Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

04 ralliart turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 ralliart turbo?

Hey guys, so I recently bought a 04 lancer ralliart with 180k on the odometer. I would absolutely LOVE to put a turbo in it however I know that with such high mileage on it that theres a chance to blow the engine and I dont wanna do that. I'm curious as to if I should even put a turbo in it and or any parts at all because of the high miles. If a turbo is even possible with such high miles what would you guys recommend?

Thank you,
Old Oct 30, 2018, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Allarekin
Hey guys, so I recently bought a 04 lancer ralliart with 180k on the odometer. I would absolutely LOVE to put a turbo in it however I know that with such high mileage on it that theres a chance to blow the engine and I dont wanna do that. I'm curious as to if I should even put a turbo in it and or any parts at all because of the high miles. If a turbo is even possible with such high miles what would you guys recommend?

Thank you,
Service and maintenance first...

I don't think the mileage is going to make any difference...just make sure it's tuned right and it should be fine...my first engine took 19psi of boost before it exploded...and that was only when my meth pump failed...if the engine is not in good condition it'll need a rebuild anyway at some point...if it was taken care of it should be fine, but you could have an engine with 80k that is more likely to blow if it was starved of oil, or timing belt not done, or done incorrectly or something...