EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-lancer-ralliart-show-shine-96/)
-   -   Dress Up Parts Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-lancer-ralliart-show-shine/145378-dress-up-parts-review.html)

BLKRalliArt04 Jun 22, 2005 05:15 PM

"Show & Shine" Parts Review

Have a dress up part that just plain sucks? Or one that is sweet? Parts can include, but not limited to: seats, eyelids, body kit, aftermarket hood, etc. Write a review about it here and let everybody know your input. Keep it on topic please.

BLKRalliArt04 Jun 24, 2005 04:38 PM

Tenzo-R Rally Type Seats

Great seat for the money. Though these seats are great for spirited driving as they keep you planted indefinitely. They are NOT suitable for LONG trips, especially in traffic for some reason. I sat in traffic for 2 hours (dead stop) and I had to keep adjusting myself so my back wouldnt hurt (but then again, that would probably be for almost any car seat). And one more thing, if you wanna sit lower to the ground, then these seats are for you, you basically have to crawl to get out of them They definitely keep you planted in the seat unlike the stock seats which didnt have much of a side bolster to keep you in very well.

Final Grade - 7.5/10

BLKRalliArt04 Jun 26, 2005 11:58 AM

Accolade CF Eyelids

Very nice product. Constructed VERY well and the carbon fiber looks great. Fitment is excellent too.

Final Grade 10/10

AdamRA Jul 4, 2005 08:40 PM

Accolade Mesh Grills Ver. 2

Really a good product and cheaper than oem with the same look. {thumbup}

BLKRalliArt04 Jul 7, 2005 10:08 PM

Blue Bat's Taillight Overlays

Very high quality part. Gets rid of that nasty altezza style look that is so popular with all the rice boys here in northern Virginia. Only problem is the install. Trying to get it around the contour of the taillight is very hard and unless you have a squeegee, you are going to have a heck of a time trying to get it to fit correctly. But once these babies are on, its very hard to get them off.

Overall Score - 7.5/10

wrecked Jul 10, 2005 06:29 PM

Dupli-Color Caliper Paint Kit

A great complet kit! You get a spray can of brake clean, a can of paint (probably enough for 3 - 4 cars) a stir stick, a paint brush, and good instructions. Worked really slick, tough, durable paint, and nice bright tone... the red anyways.
Rate it 9 of 10. Only because I am getting alittle chipping in acouple areas, mostly in unnoticable spots.

NateOZ Jul 11, 2005 08:57 AM

Blue Magic Metal Polish

If you have a polished lip or just wanna clean up your muffler tip, than this is what you need. This stuff works wonders on polished surfaces, keeps the polished parts looking like mirrors. One jar lasts forever, had the same jar for about 6 months already. Would be a 10 but the wrist pain after your done puts it at a 9.:p

9/10

BLKRalliArt04 Jul 12, 2005 06:26 AM

MTEC Hyper Blue Bulbs

I have had these in my car for over a year now, and if you are looking for BLUE headlights, then these are what to buy. Very bright blue, not that faint blue either. But dont plan on seeing for crap in the rain at night. But as far as longetivity, so far they are great, they were the first mod I put on the car (if you even wanna call that a mod). I have pics in my cardomain page in my sig.

Overall Score - 8/10

DvSRyderS_Chris Jul 20, 2005 03:15 AM

Tein's- 10/10 worth every penny, nice ride, great quality, tein knows there ****

splash evo 7 hub- 9/10 great quality, universal for all lancers,

5 zigen canister -8.5/10 good quality, nice deep tone... more of a honda muffler.. loud at idle, kinda sounds like a capachino maker...

H&R wheel spacers-9/10 great product do what wheel spacer are suppose to do..lol.. clean up gaps real nice...

bride steering wheel-7/10 looked bigger in the picture... shouldant be left in las vegas 120 degree weather.... real jdm is expensive..

HKB type- r quick release 1/10 u get what u paid for. shouldant expect it to last more than 2 months... shakes on hard bumps.... dont buy anything that has the words type r in it..

NRG quick release- 8/10 great looks, great quality, makes ur steering wheel about 4 inches closer to u, biggest part is on the steering wheel so u cant relli stick the steering wheel anywhere, and makes it kinda heavy

shocka sticker- 10/10 mounts on anything... older people think its a hawaii hand sign.. the ladies love it......

ddcha Jul 20, 2005 04:54 AM

Eurodezigns 8500k Blue bulbs

H3: 8/10
9007: 1/10

The H3 for our foglights are good, but the 9007 for our lowbeams are AWFUL!!! They give off a strong bluish light on stuff on the ground, but if you are standing there looking at the headlights from the side or any other angle, they give off a very yellow and green hue of light. Very ugly, and not at all as described. I contacted the manufacturer who said that this was normal.

WoRkZ Aug 8, 2005 11:20 AM

Autovation Racing Pedals

4 Attachment(s)
-

Great looking pedals (see pics below), includes dead pedals. Really efficient non-skip surface (looks like a beaded process), with raised rims (on each of the circles on the pics) for the brake, clutch and dead pedal.

Installation is somewhat easy and quick (30 minutes for me) with the included instructions. The only problem I encountered was trying to drill wholes on the stock pedals: My 18v cordless drill didn't fit between the lower part of the dashboard and the surface to be drilled! I had to take out the plastic panel and then push the break pedal as hard as I could while the engine was running in order to get the drill to clear the dash frame (so the hole would be at the best angle).

Hardware included: 4 pedals, self-tapping screws for the dead pedal and the gas pedal, Allen screws and locking nuts for the brake and clutch pedal, corresponding Allen key, step-by-step installation instructions.

The new pedals gave me a better feel and better grip (but I'm waiting until winter to be 100% convinced that the gas pedal will not skid though). It should also help me learn the toe-heel technique, since the gas pedal is larger than stock and the brake pedal offers more grip (with sports shoes, the raised circles edges grip in between the shoe's threads).

Considering the current GB price, I have to give this product at least 9.5 out of 10 for a great value, super looks and relative ease of installation.

Here are some pics (sorry for the dirty car around the aforementionned pedals):

Racman709394 Sep 11, 2005 01:10 PM

HKS hi-power exhaust - 10/10 BEST exhaust i've ever heard. sound a bit like the G35's growling but louder.... love it soooo much. i have the universal one. the shell size is 130 mm and the tip is 96 mm (3.78 inches). the inlet is 60 mm (2.36 inches). it was made as a custom axelback... gottta love it.

Racman709394 Sep 11, 2005 01:27 PM

ooops....sorry wrong "dress up part" hahaha....sorry MODS

drucea Sep 15, 2005 11:53 AM

17" 5Zigen Hyperblack Copse Wheels

These wheels look awesome, kind of like gunmetal but i get comments all the time that they look hot. i got them with 205/40/17 tires. my speedometer is now 5 mph fast. i recommend 215/45/17s. i saw them on another lancer, fills the wheel wells a lot and will put less miles on your car.

2004Ralli//art Oct 17, 2005 06:32 PM

Cerious Performance CF Trunk

Looks good but doesn't really fit. It sits up about 1/4 in. higher than the body, the rubber stoppers didn't fit. Had to use electrical tape around a couple screw holders for the license plate frame. But looks good though besides the fact that it sits high,which causes it to leak when it rains or i was the car. Not too much water, but enough to soak 1/4 of the carpet.
I give it a 5/10