Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Hi! Looking to turbo my 04 lancer need guidance

Old Apr 24, 2022, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hi! Looking to turbo my 04 lancer need guidance

I recently got an 04 lancer sportback from my uncle dirt cheap for my new daily. I believe it's the 2.4l It has aftermarket wheels, suspension upgrades (I think), an aftermarket muffler. It's pretty loud and it scoots just a tiny bit. But, I want more power. I've been reading anything I can find about this car but this will be my first project and I have absolutely no idea where to start. Any advice? I'm not looking for crazy power because I plan to get a project n54 soon, I just love the way this car feels with the power & torque now and I want stutututututu in my life. Pictures are attached because I'm not entirely sure if what I have is stock or not feel free to comment on that as well! If you have any videos as well I'd love to see. Thanks, I hope someone sees this

Old May 8, 2023, 06:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you ever turbo the car? I'm starting a project this summer to turbo mine. Bought a few parts already that I found good deals on. Trying to slowly buy/build what I need to not break the bank.
Old May 8, 2023, 06:54 PM

Did you ever turbo the car? I'm starting a project this summer to turbo mine. Bought a few parts already that I found good deals on. Trying to slowly buy/build what I need to not break the bank.
Old May 10, 2023, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AcceleratedAuto
Hey! So actually my timing belt grenaded itself on the highway and in the midst of me tearing he engine apart and fixing, which I pretty much did I was waiting on one part (have plenty footage), it was abruptly towed and auctioned b/c of apartment rules etc etc. What parts have you come across already? I have a full build part list I could send you if you'd like as well as a few more helpful threads. I plan to buy another soon and turbo it still so I've kept it. Just let me know!
Old May 10, 2023, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by hellbishi
Hey! So actually my timing belt grenaded itself on the highway and in the midst of me tearing he engine apart and fixing, which I pretty much did I was waiting on one part (have plenty footage), it was abruptly towed and auctioned b/c of apartment rules etc etc. What parts have you come across already? I have a full build part list I could send you if you'd like as well as a few more helpful threads. I plan to buy another soon and turbo it still so I've kept it. Just let me know!
Oh man! What a bummer!

I've only bought an AEM air/fuel gauge and sensor and a stainless t3/t4 turbo manifold. My buddy gave me a Garrett turbo. I forgot the model. It needs a rebuild though.

I have a bunch of parts saved too. I would love to see your build list and any threads you have saved.

I even took it up a notch and bought an Evo 6 speed transmission. It bolts up to the 4G69 and I'm going to make it AWD. Bought it for super cheap but it needs a rebuild.

What were you planning on doing to tune the car?