Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Wow really, your making your wagon a track car?I would be looking for coil overs, and every single suspension part available. Then go to get some interior cag made, because I'm sure the wagon has enough power to loose control , maybe even flip now. I'd work on preventing that, have you gone to some road courses? And what kind of "track car" are you building strip, autox, road course ? Have you looked up what you can and can't do for whatever particular class you plan to enter? There's nothing fun about h
aving to remove a modification because you don't qualify with it installed ,
The whole reason for joining evolutionm.net was a realization that I could finally get the opportunity to take my street car to a local track and play on the weekends (if that). Yes, I'm going to put my wagon on the track...with my Tein coilovers, upgraded brakes, and rear stabilizer bar. If you have some extra money laying around I'd certainly welcome it to upgrade my suspension further. I've already spoke to the local track rep and all he wanted to know was the make/model of the car i was driving and the mods that have been done to it...oh yes, and made sure I was aware of what VIP benefits were available, for a nominal fee...$$$! Instructional classes and vehicle safety checks are mandatory in order to qualify to track your DD on their two courses: Thunderbolt Raceway featuring 2.25 miles of asphalt, 14 challenging turns, a one half mile straightway, and, the 1.9 mile Northern Circuit is known as Lightning Raceway. This 10 corner circuit is fast and challenging featuring some of the most interesting and dramatic corners and elevation changes in the park. Progressive speed limits are also available (http://www.njmp.com/).

As for making a for sale thread , I'm not sure if I understand your statement. If there are already wtb threads for a wideband that's fine and well but none of those people are going to contact you if they have one for sale. That's why you should make your own wtb thread or even just do a searches in the for sale sections. A wideband will work for all cars so you don't have to go just to the lancet for sale section, they can be found in any for sale section.
I found multiple FS threads on AFR/Wideband gauges that answer my WTB needs, so
there's no need to create one of my own...hope this helps.

Last edited by truthdweller; Nov 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
Sssshhhhh don't let him know that I'm looking for some gauges! I bought a digital aem wideband for 150 you can find some non digital for 120-130 I don't think I've seen them go for 100

Thanks RXR...I just found this: " I have a AEM Wideband UEGO Air Fuel Ratio Gauge that has been used for all of about 4 hours total if that for sale for $120 shipped. bought failsafe gauge and dont need this one anymore."

Last edited by truthdweller; Nov 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:30 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
The whole reason for joining evolutionm.net was a realization that I could finally get the opportunity to take my street car to a local track and play on the weekends (if that). Yes, I'm going to put my wagon on the track...with my Tein coilovers, upgraded brakes, and rear stabilizer bar. If you have some extra money laying around I'd certainly welcome it to upgrade my suspension further. I've already spoke to the local track rep and all he wanted to know was the make/model of the car i was driving and the mods that have been done to it...oh yes, and made sure I was aware of what VIP benefits were available, for a nominal fee...$$$! Instructional classes and vehicle safety checks are mandatory in order to qualify to track your DD on their two courses: Thunderbolt Raceway featuring 2.25 miles of asphalt, 14 challenging turns, a one half mile straightway, and, the 1.9 mile Northern Circuit is known as Lightning Raceway. This 10 corner circuit is fast and challenging featuring some of the most interesting and dramatic corners and elevation changes in the park. Progressive speed limits are also available (http://www.njmp.com/).

I found multiple FS threads on AFR/Wideband gauges that answer my WTB needs, so
there's no need to create one of my own...hope this helps.

Alright sounds like you have a decent plan of attack. As for "extra money" I donated to the Hurricane Sandy families that lost loved ones, I think they can put it to better use

Next time your up at that track get some pics up
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks RXR...I just found this: " I have a AEM Wideband UEGO Air Fuel Ratio Gauge that has been used for all of about 4 hours total if that for sale for $120 shipped. bought failsafe gauge and dont need this one anymore."

Bummer, already sold for $115
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

tracks are not cheap, that's for sure!

Last edited by truthdweller; Nov 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Damn sweet deal were was that posted?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
Damn sweet deal were was that posted?
I typed in "used AFR guage for sale" and this was one:

http://www.psychobike.com/forums/gar...e-sale-li.html

I text his cell and offered him $100... this was his response:

" It sold for $115 but thank u"

Last edited by truthdweller; Nov 7, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:17 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Yeah you gotta be quick ,but just keep your eyes peeled there are always widebands in the for sale sections.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine for $160 brand new from amazon. Not bad for new.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldnt you remove the crash bar to fit a larger intercooler?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
isn't that illegal? i knowof guys who do it, but for track-only cars....
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

You can do anything once!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:19 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

You can do anything once!
Exactly, once you remove the front crash bar, there is very little stopping the motor from becoming a passenger in your car from a head on collision. Life>big intercooler
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Garrett, I'm a little confused on the turbo to manifold flange pattern on this. Will this work on Michael's manifold, the "T04b" determines the " (4) bolt flange pattern correct, and the T04E is the (5) bolt pattern?

http://level304media.com/level304tur...&product_id=52

Also...

Without the "J" pipe, this will be the downpipe coming off the five bolt,."Ford Style" turbine housing, that the description is referring to, correct?

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Nov 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
T04 relates to the compressor side (cold side) of the turbo, the lettering could relate to compressor A/R or size/design of the compressor wheel or something, the hotside or turbine housing is that of a T3, all T3 5-bolts should fit that downpipe...

as far as a downpipe without the "j-pipe" for the external wastegate, the downpipe would have to be significantly modified, because if you used a 5 bolt T3 internal wastegate adapter, it would change the dimensions of the downpipe...that is if you intended on using that particular downpipe...

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build