Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Eclipse 4G69 turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eclipse 4G69 turbo

Hey guys, this is my 2006 Eclipse GS, with the 4G69 engine. The ecu is different but everything else is the same as a Lancer. It's a custom kit entirely made in a friends garage. It's a t3-t4 50 trim Garrett turbo, Tial Wastegate and BOV, stainless steel all around, Kinetic intercooler, Lucas Dsm injectors, AEM FIC for a piggyback. And a lot more. I haven't dynod it yet, but we're approximating 250 whp. Tell me what you think.
Name:  setupfinished1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  78.7 KB
Name:  setupfinished2.jpg
Size:  76.0 KB
Name:  intercooler2.jpg
Size:  39.7 KB
Name:  interior.jpg
Size:  29.2 KB
Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

looks hot man, nice job
Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

beautiful...
Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow i really like that. Great job. Hows it sound?
Old Dec 25, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

It sounds sick, when the turbo starts sucking air it's like a jet engine. The exhaust is only 2.5 inches so it's not too loud. The wastegate is set at 8psi.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:53 PM

Looking Hot!!. is that an oil catch can I see by the intake filter pipe?
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

wow..that's a killer setup man!! good job
Old Dec 26, 2007, 09:40 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DClipse
The ecu is different but everything else is the same as a Lancer.
Do you know in what ways the ECU is different? I would think that the ECUs would be the same seeing as both cars on running identical engines.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

The ECU's are in fact different.... May be easier in the future for us RA guys to use an Eclipse ECU and Harness... It seems the Eclipse is much easier to manipulate...
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

I think they went to CAN bus with the next gen 4g69 vehicles. it would make the sensors and everything engine related the same, but the interface and programming different.

I am still waiting patiently for someone to want an ECU to crack. I am supposed to get with colby at tactrix sometime in the new year. last word he was out of town but they were still interested in obtaining a free ECU to crack for us. I'll pay for it and pay for the shipping, just need the green light. I have asked MalibuJack as well, but he is discouraged with the way some people handle themselves along with being busy with his personal life.

/hijack. sorry.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking setup. Did you change fuel pump and rail as well as the injectors?
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Post a fly by vid or something.. got peeps that want to know how this thing rumbles.. props on that project..!!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

The fuel pump is stock and seems to handle well. Anyway I have an Evo 9 pump coming so we'll install that soon. The ECU is CAN-BUS and will not work with most piggybacks. The reason why no one had an Eclipse done yet was because of that. But when I found out that Aem's Fic works I jumped on that. Apparently, the Evo X will have the same design ECU and MAF sensor as Eclipse. The injectors are 550 cc Lucas DSM, and the fuel rail is stock. I don't think you need to upgrade that unless you beefing up the engine and running 400 + hp. And Blue-Steel, yes that's an Oil catch can by the filter.
I will have a video and dyno sheet soon.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

very impressive. do you have a running total you care to share with everyone?

the AEM fic unit is pretty neat, to say the least. how was it able to handle the odd cam and crank signals, or does the eclipse 4g69 use different wheels? or maybe it will only retard your ignition signal?

one of the reasons the SMT-6 won't work for our engine is the two odd ignition signals shown below. they both repeat (obviously) but not in a standard pattern. the SMT-6 unit will retard an odd signal, but only one of them. so what's the deal with the FIC?

The injector intercept has got to be the best way thus far to control fuel. if they were to combine that with the method the MAPECU people have decided to control timing they would have a 100% universal unit. that unit intercepts the ignition signals going to the coil packs, so it doesn't matter what your cam and crank are doing

so you and a buddy put all of it together huh? sounds like a big project. do you have any plans for more power? very sharp looking kit, better than some of the stuff I have seen from the RRM kit on the RA
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

I would have to ask my buddy cause he's tech guy but the FIC did not give us any issues except maf sensor had to be wired back stock. It does not register the voltage. As for the power, I'm putting a boost controller and a 3" exhaust next year and raise to 10 psi. I haven't seen any shops locally do a kit this nice. My buddy is a wiz with this ****. He built his car a few times.

Quick Reply: Eclipse 4G69 turbo