Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Turbo 2004 Ralliart

Old Mar 8, 2018, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RAJK
Well it looks great. I've heard of dipyourcar before but never alpha pigments. Are they related at all?

Alpha pigments is just a pearl/flake/candy company, their products are able to be used in plastidip!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 09:53 PM

What a transformation!

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...hi-lancer-4g69

From what I've heard you can use a tactrix cable with evoscan to reflash the stock ecu. Pretty sure that's what the Puerto Rico guys do. They're hitting 370+whp with a stock bottom end and ARP studs.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 08:53 AM

Thanks to bakuro117 for the internals! Got the engine out yesterday (i work 7 days a week at the moment so time is limited) teardown will begin this week and hopefully I'll have the block and head ready for the machine shop by this weekend!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Awesome! Im glad they went to another Ralliart guy!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 07:40 PM

Little update, slowly getting it torn down. I only get to work on it between 1am-3am, maybe I'll get lucky and get a weekend off. Doesn't happan often, the life of being a machinist lol.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:55 AM

Ringland failure cyl 4. Head is pitted pretty good, gonna snag a good head out of the junkyard and send this cam off for a regrind by Schneider Racing Cams. Cyl wall seems to be okay, no gouging or anything that catches the fingernail, block should be disassembled by this weekend and ready to go to the machine shop!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Typical failure for a RRM set up
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Typical failure for a RRM set up

Wow I can't believe you're still active on these forums! I enjoyed your build thread. I beat the hell out of this car and it had 186k on it, no idea how long it's been boosted but I've put 20k hard miles on it with this kit, i expected it to blow much sooner lol
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rice4life
What a transformation!

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...hi-lancer-4g69

From what I've heard you can use a tactrix cable with evoscan to reflash the stock ecu. Pretty sure that's what the Puerto Rico guys do. They're hitting 370+whp with a stock bottom end and ARP studs.
Be careful with that. What it is showing you how to do is bench flash the 4G69 ECU.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 01:23 PM

Small update, haven't done much lately due to my work schedule, but I removed my stock cam from the old head, and will be sending it off later this week or early next week to Schneider Racing Cams. They do custom performance regrinds on your stock 4g69 cam for $250 so if you're looking for a cheap can option, give them a call!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 01:29 PM

I've also decided to go with a bigger turbo, doing some research on what would be best for my set up, my concern is what the trans will hold. Anyone know of highest hp/tq that's been made on a factory 5 speed?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

As far as I know, Cranswick has probably tested those waters more than anyone still on here. IIRC his trans was doing alright, it was the stock bottom end that gave out on him. I would guess that the trans would hold up alright with higher hp. But too much tq will probably do it in. The splines are a lot thinner on those trans than say the Evo's 5 speed, which means there are more of them, but thinner. That's why I make that assumption. I believe Crans also got custom beefier axles at some point too, so you might want to look into that as well.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 07:08 PM

Alright guys, so, because of complications with cam regrinds I believe I will be staying with a stock head for now. I finally managed to get a weekend off and I will finish disassembly of the bottom end and have the block dropped off at the machine shop HOPEFULLY. Going on vacation next week with the family, so won't be too much going on. Having a buddy fab me up a new forward facing manifold and will be running a gt3582r turbo. After talking to someone who is running this same set up (gt35, Manley internals, stock head, meth injection) full boost at around 4000rpm, and 463whp! Will be blueprinting this engine as well, and will be loaded with pictures. Making the switch to a 4g64 flywheel and an aftermarket clutch for GST eclipse so that I will have a clutch option suited for my power goals. That's about all that's new for me! Here's to hoping this is finished within the next 2 months!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Just curious have you checked to see if the GST clutch has the same spline count? I tried using a lightweight flywheel and clutch setup I had for my RA on my Evo and the spline count was way off so I ended up needing to sell it.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=bakuro117;11812747]Just curious have you checked to see if the GST clutch has the same spline count? I tried using a lightweight flywheel and clutch setup I had for my RA on my Evo and the spline count was way off so I ended up needing to sell it.[/QUOTE

Yep! The guy who has essentially the same build as I do is running that flywheel/clutch combo! He said he always had issues finding a clutch made for the 4g69 that could hold anything over 350tq

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo 2004 Ralliart