Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
I'd rather be with a group of Lancers this time instead of solo...
I'm going to try to make it this year...last year my best friend got married the same week...I took the time off work and everything...but went out east instead.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
LOL Im hoping to go again this year. I got married right around that weekend last year too. Wife keeps talking about going on vacation in August. Need to remind her of the shootout.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am coming up Friday from Southern Ohio. Josh let me know if you wanna meet up. I am guessing you will be taking I-75 North up...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikemike396
I am coming up Friday from Southern Ohio. Josh let me know if you wanna meet up. I am guessing you will be taking I-75 North up...
Yes sir I will! That'd be awesome! Maybe I should work on getting both of the RA's working this summer and get Jorge to drive the other one up!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Keep me in the loop for I'll keep it open as an option as well...maybe I can bring the family and use the Shootout as a 1-2 day stopover on a vacation to see my daughter in Wisconsin.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

DSM/EVO/GT-R SHOOTOUT!! August 7-9th, 2015. For full rules and information visit here:
http://highboostforum.com/forum/show...294-23rd-ANNUA
http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/292
Old Apr 8, 2015, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Keep me in the loop for I'll keep it open as an option as well...maybe I can bring the family and use the Shootout as a 1-2 day stopover on a vacation to see my daughter in Wisconsin.

Well boys! appearently there's good shopping in Sandusky, if you need to convince your wife or mistress to come along for the ride...though might be hard getting there when the car is on the track
Old Apr 8, 2015, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Found my car again @ 8 - 18 sec's:
Old Apr 15, 2015, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

No pictures/videos yet but I just got back from the Motorsports Park in Millville, New Jersey (NJMP), after my first outing on one of it's two tracks, the 2.25 mile Thunderbolts track, wohoooo!

After three initial pace car laps with the Novice instructor, about eight of us, to include a Chevy Corvette, a Miata, and myself, the only Mitsubishi, were let loose on our own (obeying course rules, flags, signals, etc.) for three (20) minute sessions over a period of about 3.5 hours. We rotated with a small Intermediate and an Advanced group which kept the rotations quick, and downtime to a minimum. I really had no clue to what comfort level I was about to be pushed to...

I left the the pits in the "pole position" on our first outing and quickly saw a blue Ford Focus up my rear in my "rear" view mirror (maybe that's why they call it that). Instead of giving him the "passing sign" I assumed I was going too slow so I picked up my pace and started putting distance between us, especially in the next set of turns. After hitting 110mph on the half mile straight, then trying to navigate a near hairpin turn, I found myself spinning out, yet remaining on the asphalt. Things were starting to get real! I was the only vehicle to receive the black/debri on the track flags three times, from spinning out and leaving the track twice (two tires off, and into the infield grass), in the entire group. The evening ended when my fuel light came on one lap before the last session was called. My car survived flawlessly as far as I can tell and I made it to the fuel station so I could return home!

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 15, 2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

This is awesome! I'd love to go to a big track like this some day. They just built one down here in Bowling Green where the Corvette Factory is. I'd like to go try it out some time.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

what is your alignment? and what tires were you using?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's fantastic Truth, you are living the dream man.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
This is awesome! I'd love to go to a big track like this some day. They just built one down here in Bowling Green where the Corvette Factory is. I'd like to go try it out some time.

Unfortunately, I'm still a newb with the GoPro and waited way too late to figure out the set up and had the camera on multi frame instead of video, so no video this time. Regardless, they had a pro photographer onsite that was shooting pictures and I saw him barreling that 10" lens down on my front end a few times from the tower. We met up with him at the end of the evening and he gave us his card and said to email him with our info and he'd send us the shots he got!

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 16, 2015 at 06:12 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
That's fantastic Truth, you are living the dream man.

Nah, my focus has changed dramatically over the last seven years, and it's not motorsports. This is as close as I'll ever get to being a "race car driver" and something I've always wondered about, hence the reason for doing what I did with the car. Thank God for my wife for funding all of this for me! She's still pissed at me this morning because I yelled at her before I left for the track yesterday...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^^ I think getting your wife to pay AND going to the track constitutes a dream sir.
I know that the first one will only happen in MY dreams LOLOLOL.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build