Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

04 Ralliart 2.4l Mivec turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Ralliart 2.4l Mivec turbo questions

Hi guys,
new to the forum and am curious about an 04 Lancer Ralliart. I’m going to buy it today, my question is how easy/ difficult is it to turbocharge these? My brother has a brand new stainless manifold and 20g turbo he wants to give off of a 2010 ralliart evo. Will these parts fit? If not can I use a manifold, turbo off an older evo? Thanks.
Old May 6, 2019, 04:45 PM

Hey man the 4b11 engine manifold does not fit the 4g69 however I custom make manifolds for that engine. The most difficult part is tuning but I'll gladly share anything you want to know about boosting the ralliart. I have a 06 ralliart boosted with my own kit that I make. Also the evo 8 and 9 manifolds also don't fit as the 4g63 head is d8fferent than the 4g69
Old May 6, 2019, 05:36 PM

MR.bishi thank you for the info. Its hard to find the specifics im looking for so ill gladly take any and all intel I can get. Ive got the car in my drive way now and VIN verified that it is an 04 Lancer ralliart. It needs some work since its been sitting for two months but its only got 107K miles on the odometer. How much do you charge for the manifolds? I heard you can use Evo X intercoolers and piping, is this true? The stock parts off of Evo 8/9s and Xs are plentiful on facebook marketplace and reasonably priced. Im gonna try and boost it on a budget to have a fun daily. I heard that stock injectors are the same size as Evo X and unless im boosting alot or going for higher hp i wont need to upgrade injectors or the fuel pump?
Old May 10, 2019, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostExperiment
Hi guys,
new to the forum and am curious about an 04 Lancer Ralliart. I’m going to buy it today, my question is how easy/ difficult is it to turbocharge these? My brother has a brand new stainless manifold and 20g turbo he wants to give off of a 2010 ralliart evo. Will these parts fit? If not can I use a manifold, turbo off an older evo? Thanks.
never heard of a ralliart evo, and mr.bishi is correct the manifolds from either generation of Evo will NOT work. The only option I'm aware of is custom, and if roadrace Motorsports still sells theirs...last I checked their kits were junk. Also you won't need a 20g turbo unless you plan on blowing up the motor, or building one...too laggy for low boost...

Originally Posted by BoostExperiment
MR.bishi thank you for the info. Its hard to find the specifics im looking for so ill gladly take any and all intel I can get. Ive got the car in my drive way now and VIN verified that it is an 04 Lancer ralliart. It needs some work since its been sitting for two months but its only got 107K miles on the odometer. How much do you charge for the manifolds? I heard you can use Evo X intercoolers and piping, is this true? The stock parts off of Evo 8/9s and Xs are plentiful on facebook marketplace and reasonably priced. Im gonna try and boost it on a budget to have a fun daily. I heard that stock injectors are the same size as Evo X and unless im boosting alot or going for higher hp i wont need to upgrade injectors or the fuel pump?
You absolutely cannot use Evo x piping on an 04 ralliart, I think our are confusing it for a 2009+ ralliart, the turbo is on the opposite side...you can probably use Evo 8/9 piping, but it would still require some fitting, and maybe a battery relocate. Also, I don't know the flow rate of Evo X injectors but I would imagine they are well over 450cc, if you mean physically, I don't even think that's true either...and lastly, where are you hearing all of this?
Old May 20, 2019, 11:54 AM

Tuning

Mr Bishi I'd be very interested to hear any information in regards to tuning the ralliart. Currently im persuing the reflash evoscan method but not disregarding the possibility of a standalone ecu, perhaps the 1500 elite. I say this as rpw has a read up on it and apparently can wire this up for customers. Also saw a listing for an adaptroniv m1200 with wiring, not sure how good it is. Regardless I'd be curious as to any ideas or tips you may have, I've already contacted brent from the forums for help on reflash.
Old May 29, 2019, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by James Hunt
Mr Bishi I'd be very interested to hear any information in regards to tuning the ralliart. Currently im persuing the reflash evoscan method but not disregarding the possibility of a standalone ecu, perhaps the 1500 elite. I say this as rpw has a read up on it and apparently can wire this up for customers. Also saw a listing for an adaptroniv m1200 with wiring, not sure how good it is. Regardless I'd be curious as to any ideas or tips you may have, I've already contacted brent from the forums for help on reflash.
Hey James,

The Elite 1500 would be perfect for a 4G69 lancer. Lets you continue using the DBW throttle body and pedal. If you didn't know, Adaptronic is actually owned by Haltech now. If you decide to go with the Elite 1500 let me know. I have some diagrams that can help you wire it in yourself if you feel up to doing it. I work for Haltech's USA office and can get you in touch with the OZ sales guys if you need.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 09:14 AM

So the elite 1500 is a good fit for the 04 ralliart? And this will help with trying to add a turbo to the car and being able to tune it properly right?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pr0jectRalliart
So the elite 1500 is a good fit for the 04 ralliart? And this will help with trying to add a turbo to the car and being able to tune it properly right?
Sorry for the late reply. But yea the 1500 would work brilliantly. Check out the Mighty Car Mods 4G69 swap on the lancer they call 2sexy. Or look up Weird Beard Rally on Facebook they are using a 1500 on a Lancer Ralliart.
The following users liked this post:
Pr0jectRalliart (Jul 1, 2019)
Old Sep 12, 2019, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crans! Bakuro117 I can't believe you lads still have your RA!!! that is awesome!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
Crans! Bakuro117 I can't believe you lads still have your RA!!! that is awesome!
LOL I dont sadly... I wish I did. The people I sold it off to totalled it... :'( I just like to keep coming back to the forums to see if anything new pops up. I miss the old days on here.

My little brother bought one. But due to not doing maintenance and then wanting to be cheap and not paying attention to what he was doing he's pretty much trashed the engine... -_-

I do have a couple of projects in the works with 4G69 engines though. Just neither of them with a Ralliart chassis. I've actually been seeing more people coming through work looking for ECUs for 4G69 powered cars lately too. Which makes me very happy!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

I still have mine ...doesn't run though
Old Sep 17, 2019, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I still have mine ...doesn't run though
I was passing through Trenton last weekend. You still have the same #?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 09:04 PM

Do you still tune?

Oft ralliart do you still tune the 2004 Mitsubishi ralliart.. I’m in need for a tuner ASAP. No one can help me
Old Dec 18, 2019, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Hackish, or merlin last I heard...
Old Jan 8, 2020, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Christian Ford
Oft ralliart do you still tune the 2004 Mitsubishi ralliart.. I’m in need for a tuner ASAP. No one can help me
Yes I still do but not doing any boosted vehicles we stopped developing those some time ago. https://www.facebook.com/Xclusivetuningcdn/