Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Old Apr 10, 2017, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by slc-ralliart
Yeah that is really strange. You almost have to assume something was messed up during the install since it didn't happen before the valves were done. I was just saying it is strange for valve float to just start happening out of nowhere.
Or something else was damaged or messed up during the timing belt insult. Meanwhile, my car sits in his yard without having been touched going on the second week.
Old May 23, 2017, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

An AEM High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump was installed with no change in symptoms...

I need my car back...I can't do this any longer, smh.
Old May 24, 2017, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Man this sucks... I wish I could come up and help you figure this thing out... :/
The following users liked this post:
truthdweller (Jun 12, 2017)
Old May 30, 2017, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Man this sucks... I wish I could come up and help you figure this thing out... :/
Just picked it up from the shop today. Timing belt re-tightened, and AEM fuel pump installed. Nothing has changed...still with loss of power WOT @ 5000 rpm. Can't dump any more money into it like this so put it back in my garage.

Pulled out of the driveway to go fishing and car dies. I'm throwing a P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor again. Was able to restart it and put it back in the garage. This is a recurring issue so I'm going to replace it once and for all...hope it solves the big picture as well.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Picking up the crankshaft sensor tomorrow...towing the car to another shop to have them install it.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller

Picking up the crankshaft sensor tomorrow...towing the car to another shop to have them install it.
Decided to take the risk of driving it to the shop and made it without incident. Picked up the car today, crankshaft sensor replaced...but no change, "darn it Jim!"...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Something is going on mechanically...again, I'm pushing the dipstick out when I boost. I can't rev past 5500 rpms PERIOD! Whether I'm WOT or not, I can't get past 5500 rpms. It's as if it hits a limiter and won't progress. Wth happened? If I'm WOT, and it hits that "limit", the transmission won't upshift either... UNLESS I back off the throttle a bit, and THEN it'll shift, but I still can't get past 5500 rpms in the next higher gear.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Something is going on mechanically...again, I'm pushing the dipstick out when I boost. I can't rev past 5500 rpms PERIOD! Whether I'm WOT or not, I can't get past 5500 rpms. It's as if it hits a limiter and won't progress. Wth happened? If I'm WOT, and it hits that "limit", the transmission won't upshift either... UNLESS I back off the throttle a bit, and THEN it'll shift, but I still can't get past 5500 rpms in the next higher gear.
hey not sure if you've tried it or checked yet but what if your pcv valve is stuck closed thus you're pressurizing the crank case putting stress on the internals? Not sure if it would cause the problem you're having, it sounds like something happened when they rebuilt your head... if you google search cheap cylinder heads there's a company based in Texas that sells rebuilt heads you just have to send them your head as a core. I got my replacement head from them and it looks badass. I've been slowly putting my car back together trying to remember where everything goes after two years. Hope you get this all figured out you're the original sport back AT turbo ralliart a role model for all
The following 2 users liked this post by RacerX-Ralliart:
Resurrected RA (Jun 8, 2017), truthdweller (Jun 12, 2017)
Old Jun 8, 2017, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
I got my replacement head from them and it looks badass. I've been slowly putting my car back together trying to remember where everything goes after two years.
Same here, it's amazing what I've forgotten in the year and half since my timing belt went and I pulled the head... Somehow, after taking great care to not lose any bolts, I can't find certain bolts...
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
hey not sure if you've tried it or checked yet but what if your pcv valve is stuck closed thus you're pressurizing the crank case putting stress on the internals?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...l#post11721352
Old Jun 9, 2017, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slc-ralliart
Does your car have excessive oil consumption? Also does your crankcase/oil smell like gas? I had excessive blowby in my BMW that would push the dipstick out of the hole.
What was the cause of this blowby?

Last edited by truthdweller; Jun 11, 2017 at 02:18 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Meanwhile, the P0133 O2 Sensor (B1 S1) popped back up. Going to replace this too, since it is reoccurring as well. Maybe this is the cause of my HORRIBLE gas mileage, and rich status when boosting.

Btw, I'm just made of money so, I'm good, no problem...
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This must be quite frustrating "Truth." Hopefully you make some head way soon and everything works out. As always keep us posted.
truthdweller (Jun 12, 2017)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What was the cause of this blowby?

I bored the engine my BMW .90 over from a 1.8 to 2.1 liter. The early BMW's (mine was an 82) did not have strong cylinder walls. My cylinder walls went egg shaped a few thousand miles after the engine rebuild causing excessive blow-by which created a lot of crank case pressure.
truthdweller (Jun 21, 2017)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Angel at Technica Motorworks has agreed to reopen my motor and recheck his work. He agrees that something may have been missed / reassembled incorrectly. I'll be bringing it in in about two weeks. Thank God.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build