Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You know, I thought about the pads that can be used for both street and track and this is what I found...

EBC Bluestuff and Hawk HP Plus are both made to perform both on street and track. EBC doesn't have Bluestuff for my car, only the Evos. Hawk has pads for my car but they rate 5 star for braking and one for low dust. This is the same for the EBC Yellowstuff which as you recall, I had prior and removed because I couldn't stay up with the dust storms on the street. I'd be repeating the dust issues on the street if I went with the street/track pads, so I ordered the yellowstuff pads and will fit them a week before race day, use them to turn the old bedding off the rotors, then bed them before raceday. After the races I'll refit the redstuffs back.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I use hawk HPS...HP plus are a little more aggressive than I need.
Old May 27, 2014, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Virtual Dyno...

With OEM curb weight of 3042 and 240 lbs of passengers:

...after an accurate scale weight of 3160 (with 10 gallons of fuel and my 170lbs):

Old May 27, 2014, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

With that 3160 scale weight I can deduct that my car weighs about 2925 lbs "today." I minused 170 for me, and 65 lbs. for 10 gal of unleaded fuel @ ~6.5 lbs per gal.

Last edited by truthdweller; May 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
They stopped making super blue. Luckily I bought extra before I did my brake job so I have another bottle of it in the garage.

There is an Amber kind of DOT4 I have heard of that is suppose to be virtually the same as super blue. I cant remember what its called though.

"For race applications, vehicle owners will often alternate fluid flushes between ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid and ATE TYP 200 Amber Brake Fluid. The identical specifications of the fluid and color difference make it easy to know when the old fluid is completely flushed out of the system."
Old May 28, 2014, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

A run from this morning in 59 F weather as opposed to 84 yesterday...

Old Jun 13, 2014, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

The rack has been replaced and I'm finally running bump and clunk free, finally! Now, the LSD install...

Edit: I had a little mishap after getting fuel yesterday...

I was sitting at the light waiting to make a left hand turn when I noted a whisp of white smoke in the air to my right. At first I thought it was the SUV sitting next to me but when it got a little thicker I realized it was coming up from my hood vent! The light just turned green so I quickly darted into the nearest driveway, pulled into a parking lot and shut the car down. I released the hood latches and popped the hood to find my exhaust manifold smoking. I also quickly noted red fluid sprayed on the valve cover, my radiator fan covered in it, and the bottom of my car saturated and dripping. I just had the rack replaced so I'm sure you're thinking what I was thinking. Well, the rack and fittings appeared to be dry. Luckily, after a few phone calls and my brother in law showing up to help, when the engine was turned over with me on my back under the car, a heavy stream of transmission fluid was noted to be coming from one of the tranny cooler hoses. The hose had been cut through by one of the plastic radiator fan shroud fins. I had some spare fuel line hose in the back so it was repaired relatively quickly. Thank God it wasn't the transmission!

Last edited by truthdweller; Jun 15, 2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added info
Old Jun 24, 2014, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Great video! nice to see you having some fun with the Sportback!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Pwr steering fluid reservoir half full with fluid noted under the car...back to the shop that installed my rack on Monday...no further comment.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks...the good thing is that you had a shop do, so you have someone else to blame...
Old Jul 6, 2014, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn! Hope you get to sort out everything
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilentCool
Damn! Hope you get to sort out everything

Knowing my history, it's not going to be anything the shop did/didn't do, its going to be the PS pump! The shop is the least path of resistance before I crawl back up under there myself is all. I get lazy real quick!
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Knowing my history, it's not going to be anything the shop did/didn't do, its going to be the PS pump! The shop is the least path of resistance before I crawl back up under there myself is all. I get lazy real quick!
changing the pump isn't that bad. took me a while, but when I did it, it was winter still, outside, and I had to take warm up breaks, and had to keep all my tools warm by stuffing them in the depths of my winter clothing.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
changing the pump isn't that bad. took me a while, but when I did it, it was winter still, outside, and I had to take warm up breaks, and had to keep all my tools warm by stuffing them in the depths of my winter clothing.

This made me smile, then again, epics always sound better around the "camp fire!"

Last edited by truthdweller; Jul 16, 2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Christine's new home:

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build