Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Ralliart Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart Turbo Build

Everyone has asked me what do I need what is this specific part what does it look like, when actually I am asking the SAME QUESTIONS to other people LOL
So what I am going to do as I get the parts I will post pics with prices of where and how I got the parts and keep everyone updated on the build.

The first thing I searched for was a way to make the returnless system a return line system, now I had started a thread about that and you can read it here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=191259
now even though the title is fuel cut it does give you the basic info to start a return line system thanks to many others on this site!
Here is a picture of what the Ralliarts Filter Assembly looks like and if you notice in the picture there is only an outlet (no inlet)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rtfuelpump.jpg
What you need to do is replace this filter assembly with a filter assembly from an 02-03 lancer es oz doesnt matter now if you call your local mitsu dealer it is called the FILTER ASSEMBLY here are some pics of it! And if you look you can see the outlet AND THE INLET for the RETURN LINE: Cost 85 PLUS TAX from DEALER
maybe get somewhere used or cheaper whatever I opted to go new.....
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rassembly3.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rassembly2.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rassembly1.jpg
Next of course you will need a higher grade fuel pump I opted for a Walboro 255lph which most people do: $85 KIT
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i2...walboro255.jpg
Now next I needed to get a fuel rail to support all of this and has a return line as well. from research on the boards I found out that an evo rail will handle this.. yet to see if it fits... what I did was start a thread asking for a used rail over in the evo forums, and what a DEAL 30 bucks!!! great condition!
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i2...3/evorail2.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i2...3/evorail1.jpg
now next I have to wait for my fuel gauge($25 Ebay) to come in to test the fuel pressure at idle and at all rpms to see the rising rate because it seems like no one on this site is sure of it. So i WILL have that info posted for all as well! I am also looking for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I am also waiting to get the test exhaust flange from my machinest to start working on the tubing for the manifold so he can finish it up in stainless.

Thats where I am at as of right now
Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:05 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
This is the most useful post of the day.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^Make this a sticky!!!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

awesome walkthrough. I look forward to following you through the rest of it, and thank you for putting this together. I realize this is all info thats already here but its great of you to consilidate it all and give us nubs pics too. Do you plan on posting pics of the install process too? I understand if you dont want to bother, but just thought I'd ask. Thank you again.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:28 PM

I look forward to following this as well...I don't know if you did this offhand or not but, maybe show cost checkpoint (cost to each point)
Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:00 PM

UPDATE:

As of right now the manifold is still in the process of being machined my machinest only has weekends to work on it because he works in a facility that makes government items, so that comes first.
We are currently scheduled to get together and test the fuel pressure @ idle and all the rpms to see the rising rate etc.

We will be testing alot for a while so that we can choose the best turbo for this particular setup. If anyone is following along right now I would NOT recommend getting a turbo or anything else of that nature yet there is not enough testing with this setup to prove a valid choice on any particular turbo.

And for those who had asked I will be posting EVERYTHING that happens with PICS of EVERYTHING we do! And I will even provide numbers to show test results on any tests that we do if I can!

I just hopes this helps EVERYONE! I want to see MILLIONS of Turbo RALLIARTS on the ROAD and I would LOVE to make that happen!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

god you went the extra mile for all.. still i feel stupid i drilled the tank instead of cross referencing that part in particular
kuddos to the research!

ps make it a sticky!!!
Old Apr 10, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Ralliart403 you are my hero. I wish you the best on this project, many props for you to take this chance, hope all goes well!!! Also thanks for taking the time to put up numbers, pictures and projection costs too.

stick this thread mods!
Old Apr 10, 2006, 03:35 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Stuck and title being adjusted.

Ralliart403 - As you add more info, just edit it into the original post, it'll make it easier for people to read.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart403
UPDATE:

As of right now the manifold is still in the process of being machined my machinest only has weekends to work on it because he works in a facility that makes government items, so that comes first.
We are currently scheduled to get together and test the fuel pressure @ idle and all the rpms to see the rising rate etc.

We will be testing alot for a while so that we can choose the best turbo for this particular setup. If anyone is following along right now I would NOT recommend getting a turbo or anything else of that nature yet there is not enough testing with this setup to prove a valid choice on any particular turbo.

And for those who had asked I will be posting EVERYTHING that happens with PICS of EVERYTHING we do! And I will even provide numbers to show test results on any tests that we do if I can!

I just hopes this helps EVERYONE! I want to see MILLIONS of Turbo RALLIARTS on the ROAD and I would LOVE to make that happen!
When do you plan on having this done by (rough estimate). Looks like you have a lot ahead of you but just wondering what you're thinking. Keep updating us because this is really interesting and I hope all goes well.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

dont rush him with an et just to satisfy our 'need to know'... let him do it at his own pace or else he will screw up...
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

any update? Not rushing just wanted to know if anything has been done!
Old Apr 15, 2006, 01:24 PM

As for me, I'm having my turbo header made next week I hope so. What you are planning to use as your piggyback, the apexi s-afc II or the RRM piggyback?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:50 AM

UPDATE:
I want to apologize to everyone who has been following this build, the fuel pressure gauge that I ordered was broken in shipping and it also only went up to 60 psi so I had to send it back, so I dont have those numbers yet. I am waiting as anxiously as everyone else ! LOL

UPDATE:
PURCHASED TEIN SPRINGS I will also have pics of the install of this as well!

Hope Everyone had a good holiday we had a car meet/cookout on sat before easter, great turnout as usual! Was Great Anyone close to the pittsburgh area please PM me or AIM me (Ralliart403) so I can get an invite out to you for the next meets!
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

screw the springs turboo turboooo! haha jk

Quick Reply: Ralliart Turbo Build