Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

What Release Bearings are you high HP guys running?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Release Bearings are you high HP guys running?

I currently have a turboed 02, and swapped to an 06 Transmission for the external slave. What throwout bearings are you guys using and how are they holding up with the excess power? I'm trying to find a good replacement or find out if the OEM one of whatever year is good enough. I've had to replace the 02 style about 4 times because it couldn't handle it. Thank you
Old Jan 6, 2015, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
my original OEM release bearing was shot at 160,000km. I then used an OEM bearing on my Stage 1 ACT, and i'm using the ACT bearing that's included in the clutch kit on my stage 2 6-puck....no trouble so far...it's not really about how much power you make, as engine power doesn't directly affect the bearing...it's more about the amount of force required to release the clutch disc...I've had two ACT clutches...both the stage 1 SS disk, and the stage 2 (?) 4 and 6 puck discs use the same pressure plate as far as i know...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
my original OEM release bearing was shot at 160,000km. I then used an OEM bearing on my Stage 1 ACT, and i'm using the ACT bearing that's included in the clutch kit on my stage 2 6-puck....no trouble so far...it's not really about how much power you make, as engine power doesn't directly affect the bearing...it's more about the amount of force required to release the clutch disc...I've had two ACT clutches...both the stage 1 SS disk, and the stage 2 (?) 4 and 6 puck discs use the same pressure plate as far as i know...
It seems your OEM one held up fairly better than all of mine, lol. I actually have the highest force pressure plate, there are 3 types for my year, which would also work on the RalliArt's, and I believe it's this that is causing such quick wear. So I might look in to an ACT bearing now that I swapped to an external style transmission from your year Lancer's. Thanks for the input.