Edit: also forgot to ask do you guys have any recommendations for websites that sell performance parts for the Ralliarts? Or the Lancer in general?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 08:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cmartin2112
Awesome thanks for the advice!

What are these 'lips' and why is it shady that they're missing?
Take a look at my Ralliart and you'll see a body kit piece by the bumper and beneath the doors. It's shady since there is no sign that they were taken off the car. If they were removed, there would be clips and stuff on the bumper.

Some websites to performance parts are: Road Race Motorsports (RRM) based in US and Racing Performance Works in Australia.

Honestly, the best mod for our cars is a reflash and suspension/tire upgrades.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jcmaz
Take a look at my Ralliart and you'll see a body kit piece by the bumper and beneath the doors. It's shady since there is no sign that they were taken off the car. If they were removed, there would be clips and stuff on the bumper.

Some websites to performance parts are: Road Race Motorsports (RRM) based in US and Racing Performance Works in Australia.

Honestly, the best mod for our cars is a reflash and suspension/tire upgrades.
Strange... I see what you're talking about. I hope I'm not misinformed on the sub model I have... maybe I have the base or cheap a** version of the relliart...

thanks by the way for the website/part leads!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

I would assume its been in some kind of accident and the lips have been removed. The Ralliart is the only sub-Evo model that has 5 lug wheels. All the lower models are 4 lug.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
I would assume its been in some kind of accident and the lips have been removed.
Especially since driver seatbelt was gone
Old Apr 21, 2017, 01:13 PM

Now you all got me worried... here I am thinking I got a decent car with minimal rust and body issues... now I might be dealing post accident Ralliart and discovering massive issues later on down the road...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt worry about it much. Couldve just been a fender bender. It looks fine. and the paint looks good. It was just an observation. Several ralliart guys have lost their lips to snow, or junk in the road.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 07:41 PM

So I made a slight visual upgrade (at least IMO) yesterday... A little window tint never hurts your style points right???

Before

After
Old Apr 25, 2017, 07:54 PM

Also tried to do a headlight restoration but unfortunately that didn't do too much of anything...
There was some additional steps to try and what looks like sand the lens with fine grit pads but I ran outta time and couldn't try it. Maybe I'll give that a shot this weekend.
I should also be able to order my performance brake parts this weekend!! If you guys have any recommendations feel free to throw them my way!

Side by side comparison

Both Completed
Old Apr 26, 2017, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good!

Quick Reply: 2005 Ralliart