Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

04 Ralliart Engine Build around RRM's Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your not allowed to say srt-4 on this website. i dont want no neons polluting my thread. lol. (my brother drives one)
Old Dec 7, 2008, 08:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
your not allowed to say srt-4 on this website. i dont want no neons polluting my thread. lol. (my brother drives one)
Actually..in OT the srt-4 is god.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled from an OT thread last week,

Originally Posted by joeyj
with the speed of light at 299,792,458 m / s, and the earth being 12,756,320 meters in diameter, one would traverse the earth in about .043 seconds time, (and that assuming one starts at light speed, not requiring any acceleration period).

The fastest speed in space set (may not be completely accurate now, but was the speed record in 2006) using both rockets, and the gravitational force of Jupiter to slingshot it, a probe on its way to pluto reached 21,000 m/s. This is only .007484% of the speed of light.

If the fastest speed ever attained by a man made object whether it be in space or on earth is only 7 one thousandths of a percent of the speed of light, I submit that there is currently no existing human technology that can accelerate an object to light speeds or beyond.
Originally Posted by pwrofturbo
I submit that you clearly have never seen an SRT-4.

Back on topic, TurboTech P.R. hasn't been on in like 3 years, does anyone know if the email in his profile is still good if one wanted to email him ?'s.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

it seems as if he left a definitive dent in history on this site...being the first intercooled turbo 4g69. 508 hp is and would be ridiculous and awesome on our cars.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

ok I'm almost ready to order parts, about one more paycheck (I make the big bucks). lol yea im a dick. anyway. im gonna order the pistons first, since the rods are probably a dime a dozen if its true we can use evo ones. heres my question, i'll ask you guys before i bother rock. i know alot of turbo'd imports run 8.5 pistons, is that a good idea with our car? since im trying to push about 24-30psi of boost? and RRM's pistons, what do they come in? thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

lower compression pistons you can run more boost IIRC

also IIRC i read somewhere 1compression ratio is about equivilent to 2psi, so 8.5 is about 17psi even tho your running NA ... or something like that ...
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

lol i never learned THAT in math classs.... but ya for the most part, turbo'd motors need lower compression, thats why i want to get 8.5 not the 9.5 i think RRM make... i'd have to have them make me a custom set...

if i hit the 500whp mark, im gonna try and get this beast in import tuner or something. that'll be some bragging rights. i know its impossible to get your own section, but i think itll be ride of the month material. but hell... if its the fastest ralliart on the planet, than MAYBE i can get my own feature lol...
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

but yea back to the question... im right in assuming RRM pistons are 9.5 right? or am i wrong. i want 8.5.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

i believe turbotech's were 8.5..so ya, maybe rrm could custom up a set..or shop around..if you look through turbotechpr's posts i believe he says somewhere what kind of pistons he was running as well..
Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

some interesting posts/quotes/facts that turbo tech posted, that i will use in my build...

"11.1" (thats fast)

"hello mi friends mi ralliart has a exelent fuel manegement system just to let you know i do have an upgrade fuel pump.independent fuel press regulator,greddy e- manage fuel manegment system that is actualy works like a safc, but i can control timing to and 2 aditional injectors."

"i am going to up grade all the internals in a near future like i sead i am going with 9.1:5 compression with ROSS forged pistons and CROWEL forged rods. "

"Just to let every body know i just instaled the exaust system in my lancer ralli art the greddy evo2 full stain less steel it look awsome. the exaust is for the lancer oz but works perfect on the ralli art , all you need is add one nut for the rear oxigen sensor."

"HELLO MY FRIENDS, I DID TOOK THE RALLIART LAST MONDAY TO THE DYNO WITH THE NEW TURBO A GARRETT/TIAL SPORT GT-35R FULL BALL BEARING .THE RESULTS 508 WHEEL HP AT 30 PSI AND 426 POUND OF TORQUE. "

"hello boe, this on race gas C16 vp. On pump gas i got 446hp at 19 psi, i got my boost controller set up at 19 psi for pump gas and the stage 2 att 30 psi on race gas i still have another stage to play with {turbosmart e-boost] this turbo is incredible{GT35RBB} a am shoure i can make even more,if theres any aftermarket cam available and cam gear.but again this turbocharger impress me the way the car spool up that turbo is amaizing i got .82 a/r on the turbine housing,but that GT turbine technology from garrett is something from another world,and the mivec helps a lot"

"My car has a engine managment system that cut be completly programable for street daly use or drag race also the boost controler has 3 diferents stages that also cut be programable 12psi,18psi,23psi i got 2 sets of tires one for the streets and one for the track."

"My car has a clutchmasters stage 4 and the engine is capable to handle thoes ponies very easy it has 8.5to1 ROSS forged pistons and crowell 1000hp."
Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

so it seems either A) he planned on using 9.1 pistons, but changed his mind and got 8.5. OR he ran 9.1 on one of his mild tunes (23psi) and ran 8.5 ratio when he had his 30psi tune and hit 508whp.

eitherway, i think im going to get 8.5. more boost.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

that's what i kinda figured too..man..i can't wait to see you do this build, you deserve something good out of your car. then once you get it all built up, custom paint job and send some pics to a tuner mag..
Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

I know I'm not a regular on here anymore. After buying my gsx, my focus has shifted dramatically! As far as lower vs higher compression, it's a balancing act since you can achieve the same amount of hp with either one. It depends on WHERE you want the power actually. You say you want to build a fast Ralliart, fast where? On the drag strip, street, or autocross? You want to tailor your engine's power to where it'll be used most often. Drag strip? Go low compression and high boost since you'll be revving for the moon most often. Street or auto-x? You want more torque and hp in the low to mid range since most guys or corners aren't inclined to let you stay in the top of the rpm range where your power is in a drag car. I think for all around driving and auto-x, a evo III (non GT from china) 16g should spool fast enough and will hold up to 22-25 psi consistently enough with a 2.4l as would a much more expensive GT30. A 35 would be pure high rev (high lag too) power and most of the dsm guys running them ARE using N2O to get spool times down on the strip. If you're looking at a drag car, check into the best valvesprings you can get since most mitsu kill an engine by dropping a valve THEN launching the rod as I think you've already found out. I don't know if they're a supporting vendor anymore but RPW in australia is very knowledgeable about standalone's for mitsu's plus they're straight nuts living on the ragged edge! Good luck with the build, hope you set some records with it!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

good advice. thanks...

and i completly forgot about RPW. i'd have to look into that...

and on a MORE POSITIVE NOTE... i just got laid off at work. so instead of buying a motor, im probably going to buy a bullet, and rent a gun...

this is going to SLOW DOWN the building process. but nonetheless, it will be done by summer i hope. gonna order pistons first, than a valvetrain and rods next.

what should i do bout the crankshaft?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

bl about being laid off, but good luck with the build

just a few Q, with the greedy emanage, did he use it along side with the standard ECU, like a piggyback type thing or is it a complete standalone?

edit: also is there a specific version, coz i searched and is it the emanage blue ? and do we need a custom harness? etc

Last edited by stEVOx; Dec 14, 2008 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: 04 Ralliart Engine Build around RRM's Turbo Kit