Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Ralliart Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by markmetivier14
Why would you be a dick about this kind of thing I asked a question on a noon thread get over yourself, and why would you say 10k when there's a turbo kit from RRM for 4 and a little?

no one is being a "dick" you asked a question and other answered it. Crans wants the build as cheap as possible to get the basics down and upgrade from there. I have met him in person and he has a good head on his shoulders and he knows at the end it it all he will prob spent more than 4g on his set up, that is his choice and I respect him for that. My post is simply telling everyone from my experience and way of doing things what to expect it is advise and advise only take it or leave it it is your money and your efforts. Do as you want and bottom line have fun doing it. There is enough info on this forum to build your own if you so choose, others are offering their advise by saying good luck doing a kit for a grand. If you can do it all the power to you let the rest of us know how it goes.....hope it works out for you.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
no one is being a "dick" you asked a question and other answered it. Crans wants the build as cheap as possible to get the basics down and upgrade from there. I have met him in person and he has a good head on his shoulders and he knows at the end it it all he will prob spent more than 4g on his set up, that is his choice and I respect him for that. My post is simply telling everyone from my experience and way of doing things what to expect it is advise and advise only take it or leave it it is your money and your efforts. Do as you want and bottom line have fun doing it. There is enough info on this forum to build your own if you so choose, others are offering their advise by saying good luck doing a kit for a grand. If you can do it all the power to you let the rest of us know how it goes.....hope it works out for you.
Here is another question. How many people does it take to build a turbo kit? 1 but it takes many others to tell you how you can do it differently......bottom line its your project.

HAHA!!!! hit the quote instead of edit..my bad
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
HAHA!!!! hit the quote instead of edit..my bad
LOL! FAIL!

OttRalliart05 is right, no one's being a dick. He's mearly stating the reality of the topic in question.

the problem is you can count the commercially available turbo kits designed for our cars on one hand and still have enough digits left over to sit on your thumb and smoke a cigarette. What they are working on is the real deal, a legitimate turbo kit, done right. That is something you only need one finger to count, it hasn't been done yet.

I'm confident i'll be able get a turbo to spool, deliver fuel, and make some extra power, but there's no way it'll be as efficient, or make as much power as a properly designed and reasearched kit, made by experts in the industry, and besides, it would not even be possible in the first place without the reflash that Hackish developed anyways. The kit's not going to be 10 grand.

The RRM kit is ok, but flawed, they satisfied a demand, sold it for whatever they felt they could, now something better is in the works, and they'll have to either improve their product or adjust the price to stay competitive, that is the beauty of the whole situation, if you want a half-assed turbo kit, the best you can hope for is RRM drops their price to something in the realm of reasonable, and if you want quality, flexibility, upgradeability, the list of adjectives probably goes on, then you'll take a harder look at what these guys are doing for the community.

1000$ turbo kits exist for Honda's cause there's as many people selling them as there is people driving the cars. Plus the 1000$ kits are **** anyways, even a good quality kit for a honda is at least twice that.

ugh, i'm going to stop posting here

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Jul 4, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I've seen Cranswick's work firsthand and talked about his turbo project face to face. Be sure you really want to do this on a $1k budget because the only reason he makes it sound do-able is because his technical understanding, tenacity, and resourcefulness are exceptional.

I wouldn't try it; I am older and my brain is full and I never want to learn another thing ever again.

I'd spend $8k for OttRalliart/Hackish to make me an awesome kit. btw, over $10k for a proper setup is not unusual - see RPW.

Last edited by RalliartN; Jul 4, 2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
normally i'm a man of my word, but i have a few more things to say. this project i'm working on is quickly adding up, and by the time i have everything i need and i'm ready to start fitting, fabricating and building, i foresee my expenditures being in the $2000 range. Keep in mind i'm doing my own fabricating/welding (which is expensive as hell if you can't do it yourself), rebuilding a used turbo, and all my parts are second hand, and a few of the more expensive, and most important parts, i got once in a lifetime deals on them, so one could not reliably use my total budget as a benchmark for their own project. It's easy to see why a quality, new turbo kit will cost so much. And don't forget when i'm all done, i'll need to have it custom tuned. The kit is done for you. If the software is available by then, i wouldn't mind giving it a shot myself, so i can at least drive the car to ottawa, for a proper tune, but if not i have a trailer.