Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
there would be a port to bypass the turbine on the hot side...the picture below is a t3/t4 with the capability for an internal wastegate...

this is the kit required to actually use it, otherwise you would just block it off with a flange and run an external wastegate...

Old Oct 5, 2012, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How about the bolt pattern to this GT SPEC EXHAUST TURBO MANIFOLD 03 04 05 06 LANCER EVO8 RS EVO9 MR CT9A manifold, the bottom appears the same as mine...how about the top? What turbo flanges will fit this?

Last edited by truthdweller; Oct 5, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

that manifold fits stock evo 8/9 twin scroll turbos, the head flange doesn't work and the turbo flange will limit you to OEM mitsu turbos of that generation, or aftermarket variations.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Yep that's what I anticipated. I think I did it for the benefit of those that didn't know and at the same time wanted to learn something that I didn't know if I didn't already know??? Anyhow, I'm still in the market to buy Michaels manifold and charge piping, and Brent is going to modify his rebuilt turbocharger, which I think he said was a Garrett, with an internal wastegate and sell me that. I will still be missing the downpipe but that shouldn't be too much of a problem having that locally fabricated. The charge pipe coming off the turbo cool side to the intercooler is going to be tight but doable, so I'm told. The rest of it should fit like the manual transmission.

Money is the biggest issue at this time since I've spent nearly all of my nest egg after the fall of the turbokits project. For instance, I had to replace my front lip after having it ripped off after a hard rain, with one of RRM's carbon fiber pieces, which I've been waiting for for the last 9 weeks. I'm being told it's finally going to arrive if it hasn't already today. along with a transmission cooler which I purchased at a comp price for having to wait so long for the lip. AND, after all that, I'm going to be getting my ECU back from Michael and finally going to be able to take care of the fuel management steps that I've been waiting so patiently to do as well. Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm going in for surgery on Friday 12 to have a herniated disc removed away from pushing into my spinal cord! Yep, I'm laying right here in my wife's Lexus RX 350, medicated, wiith a numb and tingling right arm, and I still have 7 days to go for this procedure to be done, so pray for my comfort from now until then. If you don't hear from me after the 12th well, then, you know what happened. I think I'll officially will my car to Brent since he knows what needs to be done...........NOT!

Cheers!

Last edited by truthdweller; Oct 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

with an internal wastegate the downpipe is easy to fabricate...i haven't seen an automatic RA in person, but i could tell by looking at it if the upper charge pipe would fit...it depends on whether theres enough room to clear between the valve body cover. after that everything would be roughly the same. take your time with the money...and keep doing your research...
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey Truth. Just FYI, I didnt know if you knew this yet or not but you will have to replace and relocate your radiator reservoir so that you can get your UICP to fit in the automatic. The tranny is so big it leaves no room to snake piping around the stock one. Blaire had to do this as well.

My suggestion. Do a battery relocate or mini battery mod and put a small reservoir where the battery currently sits. Its right next to where the stock one is and will free up the space you need for the turbo piping.

If you were already aware of this then just disregard.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

bakuro, thanks for the input, i wasn't sure, cause with mine, the pipe comes up past the stock overflow reservoir, but like i said, i've never actually seen the actual size of the valve body cover on the A/T...
Old Oct 5, 2012, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks a bunch! Any pics of that mod would be helpful too!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Im getting ready to do it. I got a mini battery that Im going to be relocating to my trunk soon. Then I'll be working on relocating that reservoir so that I can put a more efficient Intake on mine.

But yea definitely, I will get you some pictures so you can see what could be done.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

There's a PR guy here too that turbos as a side job...he showed me the battery in the trunk option on his Galant.

Here's some of his work here in New Jersey::

Last edited by truthdweller; Oct 16, 2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

I'm still in the market to buy Michaels manifold

Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That's puurty does he have two by any chance hahaha
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

RRM's Oversized Transmission Cooler

Front clip off, cooler mounted in frnt of driver wheel well (spent WAY too much time trying to fit it up front):

Last edited by truthdweller; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Bracket bent up to bring cooler out ~(1"), using #14 x 2" sheet metal screws to secure top of cooler (required new holes drilled).

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build