Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Old Aug 8, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Well, the Turbokits.com "ride" was exciting, although disappointing in the end, but I just can't stop there. So, I'll start this thread and maybe sometime in the near future I'll have figured out how to get this build finished. For now, through the advice of Hackish I'm taking care of the fuel management requirements in preparation to run the same turbokit as OttRalliart05 but, because my financial situation suddenly changed, I'll have to purchase the manifold, piping, intercooler, and parts later. As of right now I've bought the Tactrix cable/connector, (550)cc injectors, (3) bar MAP, and Hackish's Turbo / NA reflash combo. I'm taking care of the "Set Up and Reading Your ROM" prerequisites with the Tactrix cable tethered to my laptop as we speak. I have the MAP, and the injectors should arrive soon. I'll try to document with photos and helpful comments the best I can as I go.

Regarding whether the turbo reflash will run my AT once the kit, and reflash is installed, Hackish said this, "I haven't tuned an automatic with the TurboKits.com kit on it yet, only a MT. All the auto cars I've done so far were custom kits."

I commented, "...your tune hasn't been worked out for this particular kit on an AT, what if my car isn't driveable once the kit is installed and the reflash is uploaded? I'm confident that you can figure this all out but I'm just ten hours away from you and trying to provision any problems."

Hackish: "If it was my first 10 tunes I wouldn't be confident. I've been at this since 2000 and have tuned over 1000 vehicles. I'm not worried about it running well enough for you to drive up here. You obviously can't hammer it every second and hit full boost all the time but driven like someone older than 16 it will be fine."

At (49) years young, that's good enough for me.

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 8, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good luck, I think you have enough enthusiasm and perseverance to overcome any issues that may arise.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
cool man, so are you buying brent's production sample kit, or the original? i really like the kit they made...went i saw it in the trunk of his car, when they were working on the supercharger, "can i buy that?" was in the back of my mind...lol, but i did want to do it myself in the end, but i really like how they set it up, much cleaner than my homemade setup...though hackish did say it was not bad.

good luck man
Old Aug 9, 2012, 04:13 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Nice job , it sounds like your on the right road. Keep it up and keep us posted
Old Aug 9, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Parts, parts, parts...that's a good question, "Where am I going to get the PARTS?!" I spoke to Brent and he told me that he might be taking the kit off the engine if he can't sell his car, and I spoke with Hackish, and he still has a manifold, IC, and piping, without the downpipe and oil lines. So, it looks like I have a couple of potential options. Time and money will tell. I asked Turbokits as well, and they can't help, bummer. Right now I'm having a problem with the Tactrix cable reading my VIN, apparently "...because it's a 2004" says Brent...can't progress any further until Hackish gets back to me.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's awesome, your also running an 04. I'm still working with those guys to get the auto turbo reflash sorted out so now at least Mikes got a bit more "push" as two guys need it done. Brent texted me this morning double checking what year my car is, saying they might have a lead. I'm wondering if your issue had something to do with it.

I've also installed a better wideband as of last night, so I can actually log afr runs which might help solve this stupid issue.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blaire
That's awesome, your also running an 04. I'm still working with those guys to get the auto turbo reflash sorted out so now at least Mikes got a bit more "push" as two guys need it done. Brent texted me this morning double checking what year my car is, saying they might have a lead. I'm wondering if your issue had something to do with it.

I've also installed a better wideband as of last night, so I can actually log afr runs which might help solve this stupid issue.
I'm confused, so, we are the first 04's to request a NA / Turbo reflash, and to have encountered the problem of not being able to read the VIN? How did you progress past this point with your turbo reflash Blaire?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Injector status:

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 9, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

One expensive 4 cm piece of plastic!

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 9, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 04:40 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blaire

So just for us guys that will be eventually needing a wide band. Which brand did you get that was not good? And which brand did you get that was compatible for the reflash?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

I'm confused, so, we are the first 04's to request a NA / Turbo reflash, and to have encountered the problem of not being able to read the VIN? How did you progress past this point with your turbo reflash Blaire?
Hackish has been reflashing my 2nd ecu in person to this point and mailing it to me. As far as I understand hes had no problem reading/writing to my ecu, so I don't know about the VIN issue. We aren't the first to request a reflash for an 2004, at least not to my knowledge.

So just for us guys that will be eventually needing a wide band. Which brand did you get that was not good? And which brand did you get that was compatible for the reflash?
I originally had a analog AEM wideband, which was great. With the analog version of the AEM wideband I could not integrate it with evoscan due to a lack of a serial output. No issues with the wideband, just couldn't do much beyond visually seeing what was going on.

Now I'm running a zeitronix zt-2 with display. I can integrate it with evoscan, or datalog separately. It also can display EGT, boost, lamba, and potentially other readings depending on what you hook up to it. 4 possible outputs on a single display and you can mount the display anywhere as its not a typical circular display.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i run an AEM UEGO digital wideband...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:46 PM

Good luck man! Hey I recognize the emblem on the MAP sensor you got but I can't remember the brand name, mind posting the brand? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ShadowRalli
Good luck man! Hey I recognize the emblem on the MAP sensor you got but I can't remember the brand name, mind posting the brand? Thanks!
omnipowerusa Mitsubishi 3 bar MAP.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
i run an AEM UEGO digital wideband...
The digital aem uego wideband might have the analog output that my analog aem wideband did not? I know it sounds stupid but thats just how it went... I didn't look into it before I bought it, just assumed the analog version would have it as well. To me the sweep of a needle is easier to read then flickering digital numbers. Anyways, the analog aem wideband only has serial outputs of lamba readings, but not analog output as can be proven by the following:

http://www.aemelectronics.com/Images...%2030-5130.pdf

and in this thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...0-evoscan.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build