Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

CrAnSwIcK's 4G69 Build: Phase 2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats man! Can't wait to see it in action
Old Nov 27, 2015, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
so I guess I need to change my signature, cause I'm currently only running 6psi...lol

It's really sluggish because I'm not at all tuned for 6psi at WOT...it's rich because I had it set to go super rich at full throttle, for when I was running 16psi, so I need to do some tuning, but my wideband is finicky at the moment because one of the pins in the harness is corroded...have a new harness but need to route it and connect it which means pulling apart the A-pillar which is kind of a pain...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Yay!!! So she's running again? Pics? Videos? Glad to hear she's alive. So now that you know the limits of tge stock internals, where do you go now? Built block?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Yay!!! So she's running again? Pics? Videos? Glad to hear she's alive. So now that you know the limits of tge stock internals, where do you go now? Built block?
about 12-14psi and no higher

built engine will depend on if I can find a good deal on a block, if I can find a block for cheap, I will seriously consider looking for a suitable set of pistons.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Just by looking at the pics. I think you probably broke off the rod bolts/studs. This has always been a problem with oem components subject to FI. If in a budget.. this is what I'm actually building but my goals are much less than others since it is for a swap into a 2100lbs car.

Decked block .040" to use EVO 9 OEM Rods with ARP studs. Again not the best route to take but in my case I didn't want to fork out for a brand new set of eagle rods and the machining cost was almost free so it was a no brainer. EVO 8 and 9 rods are proven to withstand 400+WHP with a good tune just need to add some ARP fasteners in there and make sure to balance the rotating hardware.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migueralliart
Just by looking at the pics. I think you probably broke off the rod bolts/studs. This has always been a problem with oem components subject to FI. If in a budget.. this is what I'm actually building but my goals are much less than others since it is for a swap into a 2100lbs car.

Decked block .040" to use EVO 9 OEM Rods with ARP studs. Again not the best route to take but in my case I didn't want to fork out for a brand new set of eagle rods and the machining cost was almost free so it was a no brainer. EVO 8 and 9 rods are proven to withstand 400+WHP with a good tune just need to add some ARP fasteners in there and make sure to balance the rotating hardware.
I would be surprised if the rods failed before the piston, unless it was due to oil starvation. if the bottom of the rod failed first I wouldn't expect to see the piston blown into a thousand pieces. 3 holes in the block and 4 in the oil pan makes me think that the piston exploded first and then crank shaft flailed the rod around the crank case for some time before jamming on something and being smashed apart. I suspect knock/detonation...I was running roughly 18psi trough it from 20g compressor...something was bound to go wrong...

be sure to post the progress and results of your build.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Hey man! Havent heard from you in a while. Gotten anything done to the car lately?

I had some weird dream that I was getting ready for the shootout last night. LOL! You going again this year?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Hey man! Havent heard from you in a while. Gotten anything done to the car lately?

I had some weird dream that I was getting ready for the shootout last night. LOL! You going again this year?

not really, after getting it running again, I've just been driving it to work, and back on wastegate pressure...I would like to try electronic boost control. I will be booking time off for the shootout, so the plan is yes, but I need to sort a few things out before then, I have a bad CV joint, so I need to take the axles out and send them off again, one of my e-brake cables snapped, abs wheel speed sensor died, I need new summer tires this year, but I want to go wider so I would need new wheel for that, and I just bought a new house that was considerably more expensive than my old house, lol...
Old Mar 10, 2016, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Congratulations on the new house. Same area?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartN
Congratulations on the new house. Same area?
just up the road...same postal code, only an extra 5 minutes to work, further out of town but still on natural gas. just north of the 401 at the wooler road exit, so when you come to visit, turn left off the off-ramp instead of right

3 bed, 2 bath, full basement, 2 car attached garage with 10 ft ceilings, central vac, central air, 1/2 acre, quiet street...everything we wanted...well, ideally I'd prefer my back yard not to border someone else back yard, but to keep the kids in the same school I couldn't be too picky. :wink:
Old Mar 10, 2016, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

congrats man! gotta come by and visit sometime soon the weather has been nice lately and i hope it stays that way haha. take care man!
Old Mar 11, 2016, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats man! Wife and I are house shopping right now. She's really picky Id about setup where ever. LOL Sounds like you got a nice place though.

Ive got a friend who builds electronic boost controllers. Its pretty much the exact same thing Cobb sells to Speed3 and Subaru guys. They are actually from the same wholeseller, but he puts his own stainless steel fittings on them and sells them for cheaper. Ive not looked into it yet so Im not sure how you'd wire it in but if your interested I can hook you up!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

I'm waiting on some info from hackish to see if we have any means of controlling boost via the ECU and a boost solenoid...in the mean time I may pick up an AEM truboost.

on another note, I picked up a set of 08 WRX 560cc injectors.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I'm waiting on some info from hackish to see if we have any means of controlling boost via the ECU and a boost solenoid...in the mean time I may pick up an AEM truboost.

on another note, I picked up a set of 08 WRX 560cc injectors.
nice job man! you finally found them! iirc you were looking for those a while back. can't wait to see the car man
Old Mar 29, 2016, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
" 2 car attached garage with 10 ft ceilings "

You will love that !!!

Here are some inspirational pics :

Quick Reply: CrAnSwIcK's 4G69 Build: Phase 2