Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

04 Ralliart 2.4l Mivec turbo questions

 
Old May 6, 2019, 05:01 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Ralliart 2.4l Mivec turbo questions

Hi guys,
new to the forum and am curious about an 04 Lancer Ralliart. Iím going to buy it today, my question is how easy/ difficult is it to turbocharge these? My brother has a brand new stainless manifold and 20g turbo he wants to give off of a 2010 ralliart evo. Will these parts fit? If not can I use a manifold, turbo off an older evo? Thanks.
BoostExperiment is offline  
Old May 6, 2019, 04:45 PM
  #2  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Canada ontario
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man the 4b11 engine manifold does not fit the 4g69 however I custom make manifolds for that engine. The most difficult part is tuning but I'll gladly share anything you want to know about boosting the ralliart. I have a 06 ralliart boosted with my own kit that I make. Also the evo 8 and 9 manifolds also don't fit as the 4g63 head is d8fferent than the 4g69
MR.bishi is offline  
Old May 6, 2019, 05:36 PM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR.bishi thank you for the info. Its hard to find the specifics im looking for so ill gladly take any and all intel I can get. Ive got the car in my drive way now and VIN verified that it is an 04 Lancer ralliart. It needs some work since its been sitting for two months but its only got 107K miles on the odometer. How much do you charge for the manifolds? I heard you can use Evo X intercoolers and piping, is this true? The stock parts off of Evo 8/9s and Xs are plentiful on facebook marketplace and reasonably priced. Im gonna try and boost it on a budget to have a fun daily. I heard that stock injectors are the same size as Evo X and unless im boosting alot or going for higher hp i wont need to upgrade injectors or the fuel pump?
BoostExperiment is offline  
Old May 10, 2019, 08:56 AM
  #4  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (5)
 
CrAnSwIcK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,443
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostExperiment View Post
Hi guys,
new to the forum and am curious about an 04 Lancer Ralliart. I’m going to buy it today, my question is how easy/ difficult is it to turbocharge these? My brother has a brand new stainless manifold and 20g turbo he wants to give off of a 2010 ralliart evo. Will these parts fit? If not can I use a manifold, turbo off an older evo? Thanks.
never heard of a ralliart evo, and mr.bishi is correct the manifolds from either generation of Evo will NOT work. The only option I'm aware of is custom, and if roadrace Motorsports still sells theirs...last I checked their kits were junk. Also you won't need a 20g turbo unless you plan on blowing up the motor, or building one...too laggy for low boost...

Originally Posted by BoostExperiment View Post
MR.bishi thank you for the info. Its hard to find the specifics im looking for so ill gladly take any and all intel I can get. Ive got the car in my drive way now and VIN verified that it is an 04 Lancer ralliart. It needs some work since its been sitting for two months but its only got 107K miles on the odometer. How much do you charge for the manifolds? I heard you can use Evo X intercoolers and piping, is this true? The stock parts off of Evo 8/9s and Xs are plentiful on facebook marketplace and reasonably priced. Im gonna try and boost it on a budget to have a fun daily. I heard that stock injectors are the same size as Evo X and unless im boosting alot or going for higher hp i wont need to upgrade injectors or the fuel pump?
You absolutely cannot use Evo x piping on an 04 ralliart, I think our are confusing it for a 2009+ ralliart, the turbo is on the opposite side...you can probably use Evo 8/9 piping, but it would still require some fitting, and maybe a battery relocate. Also, I don't know the flow rate of Evo X injectors but I would imagine they are well over 450cc, if you mean physically, I don't even think that's true either...and lastly, where are you hearing all of this?
CrAnSwIcK is offline  
Old May 20, 2019, 11:54 AM
  #5  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning

Mr Bishi I'd be very interested to hear any information in regards to tuning the ralliart. Currently im persuing the reflash evoscan method but not disregarding the possibility of a standalone ecu, perhaps the 1500 elite. I say this as rpw has a read up on it and apparently can wire this up for customers. Also saw a listing for an adaptroniv m1200 with wiring, not sure how good it is. Regardless I'd be curious as to any ideas or tips you may have, I've already contacted brent from the forums for help on reflash.
James Hunt is offline  
Old May 29, 2019, 08:23 AM
  #6  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (5)
 
bakuro117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cynthiana, KY
Posts: 1,833
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by James Hunt View Post
Mr Bishi I'd be very interested to hear any information in regards to tuning the ralliart. Currently im persuing the reflash evoscan method but not disregarding the possibility of a standalone ecu, perhaps the 1500 elite. I say this as rpw has a read up on it and apparently can wire this up for customers. Also saw a listing for an adaptroniv m1200 with wiring, not sure how good it is. Regardless I'd be curious as to any ideas or tips you may have, I've already contacted brent from the forums for help on reflash.
Hey James,

The Elite 1500 would be perfect for a 4G69 lancer. Lets you continue using the DBW throttle body and pedal. If you didn't know, Adaptronic is actually owned by Haltech now. If you decide to go with the Elite 1500 let me know. I have some diagrams that can help you wire it in yourself if you feel up to doing it. I work for Haltech's USA office and can get you in touch with the OZ sales guys if you need.
bakuro117 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.