Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Check engine light codes

Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check engine light codes

Hi all, im new to this site, and i was wondering if you guys could help me. I just turboed my Ralliart last friday, and all is good but the engine light came on, i have the rrm cel eliminator on the downpipe, so i got my car scanned and the codes that came up was P0171, and P0304. Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
P0171 System too lean...DONT FOOL AROUND with that get it to a someone that knows what he is doing.....

As far as the P0304 no idea its not listed. My buddy at the dealership cant find it....recheck and get back to me.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

the second code is for Cylinder #4 missfire, so YES you are running way too lean in higher boost, wich means your car is not tuned properly, get it looked at A.S.A.P
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:18 PM

Hi what could cause these codes to pop up, cause when i got the kit installed, i had it tuned by the installer at AFI performance, and he is good at what he does, cause he has tuned 3 or 4 RA in the city here, and they all don't have these problems. Also i have a wideband in my car and at idle it reads around 14.7 and when i go into boost it reads around 11 to 12.

Last edited by aznRA; Jan 30, 2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no idea why you are getting a code, something needs to be looked at. I have spoken to AFI (was looking into getting a kit) and ya he knows what he is doing. I don't know enough about your set up, I have been asking and from what I hear you have a 5th injector. I know there is a company here that is doing a turbo kit and i am in contact with them once and a while and from what I have heard the 5th injector is very unpredictable and not a good way to do it, it will work but not as good as changing the injectors....but that leads to tuning problems with our cars the O2 sensor keeps fighting us in open loop other than that I dont know too much about it.....I have heard that they are close to releasing the kit so I can only assume they got the issues worked out.....

Dont fool around with the lean issue...contact the company you bought it from ask for help....only thing I can suggest
Old Jan 31, 2008, 02:30 PM

well i went to the dealership the other day and they reset the code and now it has not come back on, the kit i have is with RRM. But i guess i will go to AFi again and get them to look at it again.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to rebirth this thread... what spark plugs have you got in the car and what have you got in the way of injectors size or are you running a 1000cc 5th

I recently had a misfire in mine but mine was due to a faulty spark plug - thankfully I was driving at low speeds and low throttle so no damage was caused
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by chowetime
sorry to rebirth this thread... what spark plugs have you got in the car and what have you got in the way of injectors size or are you running a 1000cc 5th

I recently had a misfire in mine but mine was due to a faulty spark plug - thankfully I was driving at low speeds and low throttle so no damage was caused
I think the spark plug was for the 350z and i have no idea about the injector never asked but the kit is from RRM if that helps.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 07:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In boost you want to stay away from 12:1 ratio's on pump gas. 11's are great and 11.5 is a sweet target. You may have just a few lean spots in your tune. Try telling your tuner to richen it up a bit in those areas you see the 12's. That should correct the issue.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 07:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Another note... its usually the transition from off boost to mid level boosting that gets things on the lean side. An example would be 1/2 throttle from 2500rpms to 3500 rpm area where you'll see boost build and hover. WOT is easy to tune and usually at those points you'll never see 12's.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

what is the gap on your plugs? If it is too close/far away then the intensity of your spark goes down and will cause a misfire. Or you may have a bad coil plug. I would try and get an ignition scope on that thing and do a power balance. See if there is any spikes. Also you can see what your average coil/spark voltage is and also your maximum. You might have a coil that isn't discharging enough voltage. If you can have someone do some diagnosis on the ignition secondary then you can find the problem right away.