Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by truthdweller
Yes...I've been holding onto the assumption that it should dyno at no less than what Brent's did...same engine, relatively same set up...won't be long till we find out.
What did Brents dyno at?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah okay I have seen this video before. Didn't realize this was Brents car. Interesting
Old Apr 23, 2013, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Ottralliart05's (Brent) signature reveals it as well:

************** TURBO KIT RUNNING ON THE ****** TURBO MAPPING/ECU RE-FLASH Dyno Proven 250whp 257wtq

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 23, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Comparing cars that have the same set up or "relatively same set up" may not be the best thing, especially if one of them is an AT. Different Dyno's different temps blah blah blah we all know why Dyno's are not the most accurate way to judge. Only way really know is here is the base line and here is the end result, with the same operating conditions. I hope you reach your goals but you may end up with a fast car with different numbers than mine. FYI i had my car on a Dyna Pac in Montreal and it did 265hp and 269tq BUT feels a bit less than Hack's kit. Again Different Dyno Different day and the kit is "relatively same set up"

I am just saying don't be disappointed if you do 225whp in an auto trans on a Mustang Dyno, that is still a good gain for that car considering the AT and where you get the Dyno done. Not mention the Tuner, he makes all the difference. I am still playing with my tune and making little adjustments and the car keeps getting better. What I have done in 2 months would take Hack 2 hours, thats why custom tuning costs as much as it does.

Last edited by OttRalliart05; Apr 24, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
Comparing cars that have the same set up or "relatively same set up" may not be the best thing...

It's going to be faster than your's Brent...

I won't be disappointed if it's less horsepower for I am just excited to get this finished and am hoping out loud. It's going to be faster than it is now, one way or the other, and I'm still holding to the general rule of thumb, cc/100 (2378/100 = 238) is the maximum horsepower this stock engine should safely handle. If it produces these numbers I'll be more than happy!

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 24, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It will be faster thats for sure!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Not mention the Tuner, he makes all the difference.
Speaking of, will the tuner need to use the UVTune software?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So stoked for you, I'm excited to see this finished!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

I'm still stressing over this...so what's new?!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

stand by...

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 24, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by mikemike396
Ah okay I have seen this video before. Didn't realize this was Brents car. Interesting
That's hackish behind the wheel

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Speaking of, will the tuner need to use the UVTune software?
yeah, UVtune is the only software out there that has the proper definitions to flash our ECU's...once you download your ROM, you open the file into UVtune and you can edit the tables, save the new file, reload new file, write to ECU...your local tuner should be able to figure it out...
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
That's hackish behind the wheel...

The Legend (c/o: Skype profile):

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 25, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
Comparing cars that have the same set up or "relatively same set up" may not be the best thing, especially if one of them is an AT…I am just saying don't be disappointed if you do 225whp in an auto trans…that is still a good gain for that car considering the AT…
Interesting...

" Turbochargers for Automatics

Many people wonder if it’s a good idea to put a turbocharger on a car with an automatic transmission.They’ve heard horror stories that it will mess up the transmission in no time.

A great many turbocharged performance cars have automatic transmissions in them. The old school Buick Grand National and GNX only came with automatics and they were plenty fast. Audi puts out a number of turbocharged cars with automatic transmission, and so does Porsche. In fact, many high-horsepower cars on the road today come with an automatic transmission including Jaguar, Bentley, Corvette, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes Benz, and many others. The Bentley is particularly noteworthy because it’s 412-cubic inch turbocharged V8 slams well over 600 ft./lbs. of torque through an automatic transmission.

Many people are under the misconception that automatics are weak, when the fact is that their basic mechanical elements are strong, and in some cases, stronger than a manual transmission. Automatics use planetary gear sets instead of meshing only two gears at a time as a manual transmission does. Planetary gear sets are actually made up of six gears that are in constant contact with each other. This eliminates the need for synchronizers, and for meshing and un-meshing the gears when a shift is required. Additionally, because torque is absorbed through multiple gear contact areas, a planetary gear set can be made smaller and lighter than standard transmission gears and still maintain very high levels of strength.

The thing that kills automatic transmissions is heat. Heat is generated from a number of sources in the transmission. The multiple clutch packs (usually four clutch plates in two separate packs) in automatic transmissions generate a lot of this heat, and because they are designed to slip to provide comfortable, smooth shifts, they can wear prematurely when a lot of power is put through them. The cure for this is to install a shift kit to increase the hydraulic pressure applied to these clutches to allow them to hold more firmly and to slip less. The transmission will shift harder, and more noticeably, but will generate less heat and last longer under high power abuse. A good transmission oil cooler will also be a big help in allowing an automatic to live under abusive conditions.

One more thing in the automatic’s favor is shift speed. No matter what anybody tells you, an automatic shifts faster than any manual, no matter who is rowing the gears. Additionally, power flow is not interrupted like it is when you step on the clutch in a manual equipped car. Sure, some people can shift manuals without hitting the clutch, but those gearboxes won’t last long under all that abuse.

You may have noticed if you follow import drag racing that some teams are switching over to automatics in their mega-horsepower race cars. The reasons are pretty simple, less breakage, more tunability, and more consistent performance. Sure, manual transmissions are fun to drive, but automatics are up to performance applications with the proper preparation." - http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/tur...ans-240sx.html
Old Apr 25, 2013, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
that's pretty legit...but i still like my clutch

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build